2020 NFL Preseason

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 9:33 PM

If any of y’all like the draft and subscribe to the Athletic (or want to), my buddy’s draft guide came out today. 

https://theathletic.com/1727831/2020/04/07/dane-brugler-nfl-draft-guide-2020-the-beast/

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 10:21 PM

^^^ speaking of the draft, NFL.com has a bunch of their people do mocks and the consensus seems to be Joe Burrow at #1 to Cincy.....except for Maurice Jones-Drew who has Burrow falling to the Dolphins and the Bengals taking Justin Herbert at 1.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 9, 2020 9:03 AM
posted by BR1986FB

^^^ speaking of the draft, NFL.com has a bunch of their people do mocks and the consensus seems to be Joe Burrow at #1 to Cincy.....except for Maurice Jones-Drew who has Burrow falling to the Dolphins and the Bengals taking Justin Herbert at 1.

They were talking about maybe the dolphins trade a number of their picks to go to 1, and then the bengals can take the best QB left at, What...5 where the PHins are picking?  The Bengals would be retarded to do what MJD suggests.   If they want Herbert, trade the 1 to Miami and pick him with that pick....

I dont read the mock drafts, they are an entirely waste of time but hell, got time on our hands now!

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 9:30 AM

Jesus....Houston trades a 2nd rounder to the Rams for Brandin Cooks and a future draft pick. WTF is Bill O'Brien doing? Does Houston have any draft picks left? They went from a stud in Hopkins to a WR that seems to get traded every other year, in Cooks, and David Johnson?

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 9:41 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Jesus....Houston trades a 2nd rounder to the Rams for Brandin Cooks and a future draft pick. WTF is Bill O'Brien doing? Does Houston have any draft picks left? They went from a stud in Hopkins to a WR that seems to get traded every other year, in Cooks, and David Johnson?

Pretty sure they have more picks than a lot of teams, unless I read the article on the Cooks trade wrong. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 9:48 AM

CJ2K accused of murder for hire plot that killed 2 guys in 2016. Whoa.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 11:58 AM

I wouldn’t touch Cooks. He’s 1 concussion away from forced retirement.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 12:00 PM
posted by justincredible

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 12:11 PM
posted by justincredible

Channeling his internal Joe Exotic.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 5:57 PM

Take it FWIW, but our old buddy Mike Lombardi is saying that two teams have already flunked Tua on physicals? How they actually got these physicals done, I'm wondering, but according to Lombardi..."he's brittle. It's not just the hip but also his ankle and wrist." Apparently he broke the wrist, had it fixed, and broke it again.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 6:10 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Take it FWIW, but our old buddy Mike Lombardi is saying that two teams have already flunked Tua on physicals? How they actually got these physicals done, I'm wondering, but according to Lombardi..."he's brittle. It's not just the hip but also his ankle and wrist." Apparently he broke the wrist, had it fixed, and broke it again.

He’s going to fall to the god damn patriots and be perfectly healthy. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Apr 10, 2020 9:17 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

He’s going to fall to the god damn patriots and be perfectly healthy. 

Lol probably

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Apr 12, 2020 2:28 PM

In the "I should really show my team I'm a 'mature leader' so I can get that fat contract extension.....nah, just kidding" department, dumbass Dak Prescott decides to host a party of 30+ people, against the "no more than 10 at a location" mandate last night and, of course, what would the party be without, uber talented on the field/POS off the field, Zeke Elliott in attendance. SMDH

thavoice Senior Member
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 8:55 AM
posted by BR1986FB

In the "I should really show my team I'm a 'mature leader' so I can get that fat contract extension.....nah, just kidding" department, dumbass Dak Prescott decides to host a party of 30+ people, against the "no more than 10 at a location" mandate last night and, of course, what would the party be without, uber talented on the field/POS off the field, Zeke Elliott in attendance. SMDH

Eh.

I have no problem with it.   This whole thing is a freakin' joke anyways and I applaud them for "sticking it to the man".

Gained a little respect for Rain in practicing a little Civil disobedience.   

thavoice Senior Member
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 8:57 AM

What do you feel about the owners wanting to push the draft back until August?

I see there point, but I think they should keep it as is, and maybe add a few rounds like some have suggested.

I think what this will do is protect themselves from, well, themselves, and the paralysis by analysis.  The more and more then pick and prod it seems like teams talk themselves out of guys because of over analyzing the situation.

Glad they are keeping the draft as is. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 9:44 AM
posted by thavoice

What do you feel about the owners wanting to push the draft back until August?

I see there point, but I think they should keep it as is, and maybe add a few rounds like some have suggested.

I think what this will do is protect themselves from, well, themselves, and the paralysis by analysis.  The more and more then pick and prod it seems like teams talk themselves out of guys because of over analyzing the situation.

Glad they are keeping the draft as is. 

Link? I just tried looking for it and couldn’t find anything about pushback on it happening next week.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 9:53 AM
posted by thavoice

Eh.

I have no problem with it.   This whole thing is a freakin' joke anyways and I applaud them for "sticking it to the man".

Gained a little respect for Rain in practicing a little Civil disobedience.   

It's just a bad look for him.

thavoice Senior Member
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 10:38 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Link? I just tried looking for it and couldn’t find anything about pushback on it happening next week.

I just had seen it a scroll on ESPN a few days ago, but Goodell wont budge nor should he.

I know the owners/GMs want to pick,prod and do whatever they can to evaluate these guys but even as it is I believe they talk themselves OUT of a lot of good players by too much analysis.  Maybe this turns out to be a good thing where they realize that maybe they DONT need to all all of that stuff!>

Luckily a local kid has their pro day at Eastern Michigan a few days before the lockdown.    Some of those sort of kids are the ones I could feel a bit sorry for that they dont get that last, face to face, workout in front of teams which is why I am okay with adding a few rounds so teams on the back end.

thavoice Senior Member
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 10:42 AM
posted by BR1986FB

It's just a bad look for him.

True.

Wonder who tipped off the police/media?  Had to know it would get out.........
There are snitches everywhere.   Last week a few small business owners, and a couple of local politicians, had a meeting to discuss their frustrations on the shutting down of the state, how rural Ohio should not need to be treated like NYC, and have their voices heard.  Small biz owners and i know local politicians are frustrated.    A picture was taken of the meeting (Yes, they were sitting apart from eachother) and someone pointed out there had to be 11 people there (10 in the photo, one taking the pic) and filed a complaint that they had a gathering of more than 10.

buuut that is the world we live in.

The draft needs to here post haste to give us something, anything to talk about and feel normal again.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login