2024 Presidential Election Thread

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 11:22 AM
posted by Trueblue23

I would like to remind everyone that Michigan is the reigning and defending National Champion.  15-0, 3 in a row over the scumbags in Columbus.

Night night... keep your butthole tight!

Unfortunately factual information.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 11:24 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I think you're missing my point.  Your assigning a methodology for evaluating that does not apply to how a huge chunk of the population looks at it.  

That doesn’t make them right. A large moral question that is important for everyone can’t logically be assigned to only half of the population.

It’s like if someone said back in the 1850s “if you don’t own a slave you can’t have an opinion on if it should be legal or not”.

It’s logically flawed, even if some people are ignorant enough to use that declaration. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 11:35 AM
posted by jmog

That doesn’t make them right. A large moral question that is important for everyone can’t logically be assigned to only half of the population.

It’s like if someone said back in the 1850s “if you don’t own a slave you can’t have an opinion on if it should be legal or not”.

It’s logically flawed, even if some people are ignorant enough to use that declaration. 

Some people look at this differently that your question of logic.  They see it as a question of dealing with something growing inside their own body.  Whatever I say or whatever you say does not change how they view it.  Your logic trail, however sensible to you, is not relevant in the way they look at it.  That's all I'm saying.  

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 11:40 AM

Back to Tesla….  

The one foot driving of a Tesla can not be turned off but you can adjust the sensitivity and how fast it slows down. Now what really dumb is the Cadillac Lyriq my wife looked at added the option to do one foot driving. I can’t see that being valuable to anyone unless they are coming from a Tesla

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 12:31 PM
posted by Trueblue23

I would like to remind everyone that Michigan is the reigning and defending National Champion.  15-0, 3 in a row over the scumbags in Columbus.

After the rule breaking is all sorted out, UM's NC will go down as an "meh" team - pretty good, but not dominant and forgetable.  But if my team had been woodshedded for 20 years by it's rival, I'd probably post stuff like this as well.  

a man wearing a hat with the letter m on it talks into a microphone

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 12:59 PM

Some people look at this differently that your question of logic.  They see it as a question of dealing with something growing inside their own body.  Whatever I say or whatever you say does not change how they view it.  Your logic trail, however sensible to you, is not relevant in the way they look at it.  That's all I'm saying.  

Having a thought out belief on why one should be allowed to do something with an actual argument is valid even if said person has 100% the opposite view as I, or you do.

What is asinine is saying 50% of the population has no right to an opinion. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 1:58 PM
posted by Trueblue23

Eat a bag lol

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 2:02 PM

If a man wanted to get a vasectomy, what are the odds that he will talk it over with his wife/gf first? 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 2:22 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If a man wanted to get a vasectomy, what are the odds that he will talk it over with his wife/gf first? 

Depends  I guess.  Most would but not all.

When I had my consultation for a vasectomy my wife had to sign off on  me even getting one “because we were young”.

She changed her mind and got fixed herself (long story) and her OBGYN didn’t make her have me sign off on anything.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 3:19 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well I just listened to Kennedy Jr's speech. And wow! He excoriated not only the DNC and the Dems, but also the media. 

I remember watching him being interviewed by somebody from The Hill where the interviewer tried to warn him about the Dems and media but he basically dismissed her warnings by saying he believes in the Democrats. Well, it's safe to say that his eyes have been opened. Too late for him at this point, but better late than never I guess.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/clay-travis-when-dems-lose-kennedy-theyve-lost-plot

Remember, it was only 60 days ago that CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other left-wing media allies attacked anyone who dared to suggest Biden was anything other than sharp as a tack behind closed doors.

Kennedy lambasted this in his address Friday afternoon endorsing Trump for president, and articulating the primary challenge of our times quite clearly.

"When a U.S. president colludes with, or outright coerces, media companies to censor political speech, it's an attack on our most sacred right of free expression," he said. "And that's the very right upon which all of our constitutional rights rest."

RFK Jr. asserted that in the 16 months of his campaign, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, and CNN combined gave him only two live interviews.

"The mainstream media was once the guardian of the First Amendment and democrat principles, but has since joined the systemic attack on democracy," he said.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 3:54 PM

Tulsi Gabbard endorses President Trump.

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 4:32 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Tulsi Gabbard endorses President Trump.

Yep

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 4:38 PM
posted by jmog

Having a thought out belief on why one should be allowed to do something with an actual argument is valid even if said person has 100% the opposite view as I, or you do.

What is asinine is saying 50% of the population has no right to an opinion. 

Agreed

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 6:21 PM

After the rule breaking is all sorted out, UM's NC will go down as an "meh" team - pretty good, but not dominant and forgetable.  But if my team had been woodshedded for 20 years by it's rival, I'd probably post stuff like this as well.  

a man wearing a hat with the letter m on it talks into a microphone

Best Big Ten team in 35 years.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 6:41 PM
posted by Trueblue23

That's funny right there. Thanks for the laugh.

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 7:12 PM

It's really kinda surprising to me just how well MAGA has accepted Kennedy Jr. and Tulsi. I don't know if it's because they are now outsiders or if it's because they recognize that these two will bring some sort of bump for Trump. Maybe both are true?

So, let's see. 

Jill Stein, RFKjr,  Cornel West, Tulsi - all have left the Dems and have spoken out against them at some point and are still speaking out against them. It makes me wonder just how bad things are that the public doesn't know about and I wonder if the Dems will have a moment of clarity about it.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 8:00 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

That's funny right there. Thanks for the laugh.

You know it's true.  

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 8:14 PM
posted by Trueblue23

You know it's true.  

You sit upon a throne of lies 

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 8:28 PM
posted by Trueblue23

I think you met best in the last 3.5 years.  And even that is debatable.  

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 8:33 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's really kinda surprising to me just how well MAGA has accepted Kennedy Jr. and Tulsi. I don't know if it's because they are now outsiders or if it's because they recognize that these two will bring some sort of bump for Trump. Maybe both are true?

So, let's see. 

Jill Stein, RFKjr,  Cornel West, Tulsi - all have left the Dems and have spoken out against them at some point and are still speaking out against them. It makes me wonder just how bad things are that the public doesn't know about and I wonder if the Dems will have a moment of clarity about it.

This stuff happens in the lead up to every election - on both sides. Look at all the former Trump staffers who’ve bailed on him.  

It’d be awful cynical for me to suggest the high profile aisle floppers may be looking future posts, wouldn’t it?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login