2021-22 NBA

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 8:16 AM
posted by like_that

A lot of revisionist history on all of his decisions.

Also, in what world do you (Kizer) live in, where Lebron isn’t passive aggressive?

You mean a lot of excuse making to shine a turd.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 8:48 AM
posted by like_that

A lot of revisionist history on all of his decisions.

Also, in what world do you (Kizer) live in, where Lebron isn’t passive aggressive?

I mean.. what do you want him to do if you think what he's doing is passive aggressive? What is he doing that other players arent? 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 8:50 AM
posted by kizer permanente

What is he doing that other players arent? 

Interesting that you say that because he's kind of the one who started it all. Other players have followed his lead. Seems like NBA players have more power than athletes in other sports.

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 9:12 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Interesting that you say that because he's kind of the one who started it all. Other players have followed his lead. Seems like NBA players have more power than athletes in other sports.

I dunno about that. People were being "problems" and forcing trades to go where they wanted for years. Lebron is just the highest profile. I will say he perfected it with contracts to be almost totally in his control. He made it so teams arrange their teams to be in a position to get him, 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 9:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

No he didn’t. Jordan and Pippen both. KG did the biggest one where he forced a trade in private and now acts like he didn’t form the first Big-3 of this era. Kobe may be the biggest “WTF why?” of them all. Shaq had the best PG in the league and still forced his way to LA. LeBron is far from the first. 

His contracts being 1 and 1 kill franchises from building and force all-ins. But that has only been the case since he left Miami. Cavs had 7 years to build competence around him, and he wasn’t this strong voice until like year 5-6 in Cleveland. So let’s not act like the Cavs didn’t totally fuck over 7 years of LeBron James. Like, the dude had 4 titles in 17 years in the league. And only 1 of them in Cleveland, despite 11/17 seasons being there. That’s…….nearly impossible to accomplish as a franchise.  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 1:57 PM

All of this doesn’t change the fact that Lebron is passive aggressive.  I don’t know how you can follow the guy his whole career and come to the conclusion that he isn’t passive agressive.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 3:00 PM
posted by like_that

All of this doesn’t change the fact that Lebron is passive aggressive.  I don’t know how you can follow the guy his whole career and come to the conclusion that he isn’t passive agressive.

Shit, I didn't see the All-Star game but the Yahoo article that interviewed him referred to him as passive aggressive and this was less than 3 days ago.

Wed, Feb 23, 2022 3:01 PM
posted by like_that

Yeah, I think he definitely does little things on social media, or like this past weekend with the Cleveland talk, or when I. Thomas had been traded and he hit the game winner and deliberately turned his back on him during celebration lol, etc. 

I am more skeptical about his communication within the organizations and the running of the teams. I think he has say, voices his wants, etc. But the teams are well aware of his wishes. For the most part, every one of his teammates loves him even after they get left in the dust/traded. Like, I think he is 100% using the Cleveland talk as a way to get the Lakers to make some moves and get shit done this off-season. But, I also 100% believe the Lakers already know that and LeBron has told them they gotta get better.

His team building/input can be questioned and that can be put on him. But I dont think that changes the fact he communicates within the organization.

Thu, Feb 24, 2022 9:07 AM
posted by like_that

Sure... and so is nearly every celebrity or everyone in the spotlight then? It kinda comes with the territory? I'm not sure why you're thinking this is unique to LeBron. Literally any famous person with social media who also has vested interests acts this way?  

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 24, 2022 9:49 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Sure... and so is nearly every celebrity or everyone in the spotlight then? It kinda comes with the territory? I'm not sure why you're thinking this is unique to LeBron. Literally any famous person with social media who also has vested interests acts this way?  

Sure? Who cares. Idk why you’re so intent on denying this about him. If it’s the worst thing about him then he’s doing fine in the long run. We all said we’d take him on the Cavs, but he’s kind of a diva sometimes. It’s not really a secret anymore. 

Thu, Feb 24, 2022 11:09 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Sure? Who cares. Idk why you’re so intent on denying this about him. If it’s the worst thing about him then he’s doing fine in the long run. We all said we’d take him on the Cavs, but he’s kind of a diva sometimes. It’s not really a secret anymore. 

I just think to pin it on him like some character flaw is kinda stupid is all, when it’s the nature of the business for people like him. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 28, 2022 8:59 AM

Mon, Feb 28, 2022 9:16 PM
Mon, Feb 28, 2022 10:02 PM

Garland needs to be healthy. Cavs have a legit shot to win the central with the Bulls March schedule. But this back issue is killing them.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Mar 3, 2022 8:37 AM
posted by Laley23

Garland needs to be healthy. Cavs have a legit shot to win the central with the Bulls March schedule. But this back issue is killing them.

Cavs need to get their business in order or they might just bumble their way out of the playoffs.

Thu, Mar 3, 2022 9:35 AM

Yeah that was a bad loss last night. Now they get to go to Philadelphia Friday. Embiid killed them a couple weeks ago. 

Thu, Mar 3, 2022 9:49 AM

They have a tough stretch coming up. Sucks that they didn't have Garland to take advantage of the easiest portion of the scheudle. Would likely be in 1st place right now if they did.

Fri, Mar 4, 2022 12:37 AM

Lakers. Woof. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 4, 2022 7:47 AM

I'm enjoying the Lakers implosion. 

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 4, 2022 9:01 AM

How is Luka not getting more love for MVP?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login