Covid-19 discussion, continued...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 8, 2021 6:03 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Turning into Australia ....

So there is a pandemic, healthcare crisis, hospitals supposedly overrun, and the plan is to fire medical professionals? K
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Sep 8, 2021 9:14 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/medical-professionals-in-dc-could-lose-their-licenses-if-they-dont-get-vaccinated-by-the-end-of-september/ar-AAOeCTR?ocid=msedgntp

Turning into Australia ....

There’s nothing new about this.  Many organizations in the medical field have long required employees (not just doctors) to get flu shots every year.   Same mentality here.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 10:56 AM

mainstream media call fda about to eat horse food quaker oats

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 11:47 AM

The hospitals SE Ohio are getting filled up with COVID patients. Apparently, SOMC is out of ICU beds as they are filled with COVID patients. They are turning away patients and routine procedures now. I have a few friends that work there that are unloading their frustrations online. 

About 95% of the COVID patients are unvaccinated as well. 

That said, I have two older family members, both vaccinated, that have been in the hospital with COVID. One made it out. The other is touch and go right now. 

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 11:57 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The hospitals SE Ohio are getting filled up with COVID patients. Apparently, SOMC is out of ICU beds as they are filled with COVID patients. They are turning away patients and routine procedures now. I have a few friends that work there that are unloading their frustrations online. 

That said, I have two older family members, both vaccinated, that have been in the hospital with COVID. One made it out. The other is touch and go right now. 

You seem to have friends and close confidants in virtually every sphere of life .  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:01 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You seem to have friends and close confidants in virtually every sphere of life . 

He's moderate AND worldly!

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:03 PM
posted by gut

He's moderate AND worldly!

Three degrees of P-Town

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:10 PM

Remember when we built all of the temporary hospitals last year because we were going to overrun the healthcare system and then none of them were ever used?

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:25 PM
posted by justincredible

Remember when we built all of the temporary hospitals last year because we were going to overrun the healthcare system and then none of them were ever used?

There was a newscast from a stadium in Seattle converted to a field hospital.  A nurse told the reporter “People are completely unprepared for how much death we’ll soon be seeing here.”  They had something like 1,500 beds and the gist of the report was how long until those were filled and they were forced to go to yet another field hospital location  

Number of beds used in that fi led hospital: ZERO

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:29 PM

That’s the area he’s from….I can backup his claim about the hospitals around here. A guy I know his whole family is positive and he was in the hospital for Covid and was given two days of infusion and released because others are worse and they need the beds….no way should he have been released. I have an aunt that works in the hospital ptown mentions….she’s said the same things. I know many at Holzer and Adena…..2 big hospital names of southern Ohio and both are struggling to keep up

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:29 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Better tell your buddies working at the overcrowded hospitals to call Rolling Stone.  They had a great hard-hitting piece on how Oklahoma ERs were turning away gunshot victims because they were overrun with Covid patients.  Unfortunately that story was proven false  But I bet they’d be happy to truck over to SE Ohio for a redemption opportunity.  

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:35 PM

Better tell your buddies working at the overcrowded hospitals to call Rolling Stone.  They had a great hard-hitting piece on how Oklahoma ERs were turning away gunshot victims because they were overrun with Covid patients.  Unfortunately that story was proven false  But I bet they’d be happy to truck over to SE Ohio for a redemption opportunity.  

Pretty sure they said they were overrun with hOrSe DeWoRmEr overdoses.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:42 PM

They had a great hard-hitting piece on how Oklahoma ERs were turning away gunshot victims because they were overrun with Covid patients.

That story truly illustrates the extremely sad state of the media today.

Any rational non-idiot should be highly suspicious of a story about hospitals turning away gunshot victims.  Even if you had credible sources telling you that, you'd still have to believe there was something missing (like maybe the victim was transferred to a Trauma 1 hospital because this hospital wasn't equipped to treat him).

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:48 PM

If these medical professionals were actually treating patients with theraputics that they have at hand, people wouldnt be in the hospitals.

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 1:01 PM

Well, Portsmouth is my hometown and I have high school friends that work in the hospitals. 

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 1:02 PM
posted by Ironman92

That’s the area he’s from….I can backup his claim about the hospitals around here. A guy I know his whole family is positive and he was in the hospital for Covid and was given two days of infusion and released because others are worse and they need the beds….no way should he have been released. I have an aunt that works in the hospital ptown mentions….she’s said the same things. I know many at Holzer and Adena…..2 big hospital names of southern Ohio and both are struggling to keep up

Yeah. I did not think it was that bad and then SOMC and my friends that work there started posting the numbers. They are worse than they were in December January timeframe. 

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 1:03 PM

Three degrees of P-Town

I do what I can ha

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 1:03 PM
posted by Fletch

If these medical professionals were actually treating patients with theraputics that they have at hand, people wouldnt be in the hospitals.

As someone who had a close relative in the hospital with it for 2 weeks and one that is currently in the hospital and not looking good...fuck off. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 1:25 PM

This could get interesting. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login