2022 NFL Season Thread

rip34 Member
76 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 2, 2023 9:42 PM

If he does pass away, game does not get restarted and really unsure how the league goes forward into the next week.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 2, 2023 9:46 PM

Finish the game Wednesday

Move Bengals/Ravens and Bills/Patriots to Monday

Flip playoff schedules to ensure the Bengals/Bills/Ravens/Patriots are played on Monday….and then those winners next games are the following Sunday.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 2, 2023 10:56 PM

That was scary.  Feel kind of gross about watching football again.  

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jan 2, 2023 11:05 PM

Bills are flying back to Buffalo

I don’t like that news…..maybe it’s good news.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 2, 2023 11:24 PM

So what’s Skip Bayless’s deal? I know his MO has always been post controversial shit to get attention, clicks, views, etc. But this seems way over the line. There’s no way Fox Sports signed off on this? Why does he get to continue being an obnoxious dickhead without repercussion? He should lose his job. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jan 2, 2023 11:27 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So what’s Skip Bayless’s deal? I know his MO has always been post controversial shit to get attention, clicks, views, etc. But this seems way over the line. There’s no way Fox Sports signed off on this? Why does he get to continue being an obnoxious dickhead without repercussion? He should lose his job. 

Screw him and his ways

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 3, 2023 12:03 AM

I hate Skip, but of all the things said in his life, why are we going after this one?

I mean shit, was I92 speculating on when this game is made up any better than what Skip posted? We all are thinking it — postponing and not playing messes with the league and playoffs. Just no one wanted to say it tonight. 

Now I need to go shower for “defending” that disgusting human.

Yeah….I had two other post in prayer and hoping he pulled through. Then I didn’t speculate I just gave a thought to 10 people on here while twitter universe was going crazy.

Tue, Jan 3, 2023 4:21 AM

I thought I92 and everyone else here was in favor of postponing the game and figuring out the rest later. I initially assumed they’d make it up Tuesday but as the night went on I don’t care as much. 

I don’t give a shit about Skip’s daily Lebron nonsense. Most people tuned him out years ago. But I think questioning how a game couldn’t still go on while a player was receiving CPR was a bad look and a new low from him. And he’s getting a lot of criticism on Twitter, even from his peers and professional athletes. I’d imagine that’s new and different for him? 

Tue, Jan 3, 2023 5:44 AM

Hamlin’s gofundme toy charity - which originally had a goal of $2500 - is now at $3.1 million. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 3, 2023 9:53 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I thought I92 and everyone else here was in favor of postponing the game and figuring out the rest later. I initially assumed they’d make it up Tuesday but as the night went on I don’t care as much. 

I don’t give a shit about Skip’s daily Lebron nonsense. Most people tuned him out years ago. But I think questioning how a game couldn’t still go on while a player was receiving CPR was a bad look and a new low from him. And he’s getting a lot of criticism on Twitter, even from his peers and professional athletes. I’d imagine that’s new and different for him? 

Maybe we just interpreted it differently. 

He said they should postpone it. But questioned the logistics as to how they would be able to. The same thing that we were all doing talking about a makeup date. Its just different wording. His "seems so irrelevant" to me was saying that this game doesnt matter, the season doesnt matter. But it will go on, so how can you cancel a game in Week 17 with only 1 game left for all teams and no makeup dates/bye weeks.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 4, 2023 9:53 PM
posted by Laley23

Maybe we just interpreted it differently. 

He said they should postpone it. But questioned the logistics as to how they would be able to. The same thing that we were all doing talking about a makeup date. Its just different wording. His "seems so irrelevant" to me was saying that this game doesnt matter, the season doesnt matter. But it will go on, so how can you cancel a game in Week 17 with only 1 game left for all teams and no makeup dates/bye weeks.

I agree with this. I think Skip is an attention-whore piece of shit who doesn't deserve 1% of the relevance he has because he gets to spew takes on TV, but he put forth multiple tweets concerned about his health and the only part that's getting talked about is the part that could be construed as "the game must go on!".

If anyone who has spewed takes deserves shit, it's Bart Scott and his attempt to blame Tee Higgins for what happened on that play. Or the Charlie Kirks of the world and their attempt to spin it on how, as an NFL player, he had to get the 'rona vax and then this happened, so, you know, correlation.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 4, 2023 9:59 PM
posted by Heretic

I agree with this. I think Skip is an attention-whore piece of shit who doesn't deserve 1% of the relevance he has because he gets to spew takes on TV, but he put forth multiple tweets concerned about his health and the only part that's getting talked about is the part that could be construed as "the game must go on!".

If anyone who has spewed takes deserves shit, it's Bart Scott and his attempt to blame Tee Higgins for what happened on that play. Or the Charlie Kirks of the world and their attempt to spin it on how, as an NFL player, he had to get the 'rona vax and then this happened, so, you know, correlation.

Agreed. I hate skip. But I get what he meant by his tweet. Total overreaction 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jan 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Jan 5, 2023 7:02 PM

If you have issues with dry eyes….

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Jan 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Damn

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Jan 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Sounds like Hillis is improving 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jan 6, 2023 1:33 PM
posted by Ironman92

Sounds like Hillis is improving 

Every time I bought my lady a jersey of one of the Browns (Hillis, OBJ, Baker) it was the kiss of death for their career in Cleveland.

I liked Hillis and he was a great story, at the time, but then things just got weird with that CIA or FBI stuff he was claiming.

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Jan 6, 2023 2:40 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Every time I bought my lady a jersey of one of the Browns (Hillis, OBJ, Baker) it was the kiss of death for their career in Cleveland.

I liked Hillis and he was a great story, at the time, but then things just got weird with that CIA or FBI stuff he was claiming.

My son was born in 2003….2nd jersey was like size 12 months Vick jersey, then next a 2T Roethlisberger (I was’t aware of his accusations and doings until JJ Huddle)and then about age 3 I got him a Greg Oden jersey.

So my jersey buying hasn’t been stellar either lol

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jan 6, 2023 4:22 PM
posted by Ironman92

My son was born in 2003….2nd jersey was like size 12 months Vick jersey, then next a 2T Roethlisberger (I was’t aware of his accusations and doings until JJ Huddle)and then about age 3 I got him a Greg Oden jersey.

So my jersey buying hasn’t been stellar either lol

I told her it's just safer buying a retired legend's jersey than a current player who can commit a crime or get traded...haha

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Jan 6, 2023 5:20 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I told her it's just safer buying a retired legend's jersey than a current player who can commit a crime or get traded...haha

Chip Banks

Clay Mathews

Brian Sipe

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login