2022 NFL Season Thread

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 3:32 PM

I honestly just want to watch the game…..if the Browns are better and win, good for them. These refs have taken away a TD from Steelers, extended a Browns drive with a made up holding on a 3rd and long that was unsuccessful, gave Steelers new life on a drive on a phantom PI, and now have taken Browns from 3rd and goal on the 20 to a 1st and goal and a TD to keep this game interesting.

We get it NFL….make sure this 7 spot comes down to an exciting play.

I feel like I’m watching wrestling. Fire this crew or investigate them. It’s insane and obvious.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 3:56 PM

Dolphins in FG range for the playoffs.

Nailed that one. Steelers/Browns referees ruined a potentially fun game.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 3:57 PM

If Browns just throw over top to Cooper it’ll be there

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:08 PM

Fire all Browns coaches. Garbage game

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:10 PM
posted by iclfan2

Fire all Browns coaches. Garbage game

I noticed a huge lack of effort late but I saw some big players not even trying on plays in the first half

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:11 PM

Lord….Waddle and Tyreke both limped off field today. If Tua can’t play Buffalo might win by 40

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:15 PM

How is the NFL going to make Chargers/Jags, Bengals/Ravens, Bills/Dolphins exciting???

I have no idea. If Bills or Bengals game is close…..something crazy is going on.

If Bills play Bengals is that neutral site? At Pittsburgh seems obvious.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:20 PM

Not feeling real confident in Cincinnati right now. Looked real rusty today. Play like this next week and it’s a loss. 

Lamar possibly back next week which could be good or bad.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:23 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Not feeling real confident in Cincinnati right now. Looked real rusty today. Play like this next week and it’s a loss. 

Lamar at best will be rusty AF…he still hasn’t even practiced. Bengals aren’t up for this Ravens team sitting 6 starters….they jumped out fast and fell asleep.

It’ll need a crazy happening for it to be close IMO.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:27 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

But I do 100% respect your thinking that way. I completely get it and would 100% do the same.

I think the Bengals and Chiefs are on their own without the Bills…Bills still seem shook, BUT….when they face you know damn well Hamlin is going to be on that sideline, in his hometown Pittsburgh and as a Bengals person I don’t want any part of that…..so to me Hamlin’s presence keeps them dangerous.

I think the Chargers are dangerous (as Jags beat them by 20 lol)

mhs95_06 Senior Member
8,603 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 4:47 PM

Zebras strongly helped the Dolphins to that win.  Tied 6-6 with about 6 minutes left, Flacco threw a beautiful 9 yd completion to Garrett Wilson near mid field where he threw the ball low and to the side, where only Garrett could catch it between the 2 defenders, which he did by stretching both hands out along the ground and adeptly cradling the ball between them above the ground.  As he proceeded with the catch, to make it more secure by letting the ball slide about 4" along his forearms toward his elbows so he could clutch it up toward his midsection and make it even more secure.  The Dophins challenged that it wasn't a catch.  The announcers said they saw it move, which it did, but there were no views that the ball touched the ground, and furthermore the horizontal position of the ball did not go down, which you would expect if it went between his forearms.  To my amazement they ruled it incomplete, and the Jets chose to punt and it resulted in pinning the Dolphins at about their 10 yd line.  They got stoned on a 1st down run, then the zebras did not call two holdings at the outside point of attack on the outside run which netted a first down.  From there the Dolphins were able to advance it enough to punt it down to the Jets 10 yd line from where they had to punt which got the ball around midfield from where the Dolphins were trying to get into game winning field goal range.  The Jets made a great play and got the ball carrier OB for about a 2 yd gain, but they called a horse collar tackle that was highly questionable to put the Dolphins into FG range from where they won the game and a place in the playoffs!

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 5:22 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Zebras strongly helped the Dolphins to that win.  Tied 6-6 with about 6 minutes left, Flacco threw a beautiful 9 yd completion to Garrett Wilson near mid field where he threw the ball low and to the side, where only Garrett could catch it between the 2 defenders, which he did by stretching both hands out along the ground and adeptly cradling the ball between them above the ground.  As he proceeded with the catch, to make it more secure by letting the ball slide about 4" along his forearms toward his elbows so he could clutch it up toward his midsection and make it even more secure.  The Dophins challenged that it wasn't a catch.  The announcers said they saw it move, which it did, but there were no views that the ball touched the ground, and furthermore the horizontal position of the ball did not go down, which you would expect if it went between his forearms.  To my amazement they ruled it incomplete, and the Jets chose to punt and it resulted in pinning the Dolphins at about their 10 yd line.  They got stoned on a 1st down run, then the zebras did not call two holdings at the outside point of attack on the outside run which netted a first down.  From there the Dolphins were able to advance it enough to punt it down to the Jets 10 yd line from where they had to punt which got the ball around midfield from where the Dolphins were trying to get into game winning field goal range.  The Jets made a great play and got the ball carrier OB for about a 2 yd gain, but they called a horse collar tackle that was highly questionable to put the Dolphins into FG range from where they won the game and a place in the playoffs!

Yep…it’s crazy

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 5:55 PM

So Bengals/Bills divisional round in Buffalo?

Yikes.

Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:24 PM
posted by Ironman92

So Bengals/Bills divisional round in Buffalo?

Yikes.

This has been a point of controversy the last few days. The bengals were in control of getting that #2 seed. Who knows what would happen with that MNF game but the league basically said if they, Buffalo, and KC win out this week then they’ll stay the 1-2-3 seeds which took away Cincinnati’s chance at the #2 seed. The MNF game was canceled and Cincinnati lost their chance at the #2 seed (and #1 seed if KC were to lose last night but that wasn’t going to happen anyways) 

They also went ahead and crowned Cincinnati AFC north champs but they still had to beat Baltimore today to wrap up home field for next week. If they lost today, they’re still division champs but then they do the coin flip to see if the game would remain in Cincinnati or go to Baltimore. 

I think it’d be fair if Buffalo and Cincinnati won next weekend to do the coin flip for home field advantage for the divisional game instead of just giving it to Buffalo. If Buffalo and KC meet in the conference championship, that game is played at a neutral field. 

It’s a shitty situation that they’re all in. 

Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:28 PM

Mike Williams carted off with a back injury in a game he didn’t need to be playing in. 

Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:31 PM

Wtf Herbert and Ekeler are still playing too. They already have the #5 seed wrapped up. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:36 PM

Yeah I knew the majority of that but just ASSUMED any Cincy/Buff matchup would be neutral.

After today I’m on board with NFL in cahoots with officials to just make everything interesting.

Eagles playing for a 1 seed and up 16-0 to start 3rd…they drive down and throw great TD to Devonta Smith…refs call illegal man downfield. Now I’ve seen this called 50x this year and seemingly 45x it’s had nothing to do with anything but clearly a point of emphasis….BUT on this one the Eagles were on the 2 1/2 yard line lol and number #69 drifted a few steps to his left and ended up on the edge of the goal line just standing there and no one to block…he was 5 yards to the left of where the ball was snapped……the TD pass was on the far right side. When ball was thrown he was a maybe 2 yards “downfield” and simply standing there.

Then Eagles throw interception to keep 49ers fan hope.

THE most unneccary call I’ve seen all year.

mhs95_06 Senior Member
8,603 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 7:27 PM

Jalen Ramsey gets poetic justice for the bad unnecessary roughness penalty called on him on the sidelines as Geno goes OB, putting Sea in great position for the GW field goal, which they doinked off the goalpost.  Ramsey was camped inbounds right on the side line to force Geno out and Geno runs right into Ramsey just as Geno's left foot comes down OB.  

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 10:56 PM

Pushing a trainer…playing for playoff life?

Geesh

Sun, Jan 8, 2023 11:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

Pushing a trainer…playing for playoff life?

Geesh

Wrong week for that. The other player gave him a shoulder to the back as well. 

Also, it’s the second time he’s been ejected for it this season? 

Put the dickhead Packers to bed. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login