Poll: Super early 2024 Democrat Presidential nominee poll

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 4:27 PM

This one is a lot harder to think of choices. Who ya got?

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 4:32 PM

No weekend at Bernie's?

Seems like it would be Buttigieg's to lose.  Also, if Republicans did nominate Haley or Noem, then you just know the Dems will outwoke them by going with the gay guy.

Thu, Oct 28, 2021 4:45 PM

I'm betting Bernie is done. He's already 80.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 4:47 PM

If Buttigieg isn't still on maternity leave, I'll bet he's the one.  He was mayor of a shithole city in Indiana, plus he worked at McKinsey, so I'd say he's perfect for the job.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 5:12 PM

No one on that list; if it is anyone on that list, the R is winning easily... (unless mail in ballots and ballot harvesting are still in play)

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 5:31 PM

Independents in this country arent interested in Pete.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 7:23 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

If Buttigieg isn't still on maternity leave, I'll bet he's the one.  He was mayor of a shithole city in Indiana, plus he worked at McKinsey, so I'd say he's perfect for the job.

Math checks out

gut Senior Member
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 7:24 PM
posted by Fletch

Independents in this country arent interested in Pete.

Yeah, but the independents don't choose the Dem nominee

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 8:34 PM

I voted other. Those choices are terrible. I may have misread the question bc only Buttiegeg could possibly be a nominee, but he’s horrible too. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 28, 2021 10:17 PM

They are not going to primary president Harris

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 29, 2021 8:50 AM

If Biden is alive, it's Biden. If he's dead, most likely Kamala. 

Absolute chaos scenario - Biden dies 6 weeks before the election and the DNC runs Whitmer or KLB or someone equally woke with Kamala as the VP.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 29, 2021 12:46 PM

Biden has said he wouldn't run, and a majority of people already think he isn't fit for the job.  But, in all seriousness, if he's still alive his family has to eat....

I also wouldn't put it past Bernie to throw his hat in.  Nothing to do with winning and, again, all about the money.

Kamala is going to feel like the entitled annointed one, and it will be entertaining to see how the woke crowd uncomfortably tries to justify supporting someone else.

Hate to say it, but if Biden and Bernie are out of the picture, it might be Warren vs. Buttigieg representing the two most popular choices in the Dem party - bat shit vs. shit.

Sat, Nov 20, 2021 9:50 PM

gut Senior Member
Sat, Nov 20, 2021 10:00 PM

It's a long ways away, but unless his approval ratings improve dramatically I imagine he'll have a few primary challengers.  The flip side is, if things aren't going well and the tide leans heavily Republican, no rising stars are going sign on to be John McCain in 2008 .  That would be a job for Bernie.

Also, I continue to see comments from Tulsi Gabbard, along with regular appearances on Fox, that indicate to me she's leaving the Democrat party.  I still think she's positioning herself as a Libertarian, but in any event she's clearly moving to the right of the Dem's so-called moderate wing.  I'd bet if she was the only Dem to challenge Biden, she'd still lose handily even if his approval ratings were in the tank.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 1:36 AM
posted by gut

It's a long ways away, but unless his approval ratings improve dramatically I imagine he'll have a few primary challengers.  The flip side is, if things aren't going well and the tide leans heavily Republican, no rising stars are going sign on to be John McCain in 2008 .  That would be a job for Bernie.

Also, I continue to see comments from Tulsi Gabbard, along with regular appearances on Fox, that indicate to me she's leaving the Democrat party.  I still think she's positioning herself as a Libertarian, but in any event she's clearly moving to the right of the Dem's so-called moderate wing.  I'd bet if she was the only Dem to challenge Biden, she'd still lose handily even if his approval ratings were in the tank.

If it was Biden/DeSantis right now, it would be a blood bath. 

gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 2:45 AM
posted by like_that

If it was Biden/DeSantis right now, it would be a blood bath. 

DeSantis couldn't beat Trump.

I liked DeSantis, briefly.  But he quickly went from rational leader to politard.  He's just selling a more polished version of the Trump platform.  Not that I think he's buying what he's selling.  He's slightly less fake than Kamala [read: full of shit].

Harvard educated and I have no doubt he's brilliant.  But he's not a leader, just another psychopath pandering to an extremist base that the majority of the country isn't aligned with.

I could say the same for Kristi Noem.  She did basically everything right throughout the pandemic.  But as her national profile increased, she went a little bat shit with the pandering.

On the flipside, same could be said of Gov. Whitmer in Michigan.  Briefly a contender for VP...but yet another example of not a leader making tough decisions, but pandering to the base.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login