LOCKED: Browns BS Drama Continued...

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Jun 25, 2018 9:24 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don’t Really think anyone is arguing that with you? 

No one has claimed TT is anything other than a decent, game-managing QB. 

I was back tracking on my earlier comment replying to Verbal Kint's comment about the weapons making TT look "really good." I haven't watched tape on TT but my understanding of him is that he did miss a lot of wide open receivers last year and there's a belief he's not confident in letting it rip and throwing the deep ball. Perhaps part of the reason he limits turnovers? Doesn't take chances.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 25, 2018 10:01 AM

Look at it this way. Taylor (no turnovers) on last year’s team results in how many wins? 4? 5? More or less? I don’t know, but Kizers turnovers cost them a TON in close games, even some that ended up multiple score losses were winnable at the time. 

This year’s team should be even better, but the schedule, on paper, is tougher. So, maybe the same number of wins they could’ve (should’ve) had last year?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jun 25, 2018 10:05 AM
posted by Laley23

Look at it this way. Taylor (no turnovers) on last year’s team results in how many wins? 4? 5? More or less? I don’t know, but Kizers turnovers cost them a TON in close games, even some that ended up multiple score losses were winnable at the time. 

This year’s team should be even better, but the schedule, on paper, is tougher. So, maybe the same number of wins they could’ve (should’ve) had last year?

The last part makes sense but we have to account for the Hue Factor. I'm sure he'll take some winnable games and piss them away.

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Mon, Jun 25, 2018 11:26 AM

Hue should be good for snapping defeat from the jaws of victory in least 2 games next season.

Mon, Jun 25, 2018 11:41 PM

https://twitter.com/OrangeisOranger/status/1011246495595728901

SCOOP: The Orange is Oranger has learned that the Browns will submit an offer on Western Michigan’s CB Sam Beal in the NFL Supplemental Draft. Not sure the round but it will be a high pick.

“Draft Stock

Beal ended up with an 86 grade on my grading scale, which is a borderline first-round prospect. Had he stayed and entered the 2019 NFL draft, his grade would have been tied for the second-highest grade of the cornerbacks that I’ve watched so far. Needless to say, he’s a very talented prospect with a lot of potential. NFL teams should definitely consider using a second-round pick outside of the top 40 picks on him, but it all comes down to how confident they are in using that high of a pick on a supplemental prospect. Expect Beal to be drafted very late in Round 2 or very early in Round 3.”

Crimson streak Senior Member
9,170 posts 51 reps Joined Jun 2010
Tue, Jun 26, 2018 9:25 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

https://twitter.com/OrangeisOranger/status/1011246495595728901

SCOOP: The Orange is Oranger has learned that the Browns will submit an offer on Western Michigan’s CB Sam Beal in the NFL Supplemental Draft. Not sure the round but it will be a high pick.

“Draft Stock

Beal ended up with an 86 grade on my grading scale, which is a borderline first-round prospect. Had he stayed and entered the 2019 NFL draft, his grade would have been tied for the second-highest grade of the cornerbacks that I’ve watched so far. Needless to say, he’s a very talented prospect with a lot of potential. NFL teams should definitely consider using a second-round pick outside of the top 40 picks on him, but it all comes down to how confident they are in using that high of a pick on a supplemental prospect. Expect Beal to be drafted very late in Round 2 or very early in Round 3.”

I would love to get Beal to play on the other side of ward. Beal is a stud

slingshot4ever Senior Member
4,535 posts 21 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 26, 2018 10:37 AM

So we would probably put up a 3rd round pick knowing it would be early in the 3rd round?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jul 6, 2018 2:04 PM

I can't believe training camp is only 3 weeks away.  

As for Gordon, I hope Landry is right.  If Gordon is back to this ridiculous form, it would be one of the better redemption stories the NFL has seen in the last decade. If it does happen, I hope the posters who were on the "WE NEED TO TRADE HIM!!!" bandwagon (you know who you are) admit they were wrong. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jul 9, 2018 12:34 PM
posted by like_that

I can't believe training camp is only 3 weeks away.  

As for Gordon, I hope Landry is right.  If Gordon is back to this ridiculous form, it would be one of the better redemption stories the NFL has seen in the last decade. If it does happen, I hope the posters who were on the "WE NEED TO TRADE HIM!!!" bandwagon (you know who you are) admit they were wrong. 

Whether Gordon balls out, or not, the "we need to trade him guys" weren't really wrong. For godsakes, the guy hasn't given production worth a piss in FIVE years. You'll have to pardon those who wanted to move on from his unreliable ass.

I know this has been mentioned but the supplemental draft is Wednesday..

https://www.themaven.net/nfldraftscout/news/bills-browns-could-land-cb-beal-in-supplemental-draft-vRnzsFkJ90a4hdtzv8rpXw/

Also found this interesting..

https://www.themaven.net/nfldraftscout/browns/ufc-legend-liddell-mixes-it-up-with-browns-DpTETYIxaUm4Ix-05B3NzQ/

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jul 9, 2018 1:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Whether Gordon balls out, or not, the "we need to trade him guys" weren't really wrong. For godsakes, the guy hasn't given production worth a piss in FIVE years. You'll have to pardon those who wanted to move on from his unreliable ass.

I know this has been mentioned but the supplemental draft is Wednesday..

https://www.themaven.net/nfldraftscout/news/bills-browns-could-land-cb-beal-in-supplemental-draft-vRnzsFkJ90a4hdtzv8rpXw/

Also found this interesting..

https://www.themaven.net/nfldraftscout/browns/ufc-legend-liddell-mixes-it-up-with-browns-DpTETYIxaUm4Ix-05B3NzQ/

If he balls out, everyone who wanted him traded is easily wrong. Nobody was going to give anything but a 5-7th pick for Gordon.  Meanwhile the Browns had all the leverage on his contract.  He is a RFA after this season.  The Browns had nothing to gain from trading away a guy that could potentially provide a spark for a 5-7th rd pick that most likely wouldn't even be on the roster in a couple years.  Give me the potential of Gordon breaking out again vs somebody that would have no real impact.

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 12:03 PM

Supplemental Draft is today, wouldn't mind Browns throwing an offer in on that CB.

Crimson streak Senior Member
9,170 posts 51 reps Joined Jun 2010
Wed, Jul 11, 2018 12:21 PM

Supplemental Draft is today, wouldn't mind Browns throwing an offer in on that CB.

I’d put in a 3rd for Beal. I think he would be a crazy good number 2 corner next to ward 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Jul 11, 2018 12:50 PM

If they grab Beal, the back end of that defense could be pretty good. I saw an article where one of the guys they added in FA (think it was TJ Carrie, could be wrong) was disappointed or felt like he was duped when they chose Denzel Ward in the draft.

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 1:52 PM
posted by BR1986FB

If they grab Beal, the back end of that defense could be pretty good. I saw an article where one of the guys they added in FA (think it was TJ Carrie, could be wrong) was disappointed or felt like he was duped when they chose Denzel Ward in the draft.

Well boohoo Carrie.

Thu, Jul 19, 2018 1:58 PM

https://imgur.com/RAQCg0R

Gif wasn't working. @justincredible

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 19, 2018 2:16 PM

https://imgur.com/RAQCg0R

Gif wasn't working. @justincredible

That Myles Garret video isn't a gif, so it's definitely not going to embed properly.

Thu, Jul 19, 2018 2:22 PM
posted by justincredible

That Myles Garret video isn't a gif, so it's definitely not going to embed properly.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 23, 2018 10:25 AM

Hmm Josh Gordon announcing he won't be in Cle for the beginning of training camp... I saw they had Eli Rogers in for a meeting last week. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 23, 2018 10:36 AM
posted by iclfan2

Hmm Josh Gordon announcing he won't be in Cle for the beginning of training camp... I saw they had Eli Rogers in for a meeting last week. 

He tweeted that he’s not suspended and just working on a few personal things. 

I’m sure this is nothing. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login