Covid-19 discussion, continued...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 3:32 PM
posted by justincredible

20 people? Sounds risky. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Just kidding. Hope you feel better and have a good time.

I m not scared to live my life lol and it is another persons 40th also and that’s what they wanted 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 3:33 PM

Someone on my Facebook was shaming all the men in the video for sitting by letting this happen. Like she was being harassed in a bar by some drunk idiot instead of being arrested by a police officer. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

In wrestling with the woman, the cop's mask was down/off.  Kind of ironic.  

Also the female cop that came in after to walk them out wasn't wearing a mask at all.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:16 PM
posted by kizer permanente

sHe ShOuLdA cOmPLiEd

She should have, if she did she wouldn't have got tased.

That doesn't make what he did right though.

Right now, OHSAA mandates masks at all games. If OHSAA mandates it, the schools mandate it, regardless of social distancing, etc.  As much as I am all for "muh rights!" and not wearing a mask. If you want the "privilege" of being allowed into a high school football stadium (their place, not yours) you have to follow the rules or they can have you removed.

It sucks, trust me I think it is stupid, but just like walking into a Walmart, they can ask me to leave if I don't wear a mask because it is "their rule".

I do believe its stupid at outdoor sporting events as well, but right now OHSAA and DeWine will shut down high school sports if the "mandates" aren't complied with. I want my high school son to have his wrestling season this year so I will "comply" while I watch my JH son play football.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:18 PM
posted by justincredible

What's the fine on something like this? The mask mandate is not a law, so law enforcement shouldn't be involved. This is a health department issue.

The owner of a private establishment that follows the "mandate" is allowed to ask you to leave. If you refuse then it is trespassing and the law can be involved.

Now, high schools are technically not privately owned, they are public land so there is where it gets "sticky".

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:20 PM
posted by justincredible

If someone with a little sense just thought for a minute and said, you know, she's not hurting anyone, just let it go.

Did they let her in without a mask? Why wasn't she stopped at the gate? 

She had a mask (it was in her back pocket in the video). She walked in with it on, took it off when she got to her seat away from non-family members.

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:20 PM

So a school should risk a lawsuit cause u don’t want to wear a mask? Also it’s funny that people are like just comply unless they agree with the reason you don’t 🤡

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:21 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Holy shit. You are, by far, the biggest moron on this planet. 

The school has a rule, she didn’t follow it. You are blaming the fucking person at the gate for letting her in and the security/school/police for not just letting it go, INSTEAD of the dipshit inbred who refuses to follow simple instructions (wear a mask)? 

You are the biggest MUHHHHHH RIIIGGHHHTTTSS loser out there, so congrats! 

Awe, we missed our village idiot.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:25 PM
posted by geeblock

On a side note since this is a covid thread. I def have a sinus infection or something and I am taking a covid test on the 29th so that I can enter Jamaica on 10/8 for my girls 40th birthday celebration. We have about 20 people going and it is like 2k per person. I did pay 200$ insurance in case of covid or any other misfortune, but I am going to be devastated if I can’t go because of covid. I def have not been social distancing that great. I have bar hopped the last two Sunday’s from 11 am till 6 ish. Pray for me lol. I’m 99 percent sure it’s not covid I think 

Hope you feel better. Having watched most of my close family have COVID back in April, it isn't fun, but it isn't terrible either. 

Its a weird combination of the flu and a common cold. Its worse than a cold, not as bad as a bad flu. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:26 PM
posted by geeblock

So a school should risk a lawsuit cause u don’t want to wear a mask? Also it’s funny that people are like just comply unless they agree with the reason you don’t 🤡

Who are you talking to here?

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:49 PM
posted by jmog

Who are you talking to here?

I’m also interested in knowing this. 

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:53 PM

Anyone?

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:54 PM

Wasn’t personal just in gener

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 10:20 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Holy shit. You are, by far, the biggest moron on this planet. 

The school has a rule, she didn’t follow it. You are blaming the fucking person at the gate for letting her in and the security/school/police for not just letting it go, INSTEAD of the dipshit inbred who refuses to follow simple instructions (wear a mask)? 

You are the biggest MUHHHHHH RIIIGGHHHTTTSS loser out there, so congrats! 

Your journey toward becoming a woke Chicago hipster has been moving along well, but you regressed here.  A woke urbanite who is highly educated and expertly informed knows better than to stereotype someone because of the location a story comes from (southern Ohio).  Woke 101 teaches to have pitty on those less fortunate. 

Next time your sipping on a Chicago designer beer, try to pass a nice thought towards those you left behind in Athens when you soared out of there and made it all the way to (drumroll) CHICAGO, ILLINOIS!!!!!

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 11:13 PM

Your journey toward becoming a woke Chicago hipster has been moving along well, but you regressed here.  A woke urbanite who is highly educated and expertly informed knows better than to stereotype someone because of the location a story comes from (southern Ohio).  Woke 101 teaches to have pitty on those less fortunate. 

Next time your sipping on a Chicago designer beer, try to pass a nice thought towards those you left behind in Athens when you soared out of there and made it all the way to (drumroll) CHICAGO, ILLINOIS!!!!!

Dude, what in the fucking hell does this even mean? 

(Please don’t answer that..I don’t actually care. You’re also a fucking loser)

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 11:33 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I’m also interested in knowing this. 

I think we all said she should comply if she didn’t want tased...are you reading a different thread than the rest of us?

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 7:45 AM
posted by jmog

I think we all said she should comply if she didn’t want tased...are you reading a different thread than the rest of us?

I was echoing what you were saying, that I wanted to know who geeblock was referring to...

ts1227 Senior Member
12,351 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 25, 2020 10:01 AM
posted by justincredible

If someone with a little sense just thought for a minute and said, you know, she's not hurting anyone, just let it go.

Did they let her in without a mask? Why wasn't she stopped at the gate? 

I don’t know if you’re friends with GoChiefs on Facebook but he’s been sharing some local interpretations of the event since he grew up in Logan.

It seems she had it on when she went in, and before the cameras rolled was supposedly asked multiple times to comply once it was off. Once she didn’t, some admin at Logan-Hocking decided to trespass her ass, so enter law enforcement. We all saw how it went from there.

Like like_that said, we don’t have to think of it as binary, it would have been nice to handle it without a taser, but also don’t be a fucking asshole to the cop (especially in this case where it was well understood why he was interacting with her and what the offense was) and don’t even give him that option. I feel zero remorse for the lady.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 25, 2020 10:40 AM

Now that's pretty good!

Remember though, the woke still dislike, and will not rub shoulders with the 'less educated'. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Sep 25, 2020 10:58 AM

I lol'd

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login