2024 Presidential Election Thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Aug 29, 2024 7:34 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

That's not new. We just talked about that on this forum... probably less than a month ago.

Oh I just saw him say it today I must have missed it. Did anyone call him a flip flopper? 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 29, 2024 7:54 PM
posted by geeblock

Oh I just saw him say it today I must have missed it. Did anyone call him a flip flopper? 

I don't remember for sure, so don't want to say yes or no. Go back and look. I would but I'm at work 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 29, 2024 7:55 PM
posted by geeblock

You got him this time! A quick google search shows he has always said around 15 to 20 weeks. Abortion being such a key point in the election and even this thread is so absurd with actual things to care about.

Unmarried white women are the worst electorate in this country. 

Thu, Aug 29, 2024 9:09 PM
posted by iclfan2

You got him this time! A quick google search shows he has always said around 15 to 20 weeks. Abortion being such a key point in the election and even this thread is so absurd with actual things to care about.

Have you seen the low T young men?

The new voters are ones who self-diagnose on tiktok and compete to have the most facial tics, boys and girls. Young people are generally stupid and rebellious, but at some point we have to admit that we've (society) become the worst generation of parents.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 29, 2024 9:19 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Have you seen the low T young men?

The new voters are ones who self-diagnose on tiktok and compete to have the most facial tics, boys and girls. Young people are generally stupid and rebellious, but at some point we have to admit that we've (society) become the worst generation of parents.

Please. Every generation has complained the younger one is the worst and terrible. 

This one currently is no better or worse than all the others, it just seems so with social media. 

Thu, Aug 29, 2024 9:22 PM
posted by geeblock

I just read trumps platform. I don’t know the answer this is a question. Have the gop and trump not said they were cutting out social security and Medicare. On the website it promises to protect both. 

Trump has been pretty clear he doesn't want to approve cuts to SS. 

Also, it's Congress that would be doing action on it, with Trump only signing or vetoing the bills. 

Thu, Aug 29, 2024 10:38 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Please. Every generation has complained the younger one is the worst and terrible. 

This one currently is no better or worse than all the others, it just seems so with social media. 

Read what I said again. My point was that GenX and the Millie's haven't been the best parents. 

Thu, Aug 29, 2024 11:38 PM

Anyone have a link for the full Harris/Walz interview? 

All I see is 1 or 2 minute vids

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 30, 2024 1:58 AM
posted by geeblock

I just read trumps platform. I don’t know the answer this is a question. Have the gop and trump not said they were cutting out social security and Medicare. On the website it promises to protect both. 

No, the media and dems said that Trump said it. He didn’t

What was said was that SS will be insolvent soon and changes have to be made, weather that’s extending the age again, personal retirement accounts (through fed government), or something else. But when Dems agree to do cost saving measures like extend the retirement age, it’s ok. When Rs say it “THEY’RE GUTTING SOCIAL SECURITY!”.

Someone soon, D or R, will have to make hard, not popular, decisions about spending across the board, SS, Medicare/medicaid, welfare, defense spending, etc. If someone doesn’t grow the balls to get us back to a balanced budget inflation will just keep getting worse.

Neither side really will do it,  neither side has the balls to make the needed cuts, Ds won’t make cuts to welfare/SS, Rs won’t make defense spending cuts.

Cuts across the board are actually needed.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 30, 2024 2:00 AM
posted by geeblock

Trump came out today and said he is now against the 6 week ban on abortion. I wonder if he will be called a flip flopper. 

He’s been against a federal bad for years, said it should be determined by the states.  

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 9:34 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Read what I said again. My point was that GenX and the Millie's haven't been the best parents. 

Every generation is like that....was my point. 

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 9:35 AM
posted by jmog

What was said was that SS will be insolvent soon and changes have to be made, weather that’s extending the age again, personal retirement accounts (through fed government), or something else. But when Dems agree to do cost saving measures like extend the retirement age, it’s ok. When Rs say it “THEY’RE GUTTING SOCIAL SECURITY!”.

Someone soon, D or R, will have to make hard, not popular, decisions about spending across the board, SS, Medicare/medicaid, welfare, defense spending, etc. If someone doesn’t grow the balls to get us back to a balanced budget inflation will just keep getting worse.

Neither side really will do it,  neither side has the balls to make the needed cuts, Ds won’t make cuts to welfare/SS, Rs won’t make defense spending cuts.

Hey, we agree on something! 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 30, 2024 10:50 AM
posted by iclfan2

Hey, JT Vance is in the house!
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 30, 2024 11:25 AM
posted by jmog

We could cut 25% of federal spending and no one would notice.  We could also cut spending by say, 2% per year, for 5-10 years, and grow our way out this mess, but I'd prefer the big cut right off the top.  The unwillingness to even address this disaster is simply mind boggling.  It looks like we are going to go over the cliff and invite a depression instead.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Aug 30, 2024 11:51 AM
posted by QuakerOats

We could cut 25% of federal spending and no one would notice.  We could also cut spending by say, 2% per year, for 5-10 years, and grow our way out this mess, but I'd prefer the big cut right off the top.  The unwillingness to even address this disaster is simply mind boggling.  It looks like we are going to go over the cliff and invite a depression instead.

Completely agree

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 12:02 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Every generation is like that....was my point. 

If course. Hence "young people are generally stupid and rebellious". We are not disagreeing on that.

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 12:23 PM

Well, I found a reaction vid that showed the complete interview. So here's my thoughts.

1.) First and foremost, since this was a pre-recorded interview from a friend, they had the time for do overs. But they didn't take advantage of that time and it shows. 

2.) I'm amazed. And a little bit in disbelief.

3.) I'm trying to understand how you can create air biscuit answers when your friend is giving you multiple choice answers baked into the question. All you have to do is pick the one that sounds better.

4.) Kamala never changed her mind or changed her positions because her values never changed. Okay...

5.) I'm not sure if her fracking answer will help her win Pennsylvania, which is 19 votes in the EC. She should rely heavily on Philadelphia only. Maybe Pittsburgh, too. But im not sure she can win Pitt over now, or enough of that county's population. Definitely solidify Philadelphia.

6.) Dana Bash, to her credit, got really close to getting some solid answers. Where she messed up is, I think, not forcing follow up questions to get a solid and direct answer. But her bosses probably told her not to zero in too much because CNN doesn't want to lose access now that they had their foot in the door.

7.) Walz is just going to blame all of his discrepancies in grammatical errors.

That's all I got. Anybody have differing views or am I forgetting something important?

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 12:25 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It's going to take a 3rd party or Jesus Christ to start chipping away at that, because the Duopoly will never be willing to even make an attempt.

Fri, Aug 30, 2024 12:37 PM

Oh, and this wasn't a long interview by any means. Twenty minutes? Dana Bash talked for about half that time. 

It took me longer to find a video to watch the whole interview than it did to watch it.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login