2023 NFL Regular Season

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 4:04 PM

So PIT will get the winner of BUF/MIA?  Should be the 5th straight blowout playoff loss for Tomlin.  Especially since it seems unlikely Watt will play.

UNLESS the NFWWE decides the briefly bealeagured Tomlin, who used 3 different QBs and needed help to get into the playoffs enroute to a SB, is too good of a story to pass up...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 4:10 PM
posted by gut

So PIT will get the winner of BUF/MIA?  Should be the 5th straight blowout playoff loss for Tomlin.  Especially since it seems unlikely Watt will play.

UNLESS the NFWWE decides the briefly bealeagured Tomlin, who used 3 different QBs and needed help to get into the playoffs enroute to a SB, is too good of a story to pass up...

If Miami wins, wouldn't it be KC? Pittsburgh had the "make the playoffs" tiebreaker over Buffalo, so I'd think if they had the same record, they'd be 6 and Buffalo would be 7.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 4:32 PM

gut you are tough to handle in these situations 

The AFC gets 7 teams in the playoffs and Pittsburgh is the 7th best team. I’m miserable to watch a game with but are you ever happy? Did you celebrate when Watt was injured so they can more likely get blown out in the playoffs,

Yes I can be upset they held on to Canada so long. 

Yes I can hate that Tomlin is conservative with going along with Canada.

Yes I want the Steelers to be competitors in the playoffs and not participants 

Yes I can blame Tomlin for going with  Trubisky

Yes I can blame Tomlin for the way Diontae and Pickens have acted like children

Yes I can blame for every negative thing that has happened this season and past seasons.

But for fuck sakes Jesus Christ they just earned a playoff spot, won 10 games and rattled off a clutch final 3 games with a 3rd string QB a completely decimated defensive backfield and had to compete in the toughest division in football and went 5-1…..and did it with 1…. ONE legitimate Pro Bowl player. Tomlin isn’t the devil and I’m sorry that he slept with your wife, but he adjusted and deserves a lot of credit for the successes.

Crack a smile for 9 seconds and quit being insufferable.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 4:44 PM

Dolphins win- rematch with Bills

Bills win- Dolphins play KC and Bills play Steelers. 

Per Schefter

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 5:04 PM
posted by Ironman92

Crack a smile for 9 seconds and quit being insufferable.

The team will continue being insufferable in the post season until Tomlin is gone. Period.

Tomlin is an average coach that has been given above average talent.  He won his only SB serving an apprenticeship while Cowher's coaches and players carried him to a title (one, incidentally, that required not one but TWO of the greatest plays in SB history and still had to hang on at the end).

He hires shitty coaches.  He is ultra conservative and completely lacking in innovation.  He's not capable of building a championship contender, and has been failing at it for over a decade now.

I'm tired of suffering through ugly wins week after week, year after year with no hope of doing anything in the playoffs.  Until Tomlin is finally gone, I will continue to bitch about the most overrated coach in all sports history.  Barry Switzer would have done just as much in PIT as Tomlin has.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 5:40 PM
posted by gut

The team will continue being insufferable in the post season until Tomlin is gone. Period.

Tomlin is an average coach that has been given above average talent.  He won his only SB serving an apprenticeship while Cowher's coaches and players carried him to a title (one, incidentally, that required not one but TWO of the greatest plays in SB history and still had to hang on at the end).

He hires shitty coaches.  He is ultra conservative and completely lacking in innovation.  He's not capable of building a championship contender, and has been failing at it for over a decade now.

I'm tired of suffering through ugly wins week after week, year after year with no hope of doing anything in the playoffs.  Until Tomlin is finally gone, I will continue to bitch about the most overrated coach in all sports history.  Barry Switzer would have done just as much in PIT as Tomlin has.

I know man…you’ve posted this several times. We get it.

I hate David Bell…and he’ll drive me insane every year most every game….but if he gets the Reds into the playoffs with one legitimate all-star. I’ll be happy, even though short lived.

With or without Watt I don’t think Steelers can compete at all with the Bills, Dolphins…..the Chiefs receivers would actually catch the ball and blow us out. Fighters chance knowing the Ravens and Browns but without Watt unlikely.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 5:43 PM

This Eagles collapse is something else. Game is far from over but geesh

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 6:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

With or without Watt I don’t think Steelers can compete at all with the Bills, Dolphins…..the Chiefs receivers would actually catch the ball and blow us out. Fighters chance knowing the Ravens and Browns but without Watt unlikely.

Too many years of disappointment, and I gave up hoping for better outcomes some time ago.  His teams frequently start slow in the playoffs and get boat raced, and it's understandable if you just believe the many times Tomlin has said he likes to ease into the game and probe what the other team is doing.  And then they get curb stomped because the other team has the coaching and talent to exploit his simple schemes and unimaginative approach.

His checker playing works well in the regular season, but in the playoffs the game is chess.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 6:48 PM

I don’t think the Bears coach makes it through the league wide coaching chsnged

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 6:53 PM

Man on one of the pregame shows today (I think ESPN) one of the guys just went off on refs not protecting Justin Fields like they do everyone else….then Fields slides feet first and gets smoked by Packers guy and his head slams off the field. No penalty, nothing. Two plays later same refs make Fields leave the field during their drive to go get checked for con

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 7:31 PM
posted by Ironman92

Man on one of the pregame shows today (I think ESPN) one of the guys just went off on refs not protecting Justin Fields like they do everyone else….then Fields slides feet first and gets smoked by Packers guy and his head slams off the field. No penalty, nothing. Two plays later same refs make Fields leave the field during their drive to go get checked for con

Zach Wilson took some hits like that as well. Jets went something like 18 games in a row without a RTP call in their favor.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 8:13 PM

posted by Ironman92

I know man…you’ve posted this several times. We get it.

I hate David Bell…and he’ll drive me insane every year most every game….but if he gets the Reds into the playoffs with one legitimate all-star. I’ll be happy, even though short lived.

I'm just in "enjoy the ride" mode now because a couple weeks ago, I thought they had barely above zero chance of making the postseason and it was more a question of whether they'd be above or below .500 with the odds favoring below due to minor details like back-to-back losses to two of the shittiest teams in the league. But, for whatever reason, Rudolph picked up the QB play and the team suddenly got extremely effective running the ball.

Don't think they'll do much in the playoffs, but if they can continue to run the ball and Rudolph can avoid mistakes and they don't pull a "vs. Cleveland" of a couple years ago and get buried before I'm even one beer into the game, I don't think they'll be an easy out. Although the potential of opening with Buffalo is concerning, as I think they're as dangerous as anyone in the conference. Didn't think I'd be saying this coming into this year, but I'd rather see KC than them because their offense has looked very pedestrian by their recent standards for much of this season. But there is so much parity (I mean, depending on tonight, Buffalo is either #2 or #7) that I think it's tough to truly discount anyone.

My main hope is that, going forward, they use these last few weeks as a springboard. Rudolph was the only QB who truly has performed this year, so he should start as the #1 and Pickett should have to out-perform him (barring the clock striking midnight on his current good play). Whatever they're doing with the run game needs to continue. WRs need to keep performing and there better be little to no tolerance for them taking plays off and openly sulking because they aren't getting their touches. Defense just needs to get healthier. Way too many names missing way too much time. They've done a good job of next man up-ing the situation, especially at LB, where I think they're down to third-string XFL guys playing integral roles.

They're not where I'd want them to be performance-wise, but I don't know how many fanbases can say that about their team. And going 5-1 in the best division this year is pretty good for not being where I'd want them to be.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 8:19 PM

Calling for 10 degrees in KC next week….but I’ll keep my prediction that those god awful KC receivers (that cost the Chiefs 3 wins) face the Steelers in 10 degree weather they’ll have Cris Carter hands somehow 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 8:24 PM

Hoping for a Dolphins win tonight so they will have to face Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh would beat Miami but get boat raced by Buffalo. If the Browns should win, which I'm iffy on, that wound ensure a home game for the Browns versus Buffalo (assuming they beat KC) while Pittsburgh would go to Baltimore.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 8:26 PM

I have to say, I’m impressed with what the Steelers have done this year. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 8:38 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Hoping for a Dolphins win tonight so they will have to face Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh would beat Miami but get boat raced by Buffalo. If the Browns should win, which I'm iffy on, that wound ensure a home game for the Browns versus Buffalo (assuming they beat KC) while Pittsburgh would go to Baltimore.

That’s a lot of hoping. No Watt + awful defensive backfield vs Tyreke and the 4x100 team.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 9:13 PM

Lol…..quite the highlight!

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 9:47 PM

Wow…what a finish to the half

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 10:27 PM

FFS Josh Allen is such a turnover machine. Idk who they play if they lose, Pittsburgh or KC, but they have to like their odds.

Oh it’s a rematch if Miami wins. Well whatever then. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 7, 2024 10:51 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

FFS Josh Allen is such a turnover machine. Idk who they play if they lose, Pittsburgh or KC, but they have to like their odds.

Oh it’s a rematch if Miami wins. Well whatever then. 

If they win they are the 2 seed (after being 5-6 with toughest schedule and a 1% to make playoffs)…and would face the Steelers

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login