2020 NFL Thread...

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Sep 15, 2020 10:17 AM
posted by gut

You're seriously stupid and blind if you think Ben is overweight, much less fat.  An easy internet search (which any non-moron can do) would convince any non-morons Ben has never played fat.  Anyone who's watched him play would know he moves too well to be "fat", not to mention there's never been a halfway decent fat QB in the NFL.

This is Ben in 2019 camp.  Notice the definition in the arms and shoulders.  That's a guy who might be 12-15% body fat.  Probably way healthier than you.

Here's another from 2019.  Again, notice the definition (and vein) in the forearm - not what you see in someone overweight.  I'd have to search for the lockeroom pick I saw in 2018, but he was even better shape then when he had defined biceps.

I’ve never seen someone pick the “280 lb qb isn’t fat” hill to die on  congrats  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 15, 2020 11:31 AM

Post more pics to drive your point home guyz!

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 15, 2020 12:19 PM
posted by like_that

LMFAO, this caught me off guard.  

Me too...sitting here with my lunch group and him just randomly started laughing 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 15, 2020 12:58 PM

As to what actually matters about the game last night, team looked good overall. Offense was a bit weak and tentative early on, which is understandable with it being the first game with no preseason and some key guys coming back after missing time with injuries, but as the game progressed, they got better. Snell taking over for Connor was a big help -- he just seemed a lot more aggressive in getting to the next level. Dupree just taking over on defense also helped -- dude definitely looks like a guy playing for a big contract.

For a lot of the game, it seemed like it'd go down to the wire, but I think Jones just killed all momentum they might have had in the third quarter when he ended that 19-play drive with that totally stupid panic throw with Dupree all over him that got picked. Steeler defense had dominated the second quarter and he opened the third for them by just methodically driving the ball down the field, getting one first down after the next...and then fucked it all up with one stupid play. Up until then, I thought the Steelers were lucky to hold the lead because the Giants should have probably had 10 or so more points. But after that, all the momentum switched sides and that was that.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Sep 17, 2020 4:06 PM

">

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 17, 2020 9:14 PM

Bengals defense looks woeful. Burrow looks good.

BM looks great early on.

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Bengals defense seems lost

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 17, 2020 10:27 PM

Big stop (but dumb by Browns IMO not to go up 9)....can Burrow change the course of this game with a 99 1/2 yd drive? Guessing no because line sucks too often.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 6:41 AM

John Ross has no business at an NFL game without a ticket.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 7:14 AM

There’s already a growing narrative forming on Twitter - even from some of the Bengals beatwriters - that they better figure it out or Burrow is going to become real unhappy here quick. I must have missed where it was already year three for him and they’ve only won six games. JFC. They’ve played two games, lost by a combined eight points, and they were the worst team in the league for reasons other than the QB. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 7:28 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

There’s already a growing narrative forming on Twitter - even from some of the Bengals beatwriters - that they better figure it out or Burrow is going to become real unhappy here quick. I must have missed where it was already year three for him and they’ve only won six games. JFC. They’ve played two games, lost by a combined eight points, and they were the worst team in the league for reasons other than the QB. 

I think that they need to be careful about not getting him hurt. He has taken a lot of hits. He has the potential to be a good QB, but he is going to have a hard time holding up throwing the ball 60 times a game.

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 20, 2020 4:45 PM

Unreal finish in Dallas. That onside was ridiculous, but also horribly played by Atlanta. Just letting the ball roll around. 

Sun, Sep 20, 2020 5:21 PM
posted by wildcats20

Unreal finish in Dallas. That onside was ridiculous, but also horribly played by Atlanta. Just letting the ball roll around. 

Unbelievable. I give the Cowboys a lot of credit for fighting their way back. What a huge mental mistake by Atlanta. I think none of the Falcons knew the rules of an onsides kick. 

It was wild seeing an onsides ball kicked like that. 

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 20, 2020 5:45 PM

It looked to me like none of them wanted to be the guy who touched it and let Dallas recover it. Instead the ball just slides 10 yards and Dallas is right there untouched to recover it. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sun, Sep 20, 2020 6:41 PM

Steelers won ugly. Way too many first downs surrendered via penalty for anyone's taste in that one. Should have been a blowout, instead it came down to the end because they utterly refused to pull them away. Two untimely turnovers and all those defensive penalties make them a lucky-as-hell team to be 2-0 right now.

Sun, Sep 20, 2020 6:50 PM
posted by Heretic

Steelers won ugly. Way too many first downs surrendered via penalty for anyone's taste in that one. Should have been a blowout, instead it came down to the end because they utterly refused to pull them away. Two untimely turnovers and all those defensive penalties make them a lucky-as-hell team to be 2-0 right now.

NFL requires some ugly and lucky wins. Good teams always find a way. Steelers always do. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sun, Sep 20, 2020 7:13 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Unbelievable. I give the Cowboys a lot of credit for fighting their way back. What a huge mental mistake by Atlanta. I think none of the Falcons knew the rules of an onsides kick. 

It was wild seeing an onsides ball kicked like that. 

The modern era of the Atlanta Falcons will go down in history for their love of inflicting humiliating losses via blowing huge leads upon themselves. If a franchise can be a choke artist, Atlanta is it!

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 20, 2020 7:27 PM
posted by Heretic

Sounds like they thought I was watching. I umpired all afternoon,made some side cash and kept my blood pressure down.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 20, 2020 7:32 PM

These later games have been so much fun to watch. They have had three of most exciting QBs playing with Maholmes, Kyler, and Lamar. Redzone has been great. 

I'm pretty impressed with Justin Herbert too. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 20, 2020 7:46 PM

The one bright spot for the Jets this season is Mekhi Becton. This kid is going to be GOOD.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login