2024 Presidential Election Thread

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 8:20 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You would be 100% correct if the media wasn't already in attack mode before anybody even takes the stage. I don't think it bothers Trump one bit to match energy for energy, or attitude for attitude. 

I will say it again: Trump has no problem with confrontation or hostility.

Kamala does. She won't even stand/sit by herself for an interview from friendly medias. Kind of throws that boss bitch/brat summer schtick right out of the window.

They are not the same.

It’s the same to me.  

They are both performers.  Nothing constructive comes from either.  She has nothing to offer.  He is only acting in the way he thinks people want him to.  

I couldn’t care less if she gets interviewed, as though that’s some hallowed milestone en route to office.  As we’ve already seen, someone that likes to argue with reporters over inconsequential bluff doesn’t equate to an effective leader.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 8:48 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I couldn’t care less if she gets interviewed, as though that’s some hallowed milestone en route to office. 

Might help expose her intelligence level, or lack thereof.
BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 8:50 PM
posted by iclfan2

Looks like she’s coming out of the basement to do a hard hitting pre-recorded interview with CNN, and needs to have Walz with her. 

Could be a new sitcom, "The Idiot and the Commie."

Tue, Aug 27, 2024 9:16 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Could be a new sitcom, "The Idiot and the Commie."

You’re out of MAGA central casting.  Parroting the thought points just like instructed.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 9:21 PM

It’s the same to me.  

They are both performers.  Nothing constructive comes from either.  She has nothing to offer.  He is only acting in the way he thinks people want him to.  

I couldn’t care less if she gets interviewed, as though that’s some hallowed milestone en route to office.  As we’ve already seen, someone that likes to argue with reporters over inconsequential bluff doesn’t equate to an effective leader.

The point is, if she can't find the wherewithal to be independent and brave enough to do an interview by herself, she is never going to be able to keep her knees braced enough to have a tough and/or contentious conversation with somebody like Putin. Now, you can both sides and equivocate all you want because it's obvious that that's all you can do. But if we are to have a woman president then I want to see some sort of evidence that she can withstand the parts of a presidency that isn't smiling for the camera, that she can be our commander in chief in the situation room. Hillary Clinton had that. Kamala needs to prove she has it, too.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 10:55 PM

Agreed. She must withstand the parts of a presidency!

Tue, Aug 27, 2024 10:58 PM
posted by Automatik

Agreed. She must withstand the parts of a presidency!

Parts is parts! 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 6:42 AM

reading conspiracy theory talking points is exhausting. 

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 6:54 AM
posted by kizer permanente

reading conspiracy theroy talking points is exhausting. 

Quaker says they’re all coming true.

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 10:36 AM
posted by kizer permanente

reading conspiracy theory talking points is exhausting. 

Which topic would you like to have talked about that wouldn't be considered a talking point?

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 10:37 AM

Quaker says they’re all coming true.

He doesn't even post that much, why drag him into anything? 

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 11:36 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

He doesn't even post that much, why drag him into anything? 

He's been in on this thread recently talking about conspiracy theories coming true.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 12:04 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

The point is, if she can't find the wherewithal to be independent and brave enough to do an interview by herself, she is never going to be able to keep her knees braced enough to have a tough and/or contentious conversation with somebody like Putin. 

Careful with your words this could be construed as a sexist comment about the democrat candidate.  

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 12:40 PM

He's been in on this thread recently talking about conspiracy theories coming true.

Well, can you definitely say that a bunch of conspiracies haven't been found to be real?

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 12:42 PM
posted by majorspark

Careful with your words this could be construed as a sexist comment about the democrat candidate.  

haha! Maybe they can accuse me, since I'm a woman, of internalized misogyny? That would be funny!

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 1:00 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, can you definitely say that a bunch of conspiracies haven't been found to be real?

Yes.  I generally do not believe in conspiracies.  Human beings are regularly proven to be incapable of handling the secretive nature conspiracies require.  I think conspiracies are used to look backwards and explain things as being connected or causal that aren't.  Sometimes it just rains on an outdoor birthday party and it sucks.

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 1:24 PM

Yes.  I generally do not believe in conspiracies.  Human beings are regularly proven to be incapable of handling the secretive nature conspiracies require.  I think conspiracies are used to look backwards and explain things as being connected or causal that aren't.  Sometimes it just rains on an outdoor birthday party and it sucks.

Source?

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 1:25 PM

Break time with something funny:

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 1:58 PM

Just for the record: 

Biden conspired with 52 former and current intelligence agency personnel and had them swear by and sign a statement that said that the Biden laptop story was Russian propaganda. 

The New York Post and other people who tried to report on the story were not only called conspiracy theorists but also were censored and banned.

And that is a winning strategy for political operatives because it's got people like you outright being dismissive of truths. Honestly, it would be very easy to mock the name-callers, like you. But sometimes it's funnier to just let you go on.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 4:30 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/media/vp-harris-mocked-being-too-scared-do-interview-without-walz-she-simply-cannot-left-unattended

Pathetic.

And now hearing the CNN scripted interview is going to pre-taped.  You've got to be kidding. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login