Browns season 2021

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 7:44 PM

Another trash call on the Browns. That holding call was weak as fuck

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:04 PM

You can’t expect to achieve penetration when you only have a Chub.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:04 PM

Coaching once again loses a game. Trash. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:10 PM

Unspeakable coaching decisions there. Just dreadful. Can’t believe with all the guys out, Stefanski is the one who hurt the most.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:17 PM

And now we are toast. 

Oh, wait.  Ironman92 may come up with a scenario. 

This whole season got dictated after game #1. 

So, so disappointing. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:23 PM

I don’t think your out. As a Bengals fan I could see us beating the Ravens next week but losing 2 in a row to the Chiefs and Browns. Browns lose to GB but win the last two. Ravens lose to the Bengals and Rams. So it’s a 3 way tie and I think the tiebreaker goes to Cleveland.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:29 PM
posted by BRF

And now we are toast. 

My guess is 9-8 is a multiple tie-breaker scenario between at least 2-3 teams.

If they win out - which I seriously doubt - pretty sure they're in at 10-7.

At 9-8, we can probably assume they beat PIT and CIN otherwise they're likely behind both in tiebreakers.  So then you go through all the math and scenarios with BUF, IND/TEN, LAC (and possibly KC, DEN and even LV) to see what has to happen to win the tiebreakers at 9-8.

Not projecting records of anyone....just saying I think NE and KC are locks, and then there are at least 8-9 teams very much alive for the remaining 5 spots.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:54 PM

We need footwedge here to map out all the possible scenarios 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:56 PM

Well, shit…….sportchampps and gut come in before Ironman92 to give us hope. 

And so we have to win two more games to have a sniff.  GB is being marked up as a loss, so we have to beat Cinci and the Stillers to be in the conversation and I don’t see that happening.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:00 PM

Browns have a 40% chance if they beat Cincy and Pittsburgh, with a loss to GB.

Tonight fucking sucked. You just cannot, under any circumstance, run it 3 times there.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:02 PM
posted by BRF
And so we have to win two more games to have a sniff.  GB is being marked up as a loss, so we have to beat Cinci and the Stillers to be in the conversation and I don’t see that happening.

You're currently 4-5 in the conference, so it seems very unlikely you'd get in at 9-8 dropping another conference game.  That's without even looking at other tiebreakers.

CLE probably needs to run the table.  Otherwise, they probably have to beat both CIN and PIT to have a shot at 9-8.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:04 PM

Tale of the whole season tonight, with a different offensive cast. Had a chance to ice the game by getting just ONE 1st down and they didn't get it done. And the FUCKING Kicker? JFC

Last week Clowney said that when the Browns had to go back on defense last, for a game winning stop, he said "good, we want the game in our hands." They had it again this week and didn't get it done. 

Myles had a great strip sack TD last week but was , again, a no show in a big game....and I'm talking about before he got dinged up. Looked like he was pretty much handled one on one all night.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:06 PM
posted by BRF

And now we are toast. 

This whole season got dictated after game #1. 

So, so disappointing. 

9-8 could very well win the north. If Browns and Bengals are only two team the Browns would have tie breaker and guessing if Ravens were 3rd team it would still be Browns based on division record knocking out Ravens.

That loss definitely hurt but I fully expect week 18 to matter for all 4 North teams…..somehow

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:08 PM
posted by sportchampps

I don’t think your out. As a Bengals fan I could see us beating the Ravens next week but losing 2 in a row to the Chiefs and Browns. Browns lose to GB but win the last two. Ravens lose to the Bengals and Rams. So it’s a 3 way tie and I think the tiebreaker goes to Cleveland.

You left out the Steelers there….that’s completely logical as they aren’t very good but everything so far this season says the Steelers will have a play in this.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:10 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Tale of the whole season tonight, with a different offensive cast. Had a chance to ice the game by getting just ONE 1st down and they didn't get it done. And the FUCKING Kicker? JFC

Last week Clowney said that when the Browns had to go back on defense last, for a game winning stop, he said "good, we want the game in our hands." They had it again this week and didn't get it done. 

Myles had a great strip sack TD last week but was , again, a no show in a big game....and I'm talking about before he got dinged up. Looked like he was pretty much handled one on one all night.

I thought the Raiders had a lot of their plays to keep Myles from doing what he does. It’s hard to believe he still didn’t get in there and at least harass Carr 2-3x though.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:14 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Also on that….the Raiders kept the Steelers pass rush quiet all game too. Watt did get him once but wasn’t around the rest of the game and no one else touched him. I think Watt has 17 sacks in 12 games and he’s usually back there causing problems 4-5x a game like Garrett

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:17 PM
posted by Ironman92

I thought the Raiders had a lot of their plays to keep Myles from doing what he does. It’s hard to believe he still didn’t get in there and at least harass Carr 2-3x though.

I didn't notice him the whole game. When the Raiders got that holding call on Kolton Miller on their game winning drive I said "good, Myles finally made an impact tonight by getting held." Problem was, don't think it was Myles but #91 that got held.

A lot of people have been clamoring for Stefanski to give up play calling, probably myself included, but tonight we saw AVP has that same "nad shrivel" in big moments. 

On that 3rd & 3 to ice the game AVP runs the predictable Chubb off tackle, to Hance's side, which is their weaker running side. 

I know, "hindsight" but if Mullens, fakes to Chubb and boots it out to the left he probably runs for the 1st or, worst case, can slide to eat time & punt. 

Just shitty, predictable play calling. Been that way ALL year.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:19 PM
posted by Ironman92

Also on that….the Raiders kept the Steelers pass rush quiet all game too. Watt did get him once but wasn’t around the rest of the game and no one else touched him. I think Watt has 17 sacks in 12 games and he’s usually back there causing problems 4-5x a game like Garrett

All I heard before the game was how weak their OL was in pass pro and that the Browns should be able to get to him.

Carr may not be elite but he's probably the wrong guy to give the ball for a game winning drive. Dude seems to be money in those situations. He has the most GW drives by any NFL QB since 2015.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 9:26 PM
posted by Ironman92

9-8 could very well win the north.

At 10-7, CLE would be in, but....

If CLE beats PIT, then the Steelers (assuming they get stomped by KC, as everyone expects) are basically eliminated and roll over for BAL in the last week.  BAL is AFCN champs.

So you beat PIT and CIN, but you're still going to lose AFCN, or wildcard, to CIN on conference record.  You might still have a shot at that last wildcard, but you're in deep trouble.

Anyway, I think you HAVE to beat PIT and CIN to have a realistic shot at playoffs.  The game against the Packers doesn't truly ruin your shot at playoffs, but then you'll need help.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 10:25 PM
posted by gut

At 10-7, CLE would be in, but....

If CLE beats PIT, then the Steelers (assuming they get stomped by KC, as everyone expects) are basically eliminated and roll over for BAL in the last week.  BAL is AFCN champs.

So you beat PIT and CIN, but you're still going to lose AFCN, or wildcard, to CIN on conference record.  You might still have a shot at that last wildcard, but you're in deep trouble.

Anyway, I think you HAVE to beat PIT and CIN to have a realistic shot at playoffs.  The game against the Packers doesn't truly ruin your shot at playoffs, but then you'll need help.

If Pittsburgh is eliminated and rolls over for Baltimore…..Baltimore still needs to beat either Rams or Bengals.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login