Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 8:06 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

This game was a total kick in the dick.

It was really embarrassing for the fans. All this hype and they do that?

Granted, I don't think the O-Line will be a "musical chairs" situation like it was against Tennessee, although I'm wondering if Robinson gets a suspension for that kick, and I doubt they have as many penalties in a game as they did  yesterday, but that was just embarrassing. This team has too much talent to play that bad. And it wasn't like Tennessee was dominating (2 for 10 on 3rd downs).

One of my bigger concerns, and I know it's still early, is whether Kitchens is in over his head. He called that game in panic mode. The O-Line is a patchwork group and you have BM throwing 38x's? Even after that 75 TD by Henry the game was still within reach and he started calling the game emotionally. I lost my shit after that Chubb 9 yard run which was followed up by 2 incomplete passes. I thought Kitchens wanted to "establish the run?" Sure as Hell didn't look like it.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 8:44 AM

I'm still pissed about yesterday. First drive was great, then you more than fucking suck the rest of the game. Just a piss poor effort all around. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 9:16 AM
posted by iclfan2

I'm still pissed about yesterday. First drive was great, then you more than fucking suck the rest of the game. Just a piss poor effort all around. 

Sounds like the offense needs to script the whole game instead of just the first drive.

vball10set paying it forward
26,788 posts 121 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 12:08 PM

The biggest disappointment for me was the complete and utter lack of discipline. I know penalties are part of the game, but the sheer number and continuation of the miscues were mind boggling...it was ridiculous.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 1:48 PM

Just read that the O-Line was so thin that they were prepping Ogunjobi and Njoku to play OL if someone else got injured.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 2:39 PM

I wondered how that ^^^^^^^^ was going to be handled. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 2:44 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Just read that the O-Line was so thin that they were prepping Ogunjobi and Njoku to play OL if someone else got injured.

Beyond stupid.

Get Chad fucking Thomas out there to do something for once.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 2:55 PM

Beyond stupid.

Get Chad fucking Thomas out there to do something for once.

I think it would be in their best interest to perhaps keep at least another O-Lineman on the active roster. I'd heard that the guy they picked up from Buffalo (Teller?) may eventually be the starting RG but he's inactive for the game and the guy they just got from GB is active and actually played? Probably want to keep both active.

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 4:31 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I think it would be in their best interest to perhaps keep at least another O-Lineman on the active roster. I'd heard that the guy they picked up from Buffalo (Teller?) may eventually be the starting RG but he's inactive for the game and the guy they just got from GB is active and actually played? Probably want to keep both active.

Agreed,

I'm a bit concerned about our def and Offensive play calling.

Myles and OV played >90% of all snaps, effort in the 4th was poor. Why was Avery inactive? Chad Thomas played 5 meaningless snaps. Greedy and Mitchell kept swapping for snaps, made no sense.

Offense - Looked like Kitchens was calling a shit game IMO. Tons of long developing playcalls, didn't run the ball, didn't chip or go heavy personnel despite Hubbard being beaten like a turnstile. Where in the fuck were the adjustments? We got into 2nd and 2 or shorter 3 times. Each time we passed on every play and didn't convert on any of them. WTF is that? Jets is a must win game, and no one to blame except themselves.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 6:00 PM

Agreed,

I'm a bit concerned about our def and Offensive play calling.

Myles and OV played >90% of all snaps, effort in the 4th was poor. Why was Avery inactive? Chad Thomas played 5 meaningless snaps. Greedy and Mitchell kept swapping for snaps, made no sense.

Offense - Looked like Kitchens was calling a shit game IMO. Tons of long developing playcalls, didn't run the ball, didn't chip or go heavy personnel despite Hubbard being beaten like a turnstile. Where in the fuck were the adjustments? We got into 2nd and 2 or shorter 3 times. Each time we passed on every play and didn't convert on any of them. WTF is that? Jets is a must win game, and no one to blame except themselves.

The defense gave up in the 4th quarter.

Play calling was my biggest beef. Regardless of all these "shiny" gadget weapons they have, they are still designed to be a "run first" offense. BM thrives when coming out of play action. He was in the shotgun most of the game. Heavy doses of Chubb will set up that play action. As I've mentioned, Chubb goes for 9 yards on 1st then they throw 2 incomplete passes? GRob gets ejected, they have a new LT (Lamm), they are starting a drive (after a penalty) and Kitchens runs a play action pass, in the end zone, with BM's back to the defense? Should've just run the ball 2 or 3 times and punted or got lucky and got a 1st. Until things spiraled out of control in the 4th, the Browns defense was stopping them.

Agreed on the must win.

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 6:10 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Play calling was my biggest beef. Regardless of all these "shiny" gadget weapons they have, they are still designed to be a "run first" offense. BM thrives when coming out of play action. He was in the shotgun most of the game. Heavy doses of Chubb will set up that play action. As I've mentioned, Chubb goes for 9 yards on 1st then they throw 2 incomplete passes? GRob gets ejected, they have a new LT (Lamm), they are starting a drive (after a penalty) and Kitchens runs a play action pass, in the end zone, with BM's back to the defense? Should've just run the ball 2 or 3 times and punted or got lucky and got a 1st. Until things spiraled out of control in the 4th, the Browns defense was stopping them.

Agreed on the must win.

Agreed on the PA in the endzone, fucking stupid. They ran that same play right before (it resulted in a a penalty) so the defense had to know it was coming.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 6:12 PM
posted by vball10set

The biggest disappointment for me was the complete and utter lack of discipline. I know penalties are part of the game, but the sheer number and continuation of the miscues were mind boggling...it was ridiculous.

This.  Just complete trash and inexcusable having all offseason to prepare.  So many selfish penalties, which hurt the team.  Greg Robinson was the most selfish. 

posted by BR1986FB

Agreed on the must win.

They gave up as soon as they gave up that Derek Henry TD.  It was over.  The Browns offense unnecessarily tried to force shit, which led to their turnover.  

I agree on feeding Chubb.  Kitchens did nothing to get him going.  That dude is a workhorse and could tire out any defense. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 7:33 PM

^^^ agreed on them quitting after that Henry TD. Sad part is, there was a blatant hold that the refs missed on that play. Shocke

vball10set paying it forward
26,788 posts 121 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 8:51 AM

^^^actually, it seemed like it all went downhill after we missed the XP-lol

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 8:53 AM

I saw the screenshot of the hold on the 75 yard TD and it was pretty bad. No clue how the refs missed that.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 1:45 PM

The NFLPA contacted the NFL after Titans players had beer thrown at them when they jumped into the Dawg Pound after that pick 6. Bunch of bitches. Don't jump into the opponents stands when you're playing away.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 1:51 PM

Agreed. You jump into the opposition’s stands, what are you trying to prove.  Hell, you are no doubt causing fans to spill all their beer all over themselves.  Act like you have scored a TD before, and stop acting like complete fools; you are supposed to be a professional.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 6:25 PM

The players that jumped into the stands are lucky that they only had beer dumped on them. 

I watched the Rizzo show last night which I had on tape. He was going on and on about how it’s only one game, folks. Yeah, right Tony.  (Mike Polk left the show and Tony’s new side kick is Tony Grossi......I cant decide if I like him or not.)

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 8:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The NFLPA contacted the NFL after Titans players had beer thrown at them when they jumped into the Dawg Pound after that pick 6. Bunch of bitches. Don't jump into the opponents stands when you're playing away.

I don’t know how it works. Was it definitely Titans players reporting it or could basically any player report it (like saw it while watching game on tv)?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 8:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t know how it works. Was it definitely Titans players reporting it or could basically any player report it (like saw it while watching game on tv)?

Not sure but the fan got banned indefinitely.

My how the PC/pussified world has changed. If that would've happened at the Dawg Pound at Muni, Logan Ryan would've drowned in a sea of beer and probably got a few dog biscuits/batteries clinked off his helmet. If a fan goes over the rail, toward the field, and intentionally dumps beer on a player, he's gone but apparently it's ok for opposing players to try to show up the fan base by leaping into their turf? Bullshit !

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login