2021-22 NBA

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 26, 2022 4:10 AM

Well I was off on Kyrie and that series in general. Celtics and Bucks will be a lot of fun, as will Heat and....76ers? I don't think they're going to blow it?

Really looking forward to the two west games tonight. No idea what happens in either. 

Donovan Mitchell hurt his hamstring and if he cant go Thursday then Dallas moves on. 

Tue, Apr 26, 2022 4:12 AM
posted by Laley23

So who does Utah keep? Anyone? Gotta think Mitchell is the only one worth it, but he may not be in the mood for a rebuild — and Utah is assuredly tearing it all down.

Hard to imagine Snyder, Gobert, and Mitchell will all be back. All three might be gone but I'd imagine they'd want to keep Mitchell first and foremost. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 26, 2022 9:42 AM
posted by Ironman92

These refs are fucking trash. Every call goes to the Nets. The foul out on Tatum was crazy.

The shit they call a foul is senseless.

Big monster whiny babies out there.

Boston was up 8….I would’ve left Tatum out longer. Oh well, hope Celtics win game 5 by 60

I was rooting for the Nets because I can't stand Marcus Smart.  

That being said, the calls in the Nets favor were crazy.  

They call Scott Foster "the extender" for a reason. 

Tue, Apr 26, 2022 9:59 PM

Heat keep Trae Young contained all series and advance. 

Hawks are another team that will be making moves this off-season. Took a big step back this season. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 26, 2022 10:24 PM

Mitchell is another Russell Westbrook.

How about Ja in the 4th quarter. What a shot after Antman tied it with the clutch 3. I’m loving these young dudes on non super teams playing hard non stop and talking trash. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 26, 2022 10:46 PM

Minny blew it lol

Tue, Apr 26, 2022 11:16 PM

Minnesota can still force game 7 if they win at home Friday. But if they lose the series they’ll have plenty to keep them up at night this off-season. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 27, 2022 12:46 AM

That SLOB play Minny ran was amazing. Kinda sucks Ja got that lay-up, cause that play deserved OT.

Russell fucking sucks, and he thinks he is Minnys best player. It’s a bad combo.

Wed, Apr 27, 2022 12:46 AM

LOL. Just lost NO +14.5 on those 2 meaningless Bridges dunks. 

Wed, Apr 27, 2022 1:02 AM

Alvarado is entertaining to watch. Like Pat Beverly only not a huge tool. 

Bucks and Warriors should advance tomorrow. Although I’m slightly interested in if the Nuggets figured anything out like they claim to have. I think it’s all just fluff. 

Lavine is in health and safety protocols and will miss the game. Chicago already had an uphill battle to climb…

Wed, Apr 27, 2022 11:36 AM

In case VBall ever comes back...

posted by vball10set
posted by Laley23

What? He was, again, the best player on the court. Where was he exposed? He is an athletic marvel with an insane ability to hang in the air and find the open player. An amazing passer combined with his ability to posterize someone half a foot taller than him...and then drain step back 3s.

Zion is a freak, and I wouldn't be upset at him at 1. But Morant is about the perfect 2019 Point Guard in the NBA. 6-3, athletic and can score...give me him all day.

Maybe 'exposed' wasn't the right word, but IMO he's a cog to a good team that's missing a PG to become a great team. I saw too many times last night his shot either get blocked or tipped,and as far as "posturizing a player half a foot taller"? he did that once, and you keep seeing the highlight-lol...he's a helluva player, but time will tell if that translates to All Star status at the next level. Give me Zion, because his will.

Thu, Apr 28, 2022 1:37 AM

Bulls and Nuggets out. Bulls sputtered to the finish line and are fortunately out of their misery. Now Celtics get to try and slow down Giannis. I was kind of hoping they'd slate that first game for Saturday night but looks like it'll be 1pm Sunday. 

Some of my predictions will be way off, but the one in particular I need to own up to was thinking Denver would take this to seven games. That team was junk besides Jokic. Boogie Cousins was their second leading scorer tonight. Future remains bright for Denver, however. Murray will be ready by the beginning of next season, Jokic will sign the largest contract in NBA history this offseason via the supermax deal. Michael Porter Jr. is a big question mark, however. He missed all but nine games this season with a back injury that already sidelined him his entire rookie season four years ago. They need to get him back healthy and stay that way as he's due a lot of money the next few years. 

Thu, Apr 28, 2022 11:16 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Bulls and Nuggets out. Bulls sputtered to the finish line and are fortunately out of their misery. Now Celtics get to try and slow down Giannis. I was kind of hoping they'd slate that first game for Saturday night but looks like it'll be 1pm Sunday. 

Some of my predictions will be way off, but the one in particular I need to own up to was thinking Denver would take this to seven games. That team was junk besides Jokic. Boogie Cousins was their second leading scorer tonight. Future remains bright for Denver, however. Murray will be ready by the beginning of next season, Jokic will sign the largest contract in NBA history this offseason via the supermax deal. Michael Porter Jr. is a big question mark, however. He missed all but nine games this season with a back injury that already sidelined him his entire rookie season four years ago. They need to get him back healthy and stay that way as he's due a lot of money the next few years. 

I think they were heading to Game 6 until Jokic hammy flared up and Bones and Rivers went out. They were dipping DEEEEEEP into their reserves to try and keep that lead that the regular rotation had built. 

Thu, Apr 28, 2022 10:33 PM

Philadelphia lets out a sigh of relief as they finish off Toronto. They’ll be onto Miami. 

Phoenix also finishes off New Orleans. Hell of a series. Might have been second best behind Minnesota and Memphis? 

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 10:25 AM

Philadelphia lets out a sigh of relief as they finish off Toronto. They’ll be onto Miami. 

Phoenix also finishes off New Orleans. Hell of a series. Might have been second best behind Minnesota and Memphis? 

Given level of play, it was best. MIN/MEM has been bad for a lot of it, but entertaining as hell.

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 11:31 PM

If there’s a stupid fucking foul to make, KAT will find it. 

Sat, Apr 30, 2022 12:14 AM

Gonna give this a try, we'll see how it goes. Just going off top of my head.

Heat over Hawks in 6 (this series might actually be really close; both talented, deep, experienced teams. Trae probably best player in the matchup and also biggest douche)
Celtics over Nets in 7 (Simmons returns somewhere in games 4-6 so they say, who cares. Nets will need a lot of help from players not named Durant/Kyrie)
76ers over Raptors in 6 (Embiid too much to handle, maybe Harden finally wakes up)
Milwaukee over Chicago in 5 (Giannis tells Chicago to fuck off)

Suns over Pelicans in 4 (Imagine how much more fun this series would be if Zion wasn't fucking fat)
Grizzlies over TWolves in 6 (really pumped for this series.)
Warriors over Nuggets in 7 (Jokic is MVP, but without Porter and Murray he's no match for Warriors)
Jazz over Mavs in 5 (Cant get excited for this series without Luka, he's missing game 1 and maybe 2)

Not bad. Got 7/8 right, and three of them perfectly. Not going to beat myself up on the Celtics - Nets. I don’t think anyone imagined a sweep. Already called myself out on the Nuggets but the other ugly one was thinking the Jazz weren’t the Jazz. That team will be a demolition project this summer. 

For the second round, I’ll say Celtics in 6, Warriors in 6, and Phoenix in 7. Kind of hard to predict Miami and Philly with Embiid being out indefinitely. If he misses significant time, could be Miami in 5. 

Sat, Apr 30, 2022 9:06 PM

Bucks almost 2/1 to advance. Even without Middleton, that may be too enticing to pass up. They still have the best player in basketball, and an incredible supporting cast (plus Jrue).

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 1, 2022 3:22 PM

Bucks look good today.  Don't see who beats them if Middleton gets back.  

Sun, May 1, 2022 5:08 PM

Think the refs ejected Draymond so they wouldn’t have to deal with him the rest of the game. Don’t blame them. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login