Covid-19 discussion, continued...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 12:59 PM
posted by justincredible

Got it. My bad.

Hocking County. 28k people, 9 deaths.

It’s interesting to see that the biggest determinate to Covid is population density not that it wasn’t noted many times alr

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 12:59 PM
posted by geeblock

The schools have their own policies tho?

Sure, and that's fine. But I still think this entire episode is absolute nonsense. 

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:02 PM

If someone with a little sense just thought for a minute and said, you know, she's not hurting anyone, just let it go.

Did they let her in without a mask? Why wasn't she stopped at the gate? 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:11 PM
posted by justincredible

If someone with a little sense just thought for a minute and said, you know, she's not hurting anyone, just let it go.

Holy shit. You are, by far, the biggest moron on this planet. 

The school has a rule, she didn’t follow it. You are blaming the fucking person at the gate for letting her in and the security/school/police for not just letting it go, INSTEAD of the dipshit inbred who refuses to follow simple instructions (wear a mask)? 

You are the biggest MUHHHHHH RIIIGGHHHTTTSS loser out there, so congrats! 

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:12 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Holy shit. You are, by far, the biggest moron on this planet. 

The school has a rule, she didn’t follow it. You are blaming the fucking person at the gate for letting her in and the security/school/police for not just letting it go, INSTEAD of the dipshit inbred who refuses to follow simple instructions (wear a mask)? 

You are the biggest MUHHHHHH RIIIGGHHHTTTSS loser out there, so congrats! 

Thanks. I was asking a question on how she got in. I missed you.

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:13 PM

I said nothing about MUH RIGHTS, by the way. 

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:17 PM

And maybe the gate person was the one who called the cops. I don't know.

I just think the escalation is ridiculous. Sorry that makes me the biggest moron on the planet. Even more so than the lady that got tazed, apparently. Cool.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:22 PM

So the guy in the video in white is a school board member that likely moved over there to monitor the situation and another school official went to the scene and it still went that far.

At some point all the adults in the video should have never let it get to that.  I will first blame the school officials, then the police then the family.

The lady sittting thre with her family not around anyone shouldnt be tased.

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:26 PM

Btw, putting on my mask to run to Kroger. Because MUH RIGHTS and everything...

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:31 PM
posted by justincredible

One of the articles I read said the mask was in her pocket fwiw

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:34 PM
posted by geeblock

One of the articles I read said the mask was in her pocket fwiw

Thanks for not screaming at me.

Should she have put it on? Yes. Should it have escalated like it did? No.

That's the only thing I'm trying to say. I can't believe it's a controversial opinion to think people shouldn't be tazed at a jr high football game for such a minor thing. But it's 2020 and everyone has lost their mind so whatever.

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:35 PM
posted by Spock

So the guy in the video in white is a school board member that likely moved over there to monitor the situation and another school official went to the scene and it still went that far.

At some point all the adults in the video should have never let it get to that.  I will first blame the school officials, then the police then the family.

The lady sittting thre with her family not around anyone shouldnt be tased.

Man can’t believe u don’t support the police all of the sudden weird. Not that different from Alton sterling selling cd’s, mike brown jaywalking, Sandra bland not putting out her cigarette, selling loose cigarettes, walking with a hoodie on( Elijah McLain not Treyvon), no horn on your bicycle,the list goes on. These things have one thing in common with this story. All of the people felt like they were being harass over something trivial  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:45 PM
posted by geeblock

Man can’t believe u don’t support the police all of the sudden weird. Not that different from Alton sterling selling cd’s, mike brown jaywalking, Sandra bland not putting out her cigarette, selling loose cigarettes, walking with a hoodie on( Elijah McLain not Treyvon), no horn on your bicycle,the list goes on. These things have one thing in common with this story. All of the people felt like they were being harass over something trivial  

I'll ask again.  Why does anyone have to pick between the two arguments?

-She shouldn't have been tazed for something this minor.

-If she complied, she probably doesn't get tazed. 

This family could have gone to a restaurant in the area before or after the game, sat indoors, all without masks, and everything is cool. No problem at all.

The same situation, sitting with her family, this time outside (where the risk is, what, zero?), at a football game, and she gets tazed and arrested. It makes total sense to me but I'm the biggest moron in the world so...

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
posted by justincredible

Spongebob-type is typically used to make fun of the statement being made. I apologize if you were serious.

Lol I’m jk
like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:47 PM
posted by justincredible

This family could have gone to a restaurant in the area before or after the game, sat indoors, all without masks, and everything is cool. No problem at all.

The same situation, sitting with her family, this time outside (where the risk is, what, zero?), at a football game, and she gets tazed and arrested. It makes total sense to me but I'm the biggest moron in the world so...

I think it's more hilarious (or sad), that people think "muh rights" is a good attack. 

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:50 PM
posted by like_that

I think it's more hilarious (or sad), that people think "muh rights" is a good attack. 

Look at the source. He goes cross-eyed whenever he disagrees with someone over the smallest thing. Somehow, in 30+ years, he hasn't learned that not everyone thinks the same way, has the same life experiences, etc. 

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:50 PM
posted by like_that

I'll ask again.  Why does anyone have to pick between the two arguments?

-She shouldn't have been tazed for something this minor.

-If she complied, she probably doesn't get tazed. 

I been saying this about almost every single case? Sure they all could have complied and also the police are out harassing people and on power trips. They abuse people of all races. Imo they abuse black people more but we have too many laws and too much power given to the police. If you drive without a seatbelt you lose all your rights at a traffic stop. They can basically say whatever they want pull you out of your car search it for no reason and it’s completely within the law 

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 3:17 PM

On a side note since this is a covid thread. I def have a sinus infection or something and I am taking a covid test on the 29th so that I can enter Jamaica on 10/8 for my girls 40th birthday celebration. We have about 20 people going and it is like 2k per person. I did pay 200$ insurance in case of covid or any other misfortune, but I am going to be devastated if I can’t go because of covid. I def have not been social distancing that great. I have bar hopped the last two Sunday’s from 11 am till 6 ish. Pray for me lol. I’m 99 percent sure it’s not covid I think 

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 3:22 PM

20 people? Sounds risky. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Just kidding. Hope you feel better and have a good time.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login