2021-22 NBA

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 21, 2022 1:29 PM

He’ll be a free agent in 2023 when his son can enter the league. No one has to trade anything for him.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 21, 2022 3:38 PM

If Cavs wanted him next year, they’d depart with Love. Or Lauri and Sexton. Or Lauri and some throw ins. Garland, Mobley, and Allen would still be around. They would be the prohibitive favorites. I like winning, so let’s go.

Same reason I look past the assholes on the Browns. Don’t have to like them as people, but you’re going to win with him.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 21, 2022 6:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Don't like hypocrite, racist assholes who passive aggressively hold their franchise hostage. Cavs have a good thing going. No need to rock the boat with "Mr I Run the Franchise."

Worse than Annie ^^^

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Feb 21, 2022 6:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Don't like hypocrite, racist assholes who passive aggressively hold their franchise hostage. Cavs have a good thing going. No need to rock the boat with "Mr I Run the Franchise."

Lol what? 

I know you’re pretty knowledgeable about about football, but I don’t think basketball is quite your lane 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Feb 21, 2022 6:42 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

He’ll be a free agent in 2023 when his son can enter the league. No one has to trade anything for him.

They will have to dump talent to meet the cap

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Feb 21, 2022 8:19 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Lol what? 

I know you’re pretty knowledgeable about about football, but I don’t think basketball is quite your lane 

What am I missing here? 

He was always passive aggressive when he was here in Cleveland. 

He held the franchise hostage by not committing on whether he was staying or going. Often demanding or, again, passive aggressively "suggesting" player additions.

He's a hypocrite in that he talks about the NBA's "slave owner" mentality while most of his Nike products are made in China, where some of the worst human rights abuses occur. 

And if you haven't seen his previous actions and don't get the "racist" part, that's on you. It's pretty obvious he's not a fan of the Caucasian group as a whole.

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 9:26 PM

I'm not going to touch the race/China stuff, but BR has a point with the other issues. Lebron gets titles where he goes although that's not a certainty if he were to come back next year. But he just leaves this path of destruction wherever he goes. The franchise was miserable both times after he left. And I'm fine if I never have to hear how Klutch isn't happy with something within my team ever again.

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 10:17 PM

Of course it’s no guarantee they win with him. 

But look at it this way, you probably have tops a 10% chance with the current group. Add LeBron, it probably skyrockets to above 50%.

Mon, Feb 21, 2022 10:17 PM
posted by Fletch

No they won’t. Unless you count Lauri Markennan as talent.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Feb 22, 2022 12:03 PM

Being a fan of a Lebron led team is exhausting, but that title was worth it.  I would still do it all over again for that title (and many more if GSW didn't get lucky with KD). BR is not wrong about all the points he made, including some problematic racist tweets and Lebron's hypocrisy on China.   Just because he brought a title and many great years to Cleveland, does not mean you have to jock sniff 24/7.  

With that being said, my views echoes Laley's thoughts.  I will take anyone that would bring a title to Cleveland.  Everyone else in all leagues take all kinds of problematic players (not saying Lebron is at the level of other athletes), so why should Cleveland be the boy scout city? I wouldn't move that many pieces for him at this point, but if it's a friendly deal I would do it, or just let him come in FA in a couple years.  I could envision him being in a Tim Duncan role ON THE COURT in the late stages of his career, but I don't think he has the personality to take on that role. 

Edit: Also, I would definitely not sign Lebron to a max deal.  It would have to be team friendly. 

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 1:21 PM
posted by BR1986FB

What am I missing here? 

He was always passive aggressive when he was here in Cleveland. 

He held the franchise hostage by not committing on whether he was staying or going. Often demanding or, again, passive aggressively "suggesting" player additions.

He's a hypocrite in that he talks about the NBA's "slave owner" mentality while most of his Nike products are made in China, where some of the worst human rights abuses occur. 

And if you haven't seen his previous actions and don't get the "racist" part, that's on you. It's pretty obvious he's not a fan of the Caucasian group as a whole.

I don't think he's passive aggressive at all.. he's pretty open about what he wants. Cleveland was piss poor management his first run here. Squarely on them.  There's only so much you can do with a roster when you have a Super max contract. Cleveland did a good job the second time and they won a Championship. Goal achieved. You're right about being a hypocrite when it comes to China, but I don't think I know anyone who isn't when it comes to their livelihood?  And he def doesn't hate white people lol. If you're uncomfortable with him calling out injustice, that's not on him. 

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 1:27 PM
posted by Fletch

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 1:53 PM

Or this one’s better

Garland, Lebron, Davis, Mobley, Allen starting 5 😂

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Feb 22, 2022 2:10 PM

I don't think he's passive aggressive at all.. he's pretty open about what he wants. Cleveland was piss poor management his first run here. Squarely on them.  There's only so much you can do with a roster when you have a Super max contract. Cleveland did a good job the second time and they won a Championship. Goal achieved. You're right about being a hypocrite when it comes to China, but I don't think I know anyone who isn't when it comes to their livelihood?  And he def doesn't hate white people lol. If you're uncomfortable with him calling out injustice, that's not on him. 

I stopped reading at "I don't think he's passive aggressive at all." Apparently, you're new here. If you look in the dictionary under the definition of "passive aggressive" you'll see his face smiling back at you. We've been talking about this trait within him since his rookie contract.

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 2:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I stopped reading at "I don't think he's passive aggressive at all." Apparently, you're new here. If you look in the dictionary under the definition of "passive aggressive" you'll see his face smiling back at you. We've been talking about this trait within him since his rookie contract.

I dunno  I think you think bc he’s not in press conferences saying trade this guy and bring this guy in that’s he’s not communicating his ideas.  It’s odd that the whole league always knows where he’s going and who hes going to be playing with yet he’s passive aggressive. 

It’s no secret Cleveland blames him for leaving and not Gilbert’s ego and ineptness. That’s not reality though  

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 4:15 PM

I dunno  I think you think bc he’s not in press conferences saying trade this guy and bring this guy in that’s he’s not communicating his ideas.  It’s odd that the whole league always knows where he’s going and who hes going to be playing with yet he’s passive aggressive. 

It’s no secret Cleveland blames him for leaving and not Gilbert’s ego and ineptness. That’s not reality though  

Disagree. When he left for Miami, they were still debating that morning where he might go. He still has the rest of this season and next under contract with the Lakers and he’s already floating possibly returning to Cleveland (for a third time lol)

But I agree with like_that. He’s a headcase but I’d still take him on my team for the right price. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Feb 22, 2022 4:25 PM

Disagree. When he left for Miami, they were still debating that morning where he might go. He still has the rest of this season and next under contract with the Lakers and he’s already floating possibly returning to Cleveland (for a third time lol)

But I agree with like_that. He’s a headcase but I’d still take him on my team for the right price. 

Yeah, I thought there was something called "The Decision" where he had this dog & pony show on national TV to announce where he was "taking his talents." I think a lot of Cavs fans thought he was returning to Cleveland when the asshole delivered that gut punch. I don't think the "whole league new where he was going" that night.

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 5:12 PM

The decision is about the only time. He would never come out and throw guys under the bus, but he makes his roster dislikes known to the organization.

He is definitely not innocent in the rosters that have been constructed, but the organizations always know what needs to be done. Cleveland did an excellent job the second time around, they build a dynasty that could’ve easily gone 4 straight if not for the better dynasty being built. 

I don’t think he leaves if Kyrie wasn’t such a nut job. I love him for the shot, but if we are talking divas, that guy couldn’t get out of here fast enough. 

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 5:45 PM

I think the only reason The Decision was the way it was as far as hush hush was bc he legit knew how hard cavs fans were gonna take it. When he came back to Cleveland everyone knew it was happening.  when he went to LA everyone knew it was happening. He’d still be in Cleveland if Kyrie wasn’t such a fuck head. The cavs were set up for multiple runs, and smooth brain ruined it all. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 6:56 AM

A lot of revisionist history on all of his decisions.

Also, in what world do you (Kizer) live in, where Lebron isn’t passive aggressive?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login