2024 Presidential Election Thread

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 1:52 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

This is what I want to happen. The average Dem voter isn't going to look at anything *Democrat* with a jaundiced eye until they "feel" what they vote for. I'm not being sarcastic when I say that I want Kamala to win. I have a whole list of reasons why I want her to win - and I'm not being coy to say that none of those reasons come from the goodness of my heart lol!

I was impressed with the statement if for no other reason to learn that you actually had a heart😂 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 9:19 AM

Calling out Trump for being old is the funniest shit I’ve seen yet. The current president is a vegetable, and everyone denied it until they couldn’t anymore. Absurd. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 10:45 AM
posted by iclfan2

Calling out Trump for being old is the funniest shit I’ve seen yet. The current president is a vegetable, and everyone denied it until they couldn’t anymore. Absurd. 

Yeah. It's like I keep saying, every accusation is a confession. The Dems never had a problem with oldness until Biden got fully exposed. They were all in lockstep in their denials. Not just the politicians and media, but the average person. We saw it happen on this site, for example. 

I would like to see an age cap. We have an age limit to be eligible, so why not a cap?

Sat, Oct 19, 2024 10:45 AM
posted by Devils Advocate

I was impressed with the statement if for no other reason to learn that you actually had a heart😂 

Shhh! Shhhh!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 11:23 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Yeah. It's like I keep saying, every accusation is a confession. The Dems never had a problem with oldness until Biden got fully exposed. They were all in lockstep in their denials. Not just the politicians and media, but the average person. We saw it happen on this site, for example. 

I would like to see an age cap. We have an age limit to be eligible, so why not a cap?

Okay.  But the Trumpers were all over the age issue when it was Biden.  Now that Trump is the only elderly candidate left, they are outraged about it.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 11:41 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Okay.  But the Trumpers were all over the age issue when it was Biden.  Now that Trump is the only elderly candidate left, they are outraged about it.  

Biden clearly had mentally declined, and it was obvious to everyone who didn't get their news from CNN.

The Dems are trying to make that same play with Trump.  Honestly, to me he's the same as he's always been.  Of course they're going to make that play, because despite the extreme media friendliness, acting lessons and Hollywood productions they STILL are struggling to make Kamala likeable and electable.

The best thing Trump has done is expose, perhaps unintentionally, how corrupt the media is.  Which, by the way, is why they have always attacked the Murdoch empire so much because he's been the only thing standing in the way of a 100% Democrat controlled media.  And it's also why they have tried to censor and control social media.  They don't believe in free speech, never have, and it's critical that they control media because they can't sell their ideas on merit and rationality - it's the party of identity politics and feelings, and if you don't agree they want to silence you.

Among many of Trump's shortcomings, the biggest is missing the softballs that they should be hammering (the cartoonish nature of his ads is another story).  While the Dems claim democracy is on the ballot, Repubs should be screaming free speech is on the ballot.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 11:47 AM
posted by Laley23

I won’t vote for someone who is divisive on purpose. I won’t vote for someone I think is a horrible human for President.

Then why are you voting for Kamala?

Yeah, Trump tried to overturn an election, and IMO that SHOULD be disqualifying.  But Kamala was a key player in the Russian Collusion thing.  Certainly extremely divisive, and not wrong to view that as a soft coup.  Then they ran a scheme to kick Biden to the curb and put Kamala on the ticket in rather un-democratic fashion.  Trump isn't the only one that's a threat to Democracy, but IMO the Dems are worse and there's your proof.

The Dems are also the party that has tended to rely on the courts to circumvent checks and balances to push their agenda.  That's another great thing Trump has done, because it's the liberals on the court that have tended to replace the context and text of law with feelings to legislate from the bench.  9 unelected judges SHOULD NEVER be making laws that Congress was unable to pass.

Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Barret have been excellent.  They have NOT voted in lockstep with the two conservative justices or with MAGA.  They rule with reason and logic and not identity politics or feelings, which is how the liberal justices always vote.

Sat, Oct 19, 2024 12:25 PM

Just a wild guess on my part, but, I think Trump supporters point out that there is still a world of difference between Trump right now and Biden right now. Both, I think, have age related issues, but they aren't close in the levels.

Sat, Oct 19, 2024 12:30 PM
posted by gut

Biden clearly had mentally declined, and it was obvious to everyone who didn't get their news from CNN.

Morning Joe/MSNBC: "This Biden is the best version of Biden and F you if you can't handle the truth!"

Go right to the 2min. mark

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 12:59 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Just a wild guess on my part, but, I think Trump supporters point out that there is still a world of difference between Trump right now and Biden right now. Both, I think, have age related issues, but they aren't close in the levels.

But neither should be remotely near a position of actual responsibility. And with Trump, there's no way he'd do the "hide away and let others do the actual running of things" thing that Biden seems to have done for the last however long. Which means that we'd have a declining old man (who will just be getting worse and worse, as that's how those things go) making all the calls. Or the Rs would eventually 25th Amendment him in favor of Vance, which would at least lead to the comedy of Online MAGA totally exploding since in their world, there is Trump and there is everyone else. Vance would immediately start getting called a Judas and traitor and Trump would be constantly sniping because there's next to no way he'd ever step down gracefully and admit he's lost his fastball.

Sat, Oct 19, 2024 1:53 PM

I've been seeing various YouTubers showing all these different polls. In these polls, they are showing the data which says that the number of Democrats polled versus Republicans polled is usually +7 or so, some with D+5, with one I saw that said D+12.

So my question is what is the point of doing that? 

Is it because Republicans are less willing to be polled?

Sat, Oct 19, 2024 1:56 PM
posted by Heretic

But neither should be remotely near a position of actual responsibility. And with Trump, there's no way he'd do the "hide away and let others do the actual running of things" thing that Biden seems to have done for the last however long. Which means that we'd have a declining old man (who will just be getting worse and worse, as that's how those things go) making all the calls. Or the Rs would eventually 25th Amendment him in favor of Vance, which would at least lead to the comedy of Online MAGA totally exploding since in their world, there is Trump and there is everyone else. Vance would immediately start getting called a Judas and traitor and Trump would be constantly sniping because there's next to no way he'd ever step down gracefully and admit he's lost his fastball.

I immediately saw a difference in Trump right after he got shot. I don't know if it's the proverbial 'fear of God'  thing or what. But he doesn't have the cut to his edge anymore. Or fire, or whatever it was that he had. But something is definitely gone since that day.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 9:34 PM

Good lord you can’t be serious…right?

Calling out the left being absolute hypocrites about it is not the same as “being outraged”

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 19, 2024 9:41 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Seems like the most obvious thing in the world 

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 20, 2024 7:28 AM

Can you understand the difference?

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 20, 2024 7:29 AM

At this point, I assume there are 3 kinds of people voting for Kamala:

-Blue no matter who

-STOP TRUMP

-Complete fucking morons.  The term "useful idiots" comes to mind.

Sun, Oct 20, 2024 7:56 AM
posted by Trueblue23

At this point, I assume there are 3 kinds of people voting for Kamala:

-Blue no matter who

-STOP TRUMP

-Complete fucking morons.  The term "useful idiots" comes to mind.

I think your first two are correct.  Many in the third category will be voting for Trump.  Trump has more of those followers than any candidate in my lifetime.

Sun, Oct 20, 2024 9:53 AM

So the city of Hamtramck, Michigan has given Trump a certificate of appreciation lol. 

This is the city that the media fawned over when the city elected an all Muslim govt (mayor, council). Then when the city banned the pride parade and flags, the Dems didn't live them anymore.

I had thought that Jill Stein had the Muslim vote all scooped up, but apparently not. 

I guess the Muslims are useful idiots, eh, Boogie? 😂 

Sun, Oct 20, 2024 11:33 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So the city of Hamtramck, Michigan has given Trump a certificate of appreciation lol. 

This is the city that the media fawned over when the city elected an all Muslim govt (mayor, council). Then when the city banned the pride parade and flags, the Dems didn't live them anymore.

I had thought that Jill Stein had the Muslim vote all scooped up, but apparently not. 

I guess the Muslims are useful idiots, eh, Boogie? 😂 

Collectively, a lot of groups can be.  I don’t disagree with Trueblood’s statement that there are morons voting for Kamala.  I just happen to believe Trump attracts more morons than any living US politician.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 20, 2024 11:56 AM

I just happen to believe Trump attracts more morons than any living US politician.

It's impossible to quantify that statement.  There are A LOT of morons on the left.

Like 2/3 the country are "blue no matter who" or "red until I'm dead".  How informed they are probably varies, but advertising is aimed at turning those voters out.

Many of the rest who claim to be independent are making their minds up on little else than friends or family and a few ad spots.  You don't get candidates like Trump and Biden/Kamala unless most of the electorate are uninformed morons.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login