Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 2:06 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. completes 457-foot furnace reactor tower for new Toledo operation

It's a major step on the iron ore mining company's path to opening a $700 million hot briquetted iron plant, which is slated to begin production in the first half of 2020.

“You didn’t build that” ……  LOL

This project's was initiated, planned and begun long before Trump was elected.  

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 3:43 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Stocks up 160 on yet another democrat face-plant

Stocks down 920 over 2 days because of a dem coup that just ain’t the Dons’ fault

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 3:55 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

Stocks down 920 over 2 days because of a dem coup that just ain’t the Dons’ fault

Still above 25k. I won't start to worry until it gets below 20k. That is when shit will hit the fan. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 4, 2019 11:08 AM

Unemployment reached another 50-year low in September, as the economy added 136,000 jobs, according to the new Labor Department report. First, the overall data from CNBC:

• “The jobless rate dropped 0.2 percentage points to 3.5%, matching a level it last saw in December 1969.”
  • “A more encompassing measure that includes discouraged workers and the underemployed also fell, declining 0.3 percent points to 6.9%, matching its lowest in nearly 19 years and just off the all-time low of 6.8%.”
QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Oct 4, 2019 2:59 PM

Market up 287, on recession and impeachment.

Have a great weekend.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Oct 11, 2019 11:08 PM

Okay Joe McCarthy

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Oct 28, 2019 11:47 AM

The Donald takes down the leading terrorist ………..WAPO calls terrorist an ‘austere religious scholar’.

Trump has been right from Day One ……….MSM is indeed fake news.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Oct 28, 2019 12:52 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The Donald takes down the leading terrorist ………..WAPO calls terrorist an ‘austere religious scholar’.

Trump has been right from Day One ……….MSM is indeed fake news.

Bloomberg News almost handled his death worse than WaPO. It’s hard to make an argument that the media is legitimate after how they reacted to Baghdadi being killed.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 28, 2019 1:01 PM
posted by like_that

Bloomberg News almost handled his death worse than WaPO. It’s hard to make an argument that the media is legitimate after how they reacted to Baghdadi being killed.

Trump really is a cause of mental illness.  The Dems and their media surrogates are so determined to get rid of Trump that they refuse to give him credit for anything, or acknowledge anything he's done that's good.  That's how you end-up with that spin on Baghdadi.

Or like when he met with Kardashian about that pardon and criminal justice reform...some of the coverage deflected from that by focusing on "how dare she work with that racist Trump".

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Oct 28, 2019 2:59 PM

ISIS spokesman Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, considered a potential Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi successor, was also killed in Syria, a senior State Department official confirmed…..

Bonus kill

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 28, 2019 4:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Bonus kill

Was he also “dead as a door nail”?  Hahaha

Trump supporters are lapping up his descriptions of these killings.  I believe he will easily be re-elected.

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 12:52 PM

Great news for the country that the terrorist is dead. I was actually ok with Trump's messaging. It may have seen harsh, but Baghdadi was like a dog. The Post's initial headline deserves all the blasting it did receive. I thought it was a fake headline, then saw it and though oh, that's fucked up. 

I doubt this moves the needle for Trump, as it did not for Obama when Bid Laden was killed. There is simply too many other things going on, and the election is a year away for this to stick and matter to voters. 

Also, how screwed up is Trump's Syria policy? Let me just give up the Kurds to the Turks and Russians forcing them to ally with Assad. Even some Rs are having a lot of problems with it. 

The far greater stuff is the news and continued coming forward of witnesses to testify how fucked up the Ukraine situation is. Trump will be impeached by the House, little doubt now, and the Senate trial will be interesting. He will be acquitted, but the Senate R's are not standing by the President by any measure. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 29, 2019 11:09 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Also, how screwed up is Trump's Syria policy? Let me just give up the Kurds to the Turks and Russians forcing them to ally with Assad. Even some Rs are having a lot of problems with it. 

So let me get this straight.  We are in an official defense alliance with the Turks to protect them from the Russians.  The Kurds and Turks hate each other.  The Russians are allied with Assad and now the Kurds are also allied with Assad.   But we are giving up the Kurds to the Turks and Russia.  Who wants their son to die in this shitty mess.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 30, 2019 1:20 AM
posted by majorspark

So let me get this straight.  We are in an official defense alliance with the Turks to protect them from the Russians.  The Kurds and Turks hate each other.  The Russians are allied with Assad and now the Kurds are also allied with Assad.   But we are giving up the Kurds to the Turks and Russia.  Who wants their son to die in this shitty mess.

Not I, which is why I'd prefer we not be in "entangling alliances" in the first place.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 30, 2019 8:33 AM

The far greater stuff is the news and continued coming forward of witnesses to testify how fucked up the Ukraine situation is. Trump will be impeached by the House, little doubt now, and the Senate trial will be interesting. He will be acquitted, but the Senate R's are not standing by the President by any measure. 

Do we not already know what was in the call? Highly doubt a bombshell is waiting to be uncovered.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Oct 30, 2019 9:27 AM

Great news for the country that the terrorist is dead. I was actually ok with Trump's messaging. It may have seen harsh, but Baghdadi was like a dog. The Post's initial headline deserves all the blasting it did receive. I thought it was a fake headline, then saw it and though oh, that's fucked up. 

I doubt this moves the needle for Trump, as it did not for Obama when Bid Laden was killed. There is simply too many other things going on, and the election is a year away for this to stick and matter to voters. 

I doubt it will come to a vote ………..if so, look for the dems to lose the House.

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 2:54 PM
posted by majorspark

Not exactly correct. Yes, Turkey is an ally, but they have been a shitty one recently. They are actually moving closer to Russia Once the U.S. vacated the area in northern Syria, Turkey made a deal with the Russians to take over that northern area of Syria that was home to the Kurds. Turkey is pretty clear they want to eliminate all Kurds. So, by us leaving...we just gave them the green light to do that...

Turkey is also pretty close to buying the Russian S400 missile defense system. They country has also pretty much thrown out any function of a democracy recently. All in all, in a normal administration, they would be seriously be considered being thrown out of NATO. 

On the Kurds, it was them, not the Turks, that we have been fighting side by side against ISIS the last few years, and going back even further to the Iraq war years. They have been a hell of a reliable ally in that time, way more so than the Turks in that time. Trump had it reversed, what has Turkey done for us recently? 

So, we basically sold out our alliance with the Kurds and gave them up to the Turks and Russians. Why the hell would any country now trust us to stay in the fight? We just cut and run. 

posted by iclfan2

Do we not already know what was in the call? Highly doubt a bombshell is waiting to be uncovered.

I guess you have no problem with career civil servants, members of the military, and ambassadors stating what was said on the call was unnerving and not right? Pretty much everything the whistle blower said has been collaborated with the testimony over the last few days. 

posted by QuakerOats

I doubt it will come to a vote ………..if so, look for the dems to lose the House.

The Speaker has the votes and even the Ds in Trump District are in now favor of impeachment. Also, a majority of Americans are in favor of the impeachment process. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Oct 30, 2019 5:13 PM

I see ptown is still taking the 2nd hand knowledge of a "whistle blower" over the actual transcript of the call. 

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 6:18 PM
posted by Spock

I see ptown is still taking the 2nd hand knowledge of a "whistle blower" over the actual transcript of the call. 

Oh you mean the transcript where the President sought a foreign power to investigate a political rival? A call that was so screwed up, several officials have now come forward saying the call was inappropriate and outside the norm, which validates all the concerns laid out by the whistleblower. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login