- Started my first job in late 2009 (so, basically started my career in 2010).
- Met wife in 2012
- Moved to NC in 2013 for new job, same industry
- Married in 2015
- Moved back to Midwest -- Chicago -- in 2018, same company by remote
- Had kid in May of this year
- Started taking classes for IT certifications 3 months ago, have passed both tests thus far with 6 more to go
Crazy decade to say the least. I love my career, but am not compensated well enough and its starting to piss me off. Decided to go the IT route, since I have an above entry level knowledge from working in Television for over a decade. I've also achieved both things I set out to do in this field; win a National Sports Emmy (5) & work a Super Bowl (3). So, time to move on.