2024 Presidential Election Thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 5:12 PM

You guys are really reaching Obama tan suit level outrage here. I get that it’s hard to find things with her to be angry about but it looks rather silly to most people I would guess. 

A former district attorney not being a skilled speaker or being unable to memorize a good answer to hundreds of questions sounds silly to me. As for trumps “interviews” no matter what questions that ask he basically just gives the same random answers and rambling stories over and over every week. Most make zero sense like his knowledge of tariffs last week. There is no possible way someone could listen to her talk and listen to him talk and think he was more intelligent. IMO. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 5:17 PM
posted by geeblock

You guys are really reaching Obama tan suit level outrage here. I get that it’s hard to find things with her to be angry about but it looks rather silly to most people I would guess. 

A former district attorney not being a skilled speaker or being unable to memorize a good answer to hundreds of questions sounds silly to me. As for trumps “interviews” no matter what questions that ask he basically just gives the same random answers and rambling stories over and over every week. Most make zero sense like his knowledge of tariffs last week. There is no possible way someone could listen to her talk and listen to him talk and think he was more intelligent. IMO. 

It can sound as silly as you want, to you, but when she speaks she does not come across as intelligent. She comes across like a cackling teenage girl. That's going to go over HUGE with world leaders should she win.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 5:27 PM

If she wants to be the President of the United States AND earn an ounce of respect from her non-voters, she needs to get her ass in front of a camera and national media.

It’s insanity to think otherwise. It screams “gotta lot of things to hide”from voters

The only way the Dems can lose is if they continue this shady hiding game, the longer it goes the worse it looks.

The president of the United States needs to be able to fucking talk on their own. They should have a basic 101 understanding of virtually every potential topic….and should be well versed in many many topics of the job. It’s outrageous to think otherwise.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 5:33 PM

100% agree she needs to do interviews and lots of them. 

You would think Democrats would learn from the hiding Biden line. 

Most voters don't know Harris. They need to get her in front of voters and let her explain her policies. 

This is still a toss up race, so every little bit helps. She could easily lose this race due to dumb stuff like this. 

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 5:37 PM
posted by geeblock

More reason for her to do more interviews. The more she does, the more she may look way better than Trump in answering. 

We all agree Trump is terrible in interviews, but at least he does them and press conferences.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 6:01 PM
posted by geeblock

She’s not Condalezza Rice, Tulsi Gabbard, or Elizabeth Warren…all women, on both sides, that can speak intelligently to get their points across even if you don’t believe as they do.

She is being hidden because she is the lefts version of Sarah Palin.

She is a walking word salad that is a “I only have 2000 words and need 10,000 for this essay” speech

She will have this believed about her based on actual video evidence until she proves otherwise.

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 6:20 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Most voters don't know Harris. They need to get her in front of voters and let her explain her policies. 

This is still a toss up race, so every little bit helps. She could easily lose this race due to dumb stuff like this. 

I don’t like either candidate. If she stays hidden I’m 100% voting the other way. If she is shown but comes off as the way she sometimes does…likely going R….if she comes out, faces media and seems sharp and well versed and real, she gets my vote.

I know what Trump is….but she’s being kept from me learning who she is.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 7:19 PM
posted by geeblock

Explain Kamala's Lester Holt interview. Go watch the whole interview and then come back and repeat your opinions LOL!

As for Trump, I've already said that I think he's a terrible speaker. Nobody here is comparing his speaking skills against hers, so bringing him into the convo as some sort of excuse is dumb.

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 7:24 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

In Biden's defense, Covid was new and so much wasn't known or found out during that campaign. It made sense for him.

'most voters don't know Harris's - Don Lemon said the same exact thing on MSNBC ( Jen Psaki)!

I think strongly thinks she will win, but my confidence in that prediction wavers at times.

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 7:25 PM
posted by jmog

She’s not Condalezza Rice, Tulsi Gabbard, or Elizabeth Warren…all women, on both sides, that can speak intelligently to get their points across even if you don’t believe as they do.

And all women of color! ;)

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 8:03 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t like either candidate. If she stays hidden I’m 100% voting the other way. If she is shown but comes off as the way she sometimes does…likely going R….if she comes out, faces media and seems sharp and well versed and real, she gets my vote.

I know what Trump is….but she’s being kept from me learning who she is.

Fair points

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 8:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fair points

How many voters are I the US? -175 million? Will we get to 50% voting? 40% turnout? Will there be 80 million voters? I feel at least 10% are like me. Not greatly into politics and shit full of the ridiculous candidates they give us to choose from. The far right 10% and far left 10% are crazy. I’m leaning Trump for the reason that it seems shady as hell and I don’t know the other. I feel there has to be 10,000,000+ voters in my boat.

Maybe my numbers are wildly off, but my type of voter needs addressed

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 8:15 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Just for the record: 

Biden conspired with 52 former and current intelligence agency personnel and had them swear by and sign a statement that said that the Biden laptop story was Russian propaganda. 

The New York Post and other people who tried to report on the story were not only called conspiracy theorists but also were censored and banned.

And that is a winning strategy for political operatives because it's got people like you outright being dismissive of truths. Honestly, it would be very easy to mock the name-callers, like you. But sometimes it's funnier to just let you go on.

It doesn’t make me dismissive of truths.  But I think the more people required to pull whatever it is off, the more likely it is to fail.  More than 5-10 people and it almost approaches a zero percent chance.  

I’ve learned from my own experience that crazy or unusual things that happen often become attributable to a grand conspiracy because it then becomes the neatest path to explain something that was much more likely to be: something not as bad or extreme as it initially is portrayed, something that is a complex confluence of unrelated events, or just a coincidence.  What seems certain and nefarious today often isn’t when time passes.

I’m reading an excellent book on Watergate.  A “conspiracy” to commit a crime and another one to cover it up.  In both cases, the exception to the rule were the actors who were able to maintain any semblance of covertness for even a day.  The entire thing has proven to be an excellent blueprint of what goes wrong when human beings conspire to do anything of the ill nature.  Smart men and women, highly motivated to see their mission through, huge incentives not to be found out - failure on these fronts. 

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 8:39 PM

Speaking of Watergate 

Not long ago I watched a doc about J. Edgar Hoover. One of the biggest things that struck me was the violence or misfortune that befell those who infringed upon his manipulations. The Kennedys, Nixon, Reagan. I'm going to be reading a few biographies about him soon because his name is now rising up on my list as others have been scratched off. It will be interesting to compare a couple of biographies against that documentary and see what the results will be.

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 8:53 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Speaking of Watergate 

Not long ago I watched a doc about J. Edgar Hoover. One of the biggest things that struck me was the violence or misfortune that befell those who infringed upon his manipulations. The Kennedys, Nixon, Reagan. I'm going to be reading a few biographies about him soon because his name is now rising up on my list as others have been scratched off. It will be interesting to compare a couple of biographies against that documentary and see what the results will be.

A very interesting character who gathered a lot of political power during the 50s and 60s

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 9:37 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Speaking of Watergate 

It's on my list, but I heard G-Man by Beverly Gage is supposed to be really good. 

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 9:41 PM

Anyone following this Trump Arlington Story? Seems like a mess. He was told he couldn't take any photos in Section 60, did anyways, and then used them for the campaign. 

It's fine he was there, actually a good thing, but seems like he crossed the line in using the photos for the campaign. 

Section 60 isn't a place to make political points. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 10:31 PM

Trump was a shoe in when his ear got nicked by a bullet.  Dudes toast making political points on section 60.

Thu, Aug 29, 2024 12:38 AM

Would, for example, a sexton be able to take pictures of a president in Section 60?

Thu, Aug 29, 2024 12:57 AM

Maybe anybody but Trump can take pictures there?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login