Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 5:49 AM
posted by gut

Kind of like you and anything that doesn't support blacks as victims.

Chicago says hello.

Chicago. The train that is never late 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 10:13 AM
posted by gut

Interestingly enough, I forget who it was but I believe a conservative legal scholar the other day was saying the constitutionality of that law might not pass muster.

Certainly the right to protest is fundamental to free speech.  It's protected speech.  And it can be argued people have a right to be heard and express their views.  Can't just assume the exercise of those rights defaults to intimidation or coercion.

Protests outside the court I don't think anyone disagrees are plainly constitutional.  I don't think protesting outside someone's home, for any reason, should be tolerated (consider the neighbors, for starters).  But I don't think that's inherently illegal, as it was repeatedly tested [without recourse] during the summer of BLM.

Just saying if you can protest outside the Governor's home, it's seems like there should be a way to do it legally outside a SCOTUS justice home.  And it's arguably no different if the duly-elected Governor is about to sign a controversial bill.  I don't agree with either, but I'm not sure where the law or constitution could make a distinction.

Fully agree.  The peaceful protests should occur near the place of work for the justices, judges, and politicians; never, ever at their homes.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 10:16 AM
posted by gut

So apparently the Dems hired a tv producer for the prime time kangaroo court tonight.  Every major network is covering it (surprisingly including Fox, probably to spin and deflect for their viewers).

This is a new low in kabuki theater.  Hard to imagine if things were reversed that the networks would devote primetime coverage.  To be fair, I think almost every network otherwise had re-runs tonight.

But polling seems to indicate people aren't that concerned with the unscheduled tour on Jan. 6.  I just can't see this event taking place if the media was remotely fair and impartial.

Primetime, made-for-TV, mob justice.  I sure hope we can turn this ship around; where we're headed is not a good place, at all.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 10:27 AM
posted by geeblock

Chicago. The train that is never late 

Your train hasn't been on time your entire life, has it?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 10:52 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Come on Google it. 

OK. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/new-york-times-buries-kavanaugh-assassination-attempt-on-page-a20/

geeblock Member
Fri, Jun 10, 2022 11:40 AM
posted by gut

Your train hasn't been on time your entire life, has it?

Sick burn. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jun 15, 2022 2:35 PM

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1537055474549264384

Bingo.  Climate Marxists won't like this account. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 17, 2022 10:55 AM

Dumbasses. Cue the “but free speech” people.

geeblock Member
Sat, Jun 18, 2022 6:03 PM
posted by iclfan2

Dumbasses. Cue the “but free speech” people.

Not sure if this even belongs in the progressive thread because technically it seems progressives would support the letter in question and the right would disagree. Anyway I don’t know where u work but would you be able to circulate how your boss sucked and pass it around the company for others to sign and stay employed ?  Ur whole post seems flawed 

Sat, Jun 18, 2022 7:23 PM

Dude, the progressives are the idiots that wrote the letter. They got rightfully fired. The progressive dumbasses in life and on Twitter are going to try (and did) argue it was free speech, when it is not. Thought it was pretty obvious. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 18, 2022 8:06 PM
posted by geeblock

Not sure if this even belongs in the progressive thread because technically it seems progressives would support the letter in question and the right would disagree. Anyway I don’t know where u work but would you be able to circulate how your boss sucked and pass it around the company for others to sign and stay employed ?  Ur whole post seems flawed 

I think you misread his post and intent. 

geeblock Member
Sat, Jun 18, 2022 8:12 PM
posted by jmog

I think you misread his post and intent. 

Looks like it. I see it now. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jun 18, 2022 9:12 PM
posted by iclfan2

Dude, the progressives are the idiots that wrote the letter. They got rightfully fired. The progressive dumbasses in life and on Twitter are going to try (and did) argue it was free speech, when it is not. Thought it was pretty obvious. 

It's hard to fathom how small your "bubble" would have to be to think you could write that letter and not get fired.

Similar just happened to a NYT journo that kept trashing management on Twitter for how it chose to discipline a couple of writers.  Despite being an unhinged lunatic, I was still surprised NYT had the guts to fire her.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 19, 2022 10:44 AM
posted by gut

It's hard to fathom how small your "bubble" would have to be to think you could write that letter and not get fired.

Similar just happened to a NYT journo that kept trashing management on Twitter for how it chose to discipline a couple of writers.  Despite being an unhinged lunatic, I was still surprised NYT had the guts to fire her.

Think it was the Washington Post, if you're talking about that Felicia chick who seems to be a total nightmare for anyone, anywhere to associate with for any time. I mean, demanding discipline against a co-worker for retweeting a throwaway joke (all women are bi -- either polar or sexual) and then going on a Twitter rampage against the whole company when another co-worker or two took the "maybe you should step back and chill a bit" tactic towards her is definitely something. That gets even more wacky when you consider that the reporter she wanted destroyed for retweeting a joke had apparently been one of her strongest supporters a ways back when she was pissed off about something else happening there.

Fri, Jun 24, 2022 12:52 PM

Libs biiiiig mad today!! AOC and others already calling for “insurrections”. Get your popcorn ready. 

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jun 24, 2022 12:55 PM
posted by iclfan2

Libs biiiiig mad today!! AOC and others already calling for “insurrections”. Get your popcorn ready. 

It's really the perfect opportunity to illustrate the hypocrisy of the left.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 24, 2022 1:15 PM
posted by iclfan2

Well, the leak was 100% right. The decision also contradicts everything about settled law that the conservative justices stated in their confirmation hearings. 

Liberals screamed back in 2016 Roe v. Wade was going away, and they turned out being right. 

Also, Justice Thomas opinion, just being his, but is everything liberals fear, which is a roll back on other protections. 

Now, we have a land where it is have and have not states. It is about to be outlawed after 6 weeks here in Ohio with minimal to no exceptions.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 24, 2022 1:51 PM

Liberals screamed back in 2016 Roe v. Wade was going away, and they turned out being right. 

You need to talk to Boogie about this.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 24, 2022 1:52 PM

Now, we have a land where it is have and have not states. It is about to be outlawed after 6 weeks here in Ohio with minimal to no exceptions.

Is there something wrong with this?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 24, 2022 2:14 PM
posted by majorspark

Is there something wrong with this?

About to find out.

I know my wife is concerned about her access here in Ohio. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login