Browns season 2021

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 29, 2021 11:28 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Saw a tweet that he has full range of motion in the left shoulder and the fracture is starting to heal. A little skeptical this is all happening over a two week period but I'm not a doctor.

I can’t speak to the shoulder. But a fracture would be starting to heal around now…it just takes a long time to complete lol. So starting wouldn’t mean much.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 2:03 PM

We look like shit today 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 3:28 PM
posted by kizer permanente

We look like shit today 

We have looked like shit all season. This team is a hover around .500 all season type of team. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 3:50 PM

Cleveland’s receivers are such pussies 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 4:01 PM

Beckham non existent and Landry blows it. Fucking losers. Bad play calling and Woods should be fired as D coordinator immediately. Just another shitty year in Cleveland. Baker was not the problem. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 4:17 PM

Horrible. 

Sun, Oct 31, 2021 5:02 PM

WRs have been trash all year. So many drops today. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 8:30 PM

O-Line and the WR's killed this team today. O-Line for not imposing their will and establishing a running game and I need not say a word about the WR's, but I will. I'd take a bag of worn out golf balls from the bottom of a lake for OBJ in a trade right now. When you don't catch ANYTHING thrown at you, you're not even a valuable decoy. Don't know WTF was up with Jarvis today. Total trash effort.

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 9:35 PM

Next week a S O B will be affirmed

Same ol Browns  or Same ol Bengals

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 9:43 PM

jezuz....sorry, all....Tomlin is so awful I thought Stefanski had to be a better coach.

He probably still is, but both kind of suck.....

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 31, 2021 9:46 PM
posted by Laley23

WRs have been trash all year. So many drops today. 

Cleveland is finding tougher sledding being a marked team this year.

PIT is not as bad as advertised, and getting better every week.  But their OL, OC and offense is limited so not much upside.

CIN, CLE and PIT are more or less pretenders.  Not sure I think that more highly of BAL.  In the AFC, I have no idea.  Probably BUF, and then most like LAC or KC/BAL wake up.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 1, 2021 8:54 AM
posted by gut

jezuz....sorry, all....Tomlin is so awful I thought Stefanski had to be a better coach.

He probably still is, but both kind of suck.....

There's a ton of people questioning Stefanski's play calling and decision making after this one. I know the kicker was injured but the 4th & 1 where they punted was a head scratcher considering the Browns go for it more than any team in the league on 4th down. Also only running the ball 10x's in the 1st half was a bit puzzling.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 1, 2021 10:09 AM

And to show how "serious" this team is, they showed up to the post game press conferences in their Halloween costumes that they wore to the game.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 1, 2021 11:39 AM
posted by BR1986FB

There's a ton of people questioning Stefanski's play calling and decision making after this one. I know the kicker was injured but the 4th & 1 where they punted was a head scratcher considering the Browns go for it more than any team in the league on 4th down. Also only running the ball 10x's in the 1st half was a bit puzzling.

I'd agree you guys not really even trying to establish the run was weird. Got a QB who's not near 100% (and who hasn't exactly been "feeling dangerous" this year) against a defense that's known for getting after the passer and you have some stud backs...seems like a no-brainer to run the ball to get the defense off-balance. I'm not gonna complain about the result, but it seems you guys definitely didn't play to your strengths.

Mon, Nov 1, 2021 11:58 AM
posted by Heretic

I'd agree you guys not really even trying to establish the run was weird. Got a QB who's not near 100% (and who hasn't exactly been "feeling dangerous" this year) against a defense that's known for getting after the passer and you have some stud backs...seems like a no-brainer to run the ball to get the defense off-balance. I'm not gonna complain about the result, but it seems you guys definitely didn't play to your strengths.

I think its hard to judge when WRs aren't catching the ball though. Are we talking about this differently if: A) we run into 8 men boxes and don't move the ball or B) we catch some of the throws and score some points? I don't like all the play-calling necessarily, but think it's a bit unfair to say it wasn't working or correct when we have 5 drops (that I can distinctly recall) and a handful of other catchable throws that Baker didn't get any help. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 1, 2021 12:12 PM
posted by Laley23

I think its hard to judge when WRs aren't catching the ball though. Are we talking about this differently if: A) we run into 8 men boxes and don't move the ball or B) we catch some of the throws and score some points? I don't like all the play-calling necessarily, but think it's a bit unfair to say it wasn't working or correct when we have 5 drops (that I can distinctly recall) and a handful of other catchable throws that Baker didn't get any help. 

They had 7 drops...smdh

Some of Baker's passes weren't exactly on the money but Hooper needs to catch that pass early in the game, Jarvis had a few key drops (and fumble) and OBJ alligator armed/made a "business decision" on that pass down by the goal line.

I think the Brown have the better overall talent but I think Pittsburgh is a grittier team, with more heart, that finds a way to win. Don't think either of these teams are playoff teams.

Mon, Nov 1, 2021 12:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

They had 7 drops...smdh

Some of Baker's passes weren't exactly on the money but Hooper needs to catch that pass early in the game, Jarvis had a few key drops (and fumble) and OBJ alligator armed/made a "business decision" on that pass down by the goal line.

I think the Brown have the better overall talent but I think Pittsburgh is a grittier team, with more heart, that finds a way to win. Don't think either of these teams are playoff teams.

Pittsburgh has the combo of DL and LB, which can win games a lone. Cleveland has DL and (when healthy) a good secondary. But the LB -- especially without JOK -- is awful and creates issues between our two strengths which teams then just pick apart. Why do we win on 1st and 2nd down so much (towards top of league)? Because DL and Secondary is stout. Why do we suck on 3rd down? Because LB are trash and thats the level of the field that 3rd down usually exposes since it can often be run or pass and quick hitters where the LB need to read the play quickly and get in position. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 1, 2021 1:18 PM

Yeah, no JOK is killing this team's speed. Kind of funny that their goal was to become faster with all of these offseason defensive acquisitions and I saw an article where they ranked second slowest in team speed this year.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 1, 2021 4:59 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And to show how "serious" this team is, they showed up to the post game press conferences in their Halloween costumes that they wore to the game.

Yikes

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 1, 2021 8:14 PM

My apologies to OBJ...

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login