2020 College football thread

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 7, 2020 7:53 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

He apparently seems open to entertaining offers. You can't blame them for trying. 

No doubt. My comment was more toward the media and fans across the country. Every time there is an opening or soon to be open job, it’s “Urban Meyer is returning to coaching”. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 7, 2020 11:56 AM

Maybe he will go to Indiana if Tom Allen leaves. Would have to think he’d want to coach a top-10 squad over those other bums in CFB. Lololol

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:36 PM

The Game. Cancelled.

MOTHER OF FUCK!

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:39 PM

Fuckkkkk

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:39 PM
posted by Automatik

The Game. Cancelled.

MOTHER OF FUCK!

Trash

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:46 PM

Big Ten fucked this all up. Zero room for error. 

I think it may be possible, if the Minnesota game gets canceled, that the Big Ten moves some teams around: Nebraska plays Rutgers and Ohio State plays Maryland. It is better than nothing, and honestly, Maryland may give Ohio State a better game than Mich. 

Or, the Big Ten, could just maybe schedule the game for next week if both schools want that? Is that even something either school would entertain? I doubt it.

I think right now OSU would play Iowa in the crossover game....that is not a bad matchup. 

Bad look for college football again this week as now #4 OSU, #5 TAMU, and #7 Cincy all are canceled. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 1:59 PM

Closest Harbaugh will ever get to beating Ohio State, especially if not being able to play the game winds up fucking them out of the B1G championship game and hurts them as far as being considered Top 4 for playoffs.

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 2:30 PM

Purdue is canceling practice today. That could mean their game against Indiana is cancelled. Would allow an easy option for the B1G, but I don’t think they would do a straight swap. I think they would shuffle another game so OSU and Indiana don’t play a 2nd time. 

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 6:51 PM

And now Indiana has shut it down. They know what they’re doing. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 7:14 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Big Ten fucked this all up. Zero room for error. 

I think it may be possible, if the Minnesota game gets canceled, that the Big Ten moves some teams around: Nebraska plays Rutgers and Ohio State plays Maryland. It is better than nothing, and honestly, Maryland may give Ohio State a better game than Mich. 

Football involves so much prep time for a specific opponent. I can't see Maryland and Rutgers agreeing to situation that you described because it would only leave them a couple of days to prep for a different opponent than they have been preparing for.

The Buckeyes best chance is playing a team that has a cancellation. It may involve playing a team that they have already played, such as Nebraska in the situation that you described.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 7:23 PM

Money will win out.  Everyone realizes if OSU can't play in the championship then the Big Ten won't have a playoff team.  Last year, the four contenders each brought home $6M to their conference.

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 7:29 PM

OSU will still be in the playoff without the B1G championship. Florida ain’t beating Alabama. No one else has a shot. It’s the current 4 and Florida that are vying for the top 4. Texas A&M is just a placeholder in the 5th spot. 

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 7:43 PM

If OSU is not eligible for playing in the championship, they play the Iowa/Wisc winner on 12/19, correct?

Al Bundy Senior Member
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 7:53 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

If OSU is not eligible for playing in the championship, they play the Iowa/Wisc winner on 12/19, correct?

That is correct. I don't think that playoff committee will care among Northwestern/Iowa/Wisconsin. The Buckeyes would just miss out on a chance for Big Ten Championship.

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 7:59 PM
posted by Al Bundy

That is correct. I don't think that playoff committee will care among Northwestern/Iowa/Wisconsin. The Buckeyes would just miss out on a chance for Big Ten Championship.

No, they wouldn’t. 6-0 OSU is in unless Florida beats Bama. 

gut Senior Member
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:08 PM
posted by wildcats20

No, they wouldn’t. 6-0 OSU is in unless Florida beats Bama. 

I'm sure some will disagree, but the ACC title game should eliminate ND or Clemson.  IMO, ND barely beat the back-up QB at home, in double OT.  So even if ND loses a close game, they should be eliminated.

I'd like to see CIN squeak in there. I don't care if others are more deserving, if they are 1 of 3 undefeated teams they earned a ticket.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:18 PM
posted by gut

I'm sure some will disagree, but the ACC title game should eliminate ND or Clemson.  IMO, ND barely beat the back-up QB at home, in double OT.  So even if ND loses a close game, they should be eliminated.

I'd like to see CIN squeak in there. I don't care if others are more deserving, if they are 1 of 3 undefeated teams they earned a ticket.

With Cincy falling to 8th in the new rankings and having future games cancelled, I don't see a path for them.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:22 PM
posted by gut

OSU would be in trouble if both:

Florida beats Alabama close &... 

Clemson beats ND in a well played game by less than a score, then...

gut Senior Member
Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:27 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

OSU would be in trouble if both:

Florida beats Alabama close &... 

Clemson beats ND in a well played game by less than a score, then...

It might be hard if OSU is sitting there at only 5-0....but you really can't justify a scenario where both FL and Bama are in - they have what basically amounts to a play-in game.

If ND loses a close one, then I can see that argument.  But, like I said, the winner of that game really should eliminate the loser.

Tue, Dec 8, 2020 8:28 PM

Bama is lock unless Florida curb stomps them. 

Also, OSU will be 6-0. They will get a game next weekend no matter what. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login