OSU Football 2018

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:26 AM
posted by vball10set

Putting the blame on the victim? I just asked the question is all...and btw, you don't know me, so please don't try and judge me, as you have no fucking idea what my history is, or stance is, regarding domestic abuse. If you did, you wouldn't make such an asinine statement (and yes, you hit a nerve, so jimmies are definitely ruffled).

Woah. Lol didn’t mean to strike a cord and I wasn’t judging you. Just that it seems silly to ask how much she got paid to do an interview, obviously insinuating there could be some fault on her telling her story. 

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:27 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Even though there's a lot of evidence indicating that she was not totally truthful about any of the specific incidents being discussed?

What is this evidence of her not being truthful? I’d like to hear them. 

FatHobbit Senior Member
9,058 posts 68 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:41 AM
posted by wildcats20

So here’s what I don’t really get..

Let’s all pretend that Urban knew. Hasn’t it already been reported that the school/proper authorities were notified? So there really isn’t an issue. Other than keeping an alleged spouse abuser on his staff. 

So far, other than maybe lying to the media, I don't see where this has been covered up. Maybe more details will come out or the mob will get him, but I'm not sure why Urban should be fired if no charges were pressed and nobody was found guilty. 

I do find it hilarious how the media acts like he's under some kind of oath to them and they think he should go because he might have lied to them. The OUTRAGE! 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:46 AM
posted by wildcats20

So here’s what I don’t really get..

Let’s all pretend that Urban knew. Hasn’t it already been reported that the school/proper authorities were notified? So there really isn’t an issue. Other than keeping an alleged spouse abuser on his staff. 

posted by FatHobbit

So far, other than maybe lying to the media, I don't see where this has been covered up. Maybe more details will come out or the mob will get him, but I'm not sure why Urban should be fired if no charges were pressed and nobody was found guilty. 

I do find it hilarious how the media acts like he's under some kind of oath to them and they think he should go because he might have lied to them. The OUTRAGE! 

Kind of my thoughts too

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:48 AM

I’m 100% on board with keeping urban. And if I’m Urban and they fire me, I’m suing the shit out of them—and winning a ton of money. 

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:59 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m 100% on board with keeping urban. And if I’m Urban and they fire me, I’m suing the shit out of them—and winning a ton of money. 

If he didn’t report it, they have cause to fire him. It’s written in his contract. And added in the last few years too. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:04 AM

Ohio State took the holier-than-thou route a long time ago.  The school put itself into a position where - I believe - it will have to fire Meyer in order to avoid being complete hypocrites.  

It's funny to me how people get upset about the media creating drama like this.  It is the media and accompanying exposure it brings that makes college football the multi-billion dollar enterprise it is. If you feed at that trough, you can't be upset when get a little shit in your slop.

FatHobbit Senior Member
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:23 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

It's funny to me how people get upset about the media creating drama like this.  It is the media and accompanying exposure it brings that makes college football the multi-billion dollar enterprise it is. If you feed at that trough, you can't be upset when get a little shit in your slop.

Imagine 2 scenarios.

1.Tomorrow there is no more media. Does anyone still go or watch football? 

2. Tomorrow there is no more football. Does anyone still watch or listen to the media? 

FatHobbit Senior Member
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:26 AM

Ohio State took the holier-than-thou route a long time ago.  The school put itself into a position where - I believe - it will have to fire Meyer in order to avoid being complete hypocrites.  

Until I hear that Coach Meyer covered up something the police did not know, I'm not sure how this is on his shoulders. 

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:33 AM
posted by wildcats20

If he didn’t report it, they have cause to fire him. It’s written in his contract. And added in the last few years too. 

I heard on the radio today that someone else was fired for Title IX but sued and won because they weren't a student. I'm not sure if the language of the rules deals with employees of the university or not, just passing along what I heard.

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:36 AM
posted by iclfan2

I heard on the radio today that someone else was fired for Title IX but sued and won because they weren't a student. I'm not sure if the language of the rules deals with employees of the university or not, just passing along what I heard.

I believe Urban’s contract says anyone related to the university. Or whatever he exact language is. 

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:39 AM
posted by wildcats20

I believe Urban’s contract says anyone related to the university. Or whatever he exact language is. 

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:45 AM
posted by wildcats20

Well there you go.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:49 AM

"any known violations"? He may have known what someone claimed, which isn't remotely the same thing.

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:51 AM
posted by FatHobbit

Imagine 2 scenarios.

1.Tomorrow there is no more media. Does anyone still go or watch football? 

2. Tomorrow there is no more football. Does anyone still watch or listen to the media? 

1.Yes they do, but not enough go to pay schools tens of millions of dollars. It would make the sport considerably smaller than it is today.

2.Do they watch or listen to the media in general even though there is no football?  Of course. I'm not sure what you are asking here. 

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:55 AM
posted by FatHobbit

Until I hear that Coach Meyer covered up something the police did not know, I'm not sure how this is on his shoulders. 

From a legal perspective, I completely agree with you.  Unfortunately in this case, the public perception of the school will be the driving force behind the decision ultimately.  The school already fired a good and decent coach because he didn't admit to players getting free tattoos.  Meyer has always been pretty outspoken about doing the right things and how coaches who don't should be fired.  

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 12:01 PM

From a legal perspective, I completely agree with you.  Unfortunately in this case, the public perception of the school will be the driving force behind the decision ultimately.  The school already fired a good and decent coach because he didn't admit to players getting free tattoos.  Meyer has always been pretty outspoken about doing the right things and how coaches who don't should be fired.  

They fired Tress because he broke NCAA rules and caused the football program to have sanctions. The NCAA won’t get involved in this. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 12:24 PM

The shitstorm is getting stronger.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 12:34 PM
posted by Automatik

The shitstorm is getting stronger.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Meh. Definition of shock value right there. Of course he’s an intense dude, almost all college football coaches are. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 2, 2018 12:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Meh. Definition of shock value right there. Of course he’s an intense dude, almost all college football coaches are. 

The minute I saw Project Veritas, I realized I didn't care what was being said or shown.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login