2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 12:21 PM
posted by geeblock

Then it turned out he’s just an idiot snake oil salesman who will say almost anything depending on what crowd he is talking to and 95 percent of things he says are literally easily provable to be false . 

Welcome to politicians! lol

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 12:24 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

It is kind of a break. When.  Passing or breaking a regeneration clutch engages and a minor amount of recharging occurs

Yea I have a golf cart, I get the regen braking, just don’t want it in my car. 

Sat, Aug 24, 2024 12:24 PM

Listening to Kamala's speech right now.

At 14 minutes she talks about fighting divisiveness. At 18 minutes she starts insulting Trump LOL

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 2:40 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Listening to Kamala's speech right now.

At 14 minutes she talks about fighting divisiveness. At 18 minutes she starts insulting Trump LOL

I still think she wins, but her whole “let’s change America” thing runs hollow when you were in charge for the past 3 years. And her policies (that we know of bc she’s an idiot) are the same.

What do y’all think will happen if the corp tax rate goes from 21% to 28%? Or if their insane ideology of taxes on unrealized gains pushes down to normal Americans? It’s one of the dumbest policies anyone that knows economics has ever heard. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 4:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’ve seen a couple of cyber trucks around, they just look so odd. But I’m sure the pickup off the line is nice. I’ve only driven a Tesla once (it was a rental) but the thing I hated the most was how fast it decelerated when you got off the gas, almost like a brake. I wonder if there is a way to change it if you actually own it. 

That would take some adjusting for sure.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 9:48 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m personally not saying anything. I’m giving the reasons why there are different views on abortion Jesus Christ. I said I hope no one gets an abortion and wouldn’t do it. My contention is that my beliefs should not be placed upon others. Especially since I can’t have a baby. 

The “no uterus no opinion” trope is about as idiotic as could be. It falls apart as soon as any logic or reason is applied.  

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Aug 24, 2024 9:53 PM
posted by iclfan2

Yea I have a golf cart, I get the regen braking, just don’t want it in my car. 

Golf carts have regen breaking? I have a golf cart and didn’t know this at alll.

Mine is gas powered though…so there’s that 

Sat, Aug 24, 2024 10:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

I still think she wins, but her whole “let’s change America” thing runs hollow when you were in charge for the past 3 years. And her policies (that we know of bc she’s an idiot) are the same.

What do y’all think will happen if the corp tax rate goes from 21% to 28%? Or if their insane ideology of taxes on unrealized gains pushes down to normal Americans? It’s one of the dumbest policies anyone that knows economics has ever heard. 

Agreed 

Sat, Aug 24, 2024 10:42 PM

CNN had a section of panelists that were talking about the wars the US are in and one of the panelists (Adam Kinzinger) said, and I'm paraphrasing, that these national defense and wars were traditional values and that if Trump had been more of a Republican he would care about them and he goes on to say that Kamala has stepped in to take those values.

Yep, the left/right paradigms are shifted.

Sat, Aug 24, 2024 10:43 PM
posted by jmog

The “no uterus no opinion” trope is about as idiotic as could be. It falls apart as soon as any logic or reason is applied.  

I've always said that saying things like that was just hitting the easy button.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Aug 25, 2024 8:16 AM
posted by jmog

It actually doesn’t “fall apart”.  It is a relevant reason why there are so many people in favor of abortion.  You can disagree with it all you want.  It’s a reality of the issue whether it gels with your logic or not.  

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 25, 2024 2:29 PM

Pardon his grammar but this guy is just a good guy who has had some serious health issues. He bothers no one. This does seem odd though. This is the first time I’ve ever seen him post anything kinda political.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Aug 25, 2024 5:08 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

It actually doesn’t “fall apart”.  It is a relevant reason why there are so many people in favor of abortion.  You can disagree with it all you want.  It’s a reality of the issue whether it gels with your logic or not.  

Sorry, but “no uterus no opinion” is idiotic. It’s as stupid as saying “those that don’t own guns aren’t allowed to have an opinion on gun control laws”

Are women not allowed to have an opinion on war? Because only men are allowed to be drafted.

It falls apart as soon as any logic is applied to it. People who use it are uninformed at best.

Sun, Aug 25, 2024 6:02 PM
posted by jmog

Sorry, but “no uterus no opinion” is idiotic. It’s as stupid as saying “those that don’t own guns aren’t allowed to have an opinion on gun control laws”

Are women not allowed to have an opinion on war? Because only men are allowed to be drafted.

It falls apart as soon as any logic is applied to it. People who use it are uninformed at best.

That’s great - all your points. But there irrelevant  

The point is, it’s got nothing to do with your logic, nothing.  If someone thinks because they are female, a male (or a government) shouldn’t tell them what to do with their body, there is not one thing compelling about what you’re saying.  If abortion is ever outlawed, it will never be as the result of a national discussion of your logical contention.  It is a highly charged, extremely emotionally-driven issue.  What you consider “idiotic” is the primary reason your opinion is not the law of the land.  

Sun, Aug 25, 2024 7:22 PM

Women don't have spontaneous pregnancies. Unless, or until, that starts happening - the topic should be open for discussion and/or argument. Socially and legally. 

Sun, Aug 25, 2024 7:25 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Women don't have spontaneous pregnancies. Unless, or until, that starts happening - the topic should be open for discussion and/or argument. Socially and legally. 

I don’t disagree.  Lots of people don’t see it that way.  An appeal to Spock’s logic continuum will not sway them either.

Sun, Aug 25, 2024 8:05 PM

Finished watching Bill Clinton's speech. Boring AF. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 8:53 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That’s great - all your points. But there irrelevant  

The point is, it’s got nothing to do with your logic, nothing.  If someone thinks because they are female, a male (or a government) shouldn’t tell them what to do with their body, there is not one thing compelling about what you’re saying.  If abortion is ever outlawed, it will never be as the result of a national discussion of your logical contention.  It is a highly charged, extremely emotionally-driven issue.  What you consider “idiotic” is the primary reason your opinion is not the law of the land.  

Logic isn't subjective, there is no "your" logic or "my" logic. 
Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 10:53 AM

I would like to remind everyone that Michigan is the reigning and defending National Champion.  15-0, 3 in a row over the scumbags in Columbus.

Night night... keep your butthole tight!

Mon, Aug 26, 2024 11:14 AM
posted by jmog
Logic isn't subjective, there is no "your" logic or "my" logic. 

I think you're missing my point.  Your assigning a methodology for evaluating that does not apply to how a huge chunk of the population looks at it.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login