Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:06 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Would be nice if someone on the committee could reconcile the following:

"You'd need nukes and fighter jets to overthrow the government."

"Boomers who trespassed at the Capitol almost overthrew the government."

Same people.

Good point.  Let’s put it this way, the government was closer to collapse when Bush Sr. threw up on the Japanese prime minister and passed out in his chair than when a bunch of Trump nuts who were looking to beat up Chuck Schumer broke windows in the capital.   I’d like to think our government can withstand the offensive of QAnon Shaman  

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:35 PM
posted by iclfan2

I just looked up both of Biden’s Twitter accounts. He’s said nothing about it. I’m sure they condemn it just like an entire summer of mostly peaceful protests. 

Come on Google it. 

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:40 PM
posted by jmog

Did I say they supported violence? If not then be smarter and don’t put words in my mouth.

I said they supported protesting outside of the justices homes, which is 100% factual information and is actually illegal to do since you can not protest at a judge/justices house to influence a case.

Try again, you couldn’t be more wrong.

Point out where I said they supported violence, if you can’t just admit you were wrong…again.

It is not illegal to protest on a sidewalk, peacefully, which is what they were doing. 

Were you referring to violence? I assumed so, given the news yesterday. So, if you were not, my bad. 

I do hope you are not lumping in people that were protesting peacefully with the crazy that was arrested. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:40 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Come on Google it. 

I have Twitter, dummy. You still fail to mention how fucked up that is. You’re a super lib and somehow think you aren’t. Lawls. 

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:42 PM
posted by like_that

Im just shocked to see the media burying an attempted murder of a justice and his family. 

Did they? It was still on the front page of new sites and in the news.

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:43 PM
posted by iclfan2

I have Twitter, dummy. You still fail to mention how fucked up that is. You’re a super lib and somehow think you aren’t. Lawls. 

You are the one that apparently cannot simply see the statement that was released. 

That's on you. 

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:47 PM

It was not. 

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 6:50 PM

It is not illegal to protest on a sidewalk, peacefully, which is what they were doing. 

Were you referring to violence? I assumed so, given the news yesterday. So, if you were not, my bad. 

I do hope you are not lumping in people that were protesting peacefully with the crazy that was arrested.

You literally can’t protest a judges house. Not shocked you approve of it. Would be a shame if they all got got. Have fun watching the dumbass Jan 6 commission that no one cares about. Inflation rate coming out tomorrow, all that matters. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 7:04 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I’d like to think our government can withstand the offensive of QAnon Shaman 

I'd just be leery of putting up a bunch of "vote for [blank]" ads in your yard because you might get flagged for amassing an arsenal to overthrow the govt....because, you know, a sign post is practically an AR-15 in the hands of a Trump supporter.
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 7:14 PM

You don’t get to protest supreme court justices you idiot. I laugh everyday at the thought you think you’re a moderate. You’re a lib like all of your friends. Still funny you don’t see it

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 7:20 PM
posted by iclfan2

It was not. 

It was all day yesterday and earlier today as typical with a story of that magnitude.

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 7:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

You don’t get to protest supreme court justices you idiot. I laugh everyday at the thought you think you’re a moderate. You’re a lib like all of your friends. Still funny you don’t see it

You know what, you are correct and I am wrong. I assumed,  like most public officials, you could protest outside their home. But, there is a law that prohibits that after further review.

That makes Biden's and Democrats statements in support of those protests outside the house wrong.

Missed that one. 

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 8:27 PM

You know what, you are correct and I am wrong. I assumed,  like most public officials, you could protest outside their home. But, there is a law that prohibits that after further review.

That makes Biden's and Democrats statements in support of those protests outside the house wrong.

Missed that one. 

I’m sorry for calling you an idiot as you’re obviously educated. But some of the news sources are just frustrating. The problem is there is never going to be a middle ground. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 8:50 PM

It is not legal to protest on a sidewalk in front of a justices house with the intent to change/intimidate a ruling. It’s a federal crime.

You couldn’t be more wrong, again.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 9:32 PM
posted by jmog

It is not legal to protest on a sidewalk in front of a justices house with the intent to change/intimidate a ruling. It’s a federal crime.

Interestingly enough, I forget who it was but I believe a conservative legal scholar the other day was saying the constitutionality of that law might not pass muster.

Certainly the right to protest is fundamental to free speech.  It's protected speech.  And it can be argued people have a right to be heard and express their views.  Can't just assume the exercise of those rights defaults to intimidation or coercion.

Protests outside the court I don't think anyone disagrees are plainly constitutional.  I don't think protesting outside someone's home, for any reason, should be tolerated (consider the neighbors, for starters).  But I don't think that's inherently illegal, as it was repeatedly tested [without recourse] during the summer of BLM.

Just saying if you can protest outside the Governor's home, it's seems like there should be a way to do it legally outside a SCOTUS justice home.  And it's arguably no different if the duly-elected Governor is about to sign a controversial bill.  I don't agree with either, but I'm not sure where the law or constitution could make a distinction.

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 9:45 PM
posted by gut

Interestingly enough, I forget who it was but I believe a conservative legal scholar the other day was saying the constitutionality of that law might not pass muster.

Certainly the right to protest is fundamental to free speech.  It's protected speech.  And it can be argued people have a right to be heard and express their views.  Can't just assume the exercise of those rights defaults to intimidation or coercion.

Protests outside the court I don't think anyone disagrees are plainly constitutional.  I don't think protesting outside someone's home, for any reason, should be tolerated (consider the neighbors, for starters).  But I don't think that's inherently illegal, as it was repeatedly tested [without recourse] during the summer of BLM.

Just saying if you can protest outside the Governor's home, it's seems like there should be a way to do it legally outside a SCOTUS justice home.  And it's arguably no different if the duly-elected Governor is about to sign a controversial bill.  I don't agree with either, but I'm not sure where the law or constitution could make a distinction.

Yeah, I just assumed Justices were like other public figures, and nope that is not the case. 

I also saw where it was questionable if it could hold up, but technically it is illegal. 

You mentioned the summer of BLM, I would also say anti-COVID protests at like Amy Acton's house. 

I'm with you in your last point as well. 

Thu, Jun 9, 2022 9:47 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m sorry for calling you an idiot as you’re obviously educated. But some of the news sources are just frustrating. The problem is there is never going to be a middle ground. 

All good. 

Maybe not a middle ground, but at least understanding someone's perspective. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jun 9, 2022 11:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol u only agree with Twitter when it fits you btw

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 12:07 AM
posted by geeblock

Lol u only agree with Twitter when it fits you btw

Kind of like you and anything that doesn't support blacks as victims.

Chicago says hello.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 1:22 AM

Which sites? I checked numerous liberal leaning media sites and it was nowhere to be found on their front page. To be fair, I checked about 9 hours after the story came out. Obviously it’s time to move on after 9 hours.

I love how the left legitimately believes there is no media bias. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login