Disgusted with the Biden administration

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 10, 2022 6:01 PM
posted by Heretic

EDIT: Also probably because Trump is using his name to campaign for whomever he wants to anoint for all these other seats, so as a means to combat that.

I wonder if Trump is selling "Super MAGA" gear yet.
justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 10, 2022 6:38 PM

I'd buy an Ultra MAGA hat for shits and giggles.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 10, 2022 6:51 PM
posted by justincredible

Easily. This is a clown show. 

gut Senior Member
Tue, May 10, 2022 7:20 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm hoping Biden patented it and then sues Trump for infringement.

That's some good work from Biden's team, though.  Let's toss a big, fat softball to one of the planet's greatest trolls.

$26....https://store.flagandcross.com/products/ultra-maga-unisex-hat

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 11, 2022 10:50 AM

8.3%

Enjoy

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, May 11, 2022 12:39 PM
posted by QuakerOats

8.3%

Enjoy

So much winning

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 11, 2022 1:09 PM
posted by QuakerOats

8.3%

While no one is rooting for inflation, I love this smack back to reality and lesson that inflation is NOT dead and that fiscal & monetary policy do, indeed, matter.  Not that it will matter to anyone in DC.

There's an entire generation, or two, of AOC's that think the last 10-20 years is normal.  When mortgage rates get up to 8%+ come back to me and whine about your student loans.

But this is a really scary thought (that people like Buffett and Gross have been warning for years)...we have $30T in debt, but $22T of public debt is the more relevant number.  If rates rise from 2% to 6%, that's nearly $1T ADDITIONAL - @ 20% of the current total budget - spending each year just in interest. So good luck with that student loan forgiveness.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 11, 2022 2:17 PM
posted by gut

While no one is rooting for inflation, I love this smack back to reality and lesson that inflation is NOT dead and that fiscal & monetary policy do, indeed, matter.  Not that it will matter to anyone in DC.

There's an entire generation, or two, of AOC's that think the last 10-20 years is normal.  When mortgage rates get up to 8%+ come back to me and whine about your student loans.

But this is a really scary thought (that people like Buffett and Gross have been warning for years)...we have $30T in debt, but $22T of public debt is the more relevant number.  If rates rise from 2% to 6%, that's nearly $1T ADDITIONAL - @ 20% of the current total budget - spending each year just in interest. So good luck with that student loan forgiveness.

Yeah, whether it is a minor correction from the dip in 2020 or the longer term rise in things remains to be seen.

Housing prices are already out of wack, and millennials are getting priced out already even with low interest rates. That may put more and more out of reach. If the rates increase, that way result in just more pressure on renting, but could provide relief to the crazy market, but only for the older Americans. 

But, there will be crazy growth here in Central Ohio over the next 10-20 years with Intel that may correct of shield central Ohio from some of the economic fallout. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, May 11, 2022 3:01 PM

only supply chain biden wont disrupt illegals

All-time record number of overdose deaths:  107,000 in 2021.  And 99% of the fetynal pouring in is coming over the southern border, and the biden administration is willfully encouraging it and literally and purposefully enriching the drug cartels while killing twice the number of young Americans than in the entire Vietnam war. 

When in hell are people (on the left) going to wake up?

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 11, 2022 3:07 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yeah, whether it is a minor correction from the dip in 2020 or the longer term rise in things remains to be seen.

The 10-yr has always been the proxy for long-term inflation, and is what mortgage rates track.  It's hasn't moved all that much, maybe 1.5 points to ~5% (still well below historical norms of 8%).  So that all kind of looks maybe temporary, as in 2-3 years, than transitory.

And it's going to be interesting to see how people migrate with more jobs going at least semi-remote.  That would allow people to move 1-1.5 hours out of downtown metros to neighborhoods with much more affordability.  That's going to make for a tough housing market to navigate (as an investor, and owner to lesser extent).

Rising rates suck for homeowners, too, but not nearly as bad as buyers who suck at math.  Rates increasing from 3.5% to 8.5% would mean a 70% increase in the payments.  Otherwise, in theory, that should drop the value of your home maybe 40% (after adjusting for 20% down and interest deductions).

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 11, 2022 3:10 PM
posted by QuakerOats

All-time record number of overdose deaths:  107,000 in 2021. 

Imagine where we'd be if Trump hadn't taken this on and made huge strides!

Or wait....maybe Trump didn't do anything and this is hitting a new high because not nearly as many people are dying from Covid now?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, May 11, 2022 3:59 PM
posted by QuakerOats

only supply chain biden wont disrupt illegals

All-time record number of overdose deaths:  107,000 in 2021.  And 99% of the fetynal pouring in is coming over the southern border, and the biden administration is willfully encouraging it and literally and purposefully enriching the drug cartels while killing twice the number of young Americans than in the entire Vietnam war. 

When in hell are people (on the left) going to wake up?

There have been an all time record number of overdoses every year for the last 10-15 years.  This talking point from Tucker or the RNC or wherever you source requires a second of thought to question.  Yes, Biden has been unable to stop the addiction issue.  But Trump did nothing to help it either.  Neither of these two idiots gives a fuck about any average American.  They are equally incompetent.

This idea that we are overrun by criminal immigrants is nonsense.  They want to be here for the same reason your ancestors did - to gain a better life.  Your ancestors simply had to show up to be admitted.  When Latinos do the same going, it’s “illegal”.  Do you have any concept of how difficult it is for a poor person to immigrate legally?  It’s not attainable.  Had those requirements been in place when your relatives travelled here, they’d have been sent back.  

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 11, 2022 4:10 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Yes, Biden has been unable to stop the addiction issue.  But Trump did nothing to help it either.

Did they ever get those nets installed on the wall to catch all the drugs the smugglers were tossing over the fence?
Wed, May 11, 2022 6:09 PM
posted by gut
Did they ever get those nets installed on the wall to catch all the drugs the smugglers were tossing over the fence?

Are you referring to the big beautiful wall Mexico paid for?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, May 12, 2022 10:05 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

There have been an all time record number of overdoses every year for the last 10-15 years.  This talking point from Tucker or the RNC or wherever you source requires a second of thought to question.  Yes, Biden has been unable to stop the addiction issue.  But Trump did nothing to help it either.  Neither of these two idiots gives a fuck about any average American.  They are equally incompetent.

This idea that we are overrun by criminal immigrants is nonsense.  They want to be here for the same reason your ancestors did - to gain a better life.  Your ancestors simply had to show up to be admitted.  When Latinos do the same going, it’s “illegal”.  Do you have any concept of how difficult it is for a poor person to immigrate legally?  It’s not attainable.  Had those requirements been in place when your relatives travelled here, they’d have been sent back.  

First, I didn't say we are overrun by criminal immigrants.  I said biden's open border policy is fueling a massive surge in drug overdoses and drugs crossing the southern border, and he is doing nothing to stop it and is actually making it far, far worse, while enriching the cartels to the tune of billions of dollars. 

Second, a lot of the people crossing the border would be good working and taxpaying people, but you aren't allowed to hire them because of the asinine policies emanating from D.C.  So amidst the largest labor crisis in the nation's history with 11.5 MILLION jobs available, the millions of people pouring over the border cannot be hired, even on a temporary basis, to help with the labor crisis and the supply crisis. 

Yeah, let's let all the bad shit come in and pollute and kill our young people, but if you come in and want to work and contribute to society, hell no. 

We deserve to crumble. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 12, 2022 11:33 AM

posted by gut

I'm hoping Biden patented it and then sues Trump for infringement.

That's some good work from Biden's team, though.  Let's toss a big, fat softball to one of the planet's greatest trolls.

$26....https://store.flagandcross.com/products/ultra-maga-unisex-hat

And now he's apparently calling Trump the "King of MAGA". It's just sad how utterly horrible these dipshits are at playing Trump's insult game back at him. About reminds me of when Hillary tried to workshop "Dangerous" Donald before the '16 election. Like, I understood the concept behind it, but you're talking about a dude who's friends with Vince McMahon and has done WWE shit in the past -- that's both giving him a pro wrestling-style nickname AND giving him a "yeah, I'm dangerous TO THE CROOKED ESTABLISHMENT" softball.

And this shit? Ultra-MAGA and King of MAGA? Yeah...every single supporter is gonna be like, "HELL F'N YEAH!!!! Wait...are they acting like this is a bad thing? LOL!"

Dumb fucks need to open the wallets and hire someone who actually is good at insulting people if they want to play this game. Because whatever person or focus group in charge of thinking this shit up flat-out sucks. To the degree I feel personally offended that this level of "insult" was actually green-lit and thought sufficient to turn any sort of tide. I mean, come on: some of us take pride in our insults; don't disenfranchise us!

Thu, May 12, 2022 11:34 AM
posted by QuakerOats

First, I didn't say we are overrun by criminal immigrants.  I said biden's open border policy is fueling a massive surge in drug overdoses and drugs crossing the southern border, and he is doing nothing to stop it and is actually making it far, far worse, while enriching the cartels to the tune of billions of dollars. 

Second, a lot of the people crossing the border would be good working and taxpaying people, but you aren't allowed to hire them because of the asinine policies emanating from D.C.  So amidst the largest labor crisis in the nation's history with 11.5 MILLION jobs available, the millions of people pouring over the border cannot be hired, even on a temporary basis, to help with the labor crisis and the supply crisis. 

Yeah, let's let all the bad shit come in and pollute and kill our young people, but if you come in and want to work and contribute to society, hell no. 

We deserve to crumble. 

The point I was making is the “massive surge” in overdoses has been underway for more than a decade under the watch of both parties who did nothing to counter it.  Biden happens to be the latest.  Why you expect him to perform better than W, Obama or Trump, or really any president before, is flawed.  

These illegal immigrants fill entire industries as it is now.  Check out any home builder or landscaping company in the south as a reference.  

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, May 12, 2022 1:26 PM
posted by Fletch

So much winning

you mean tax cuts for the rich havent trickled down?  

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, May 12, 2022 1:34 PM
posted by geeblock

you mean tax cuts for the rich havent trickled down?  

It's coming... Reagan promissed it and he's the Messiah.  So...

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login