2024 NFL Season Thread

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 9:48 PM

Falcons looked better than the Chiefs but lost starting center and another starting lineman…now Cousins no time, which is how Steelers beat them

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 9:52 PM

Tucker going from greatest kicker ever to the worst kicker in the league the last 3 years has been real heel turn…

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 87 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 9:57 PM
posted by Al Bundy

If the Browns look like an #8-10 when you watch them, can I please have some of whatever you are drinking during the games? :)

Yeah you’re right. 8-10 was generous. I guess I meant on paper they should be that good. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 11:03 PM

Odd play calls

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 11:16 PM

On the 13 with 3 timeouts and 1:05 left

I’m letting it go to 45 before calling a timeout

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 11:19 PM

Scared play calling

Whole eff’d g defense rolling that way….play had zero chance 

FG and a FG would’ve maybe won it but analytics are never wrong 

mhs95_06 Senior Member
8,603 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 11:26 PM

KC defense too tough for the weakened O-line to have success on their running game at crunch time -- need to get a little innovation.  Reed always has something ready!

mhs95_06 Senior Member
8,603 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 11:31 PM

On the next to last Atl drive, Cousins had the lead taking TD on the relatively short over the top throw down the left sideline that he didn't throw long enough.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:01 AM

Cleveland has the type of O-Line they had the year before they spent a ton of money to upgrade (Conklin, drafted Wills, Hooper). They are abysmal. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:28 AM

Honestly, this is the best I've felt on a Monday during football season in years.

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 3:14 PM

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 9:01 PM

Jax getting murdered.

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 9:24 PM

Is the bengals defense going to stop anything tonight 

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 9:27 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Is the bengals defense going to stop anything tonight 

Yeah but not this half.

No defense in this game. Daniels is pretty fun to watch…..the Devonta Smith of QB’s

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 10:46 PM

Wasn’t expecting this outcome. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:02 PM

I wasn’t really wanting to watch a Big 12 game.

OSU over Baylor

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:03 PM

Redskins fun to watch. Good for McLaurin….good dude

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:18 PM

This franchise is literal definition of poverty. They had an amazing safety in Jessie Bates, let him go to Atlanta a couple years ago, he’s all pro last year. Now they’re getting torched for 38 points. 

It’s one thing if your team operates likes every other franchise, spends money, tries, etc. These guys are poor or act poor or whatever and talent leaves and they replace it for whatever is cheaper. DJ Reader to the Lions is another example. 

Tue, Sep 24, 2024 12:43 AM

I was going to wait until tomorrow to do my power rankings, but I think i'm ready now. Tomorrow is never guaranteed and hopefully Ironman will appreciate my grit and dedication while I try and work through some things as a Bengals fan.

1A. Chiefs
1B. Bills I said I wouldn't move KC out of #1 as long as they kept winning. But I can't ignore how great Buffalo has looked and how KC keeps narrowly avoiding disaster. So they're tied for now. KC gets the banged up Chargers next week while Buffalo tries to stop the Ravens. 
3. Vikings. Sam Darnold MVP contention? Justin Jefferson has been awesome, too. 
4. Steelers. Defense keeps rolling and they killed Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson is next along with a 4-0 record.
5. Eagles. Wasn't exactly a pretty game but they got the win. 
6. NY Jets. Dominated the Patriots on TNF. Rodgers looked back. 
7. Lions. Same as Eagles. Talented team that won. 
8. Packers. They lost their starting QB and won the next two games (against Indy and Titans) This is the third NFC team in the top 8.
9. Seahawks. They've had such an easy road to 3-0. They get Detroit Sunday and we'll see what they're made of.
10. Texans. Inexplicable, miserable looking loss. Not what we'd expect from what a lot of people thought could be in the AFC championship.
11. Saints. Carr comes crashing back down to earth. Honestly, they had a lot of chances to win this game and couldn't seize it.
12. Chargers. Joey Bosa is hurt again. Injuries (and suspension for Derwin James) mounting. Rookie lineman Joe Alt will miss some time as well.
13. Commanders. They're 2-1, Daniels is balling out and hurting my feelings.

-- There's a drop off right here.

14. Buccaneers. I mean I figured they'd look bad again eventually. Didn't think it'd be to Denver, though.
15. Falcons. They're getting the benefit of taking KC down to the wire. 

--Bigger drop off. These rankings are tough because a lot of these teams suck ass right now. And they all have losing records starting with the Falcons. 

16. Cardinals. I don't know, I start reaching here. 
17. Rams. They won despite their team being hurt. 
18. Ravens. Finally get a win. But they sure tried not to in the end. 
19. 49ers. What if I told you CMC, Kittle, and Deebo weren't playing this past Sunday. And Purdy still throws three touchdowns. Aiyuk probably goes off, right? Wrong. One of the annoying story lines from this off season was this guy holding out, maybe signing, maybe being traded, blah blah blah. Finally gets his $120 million extension and through three games is averaging 39 yards/game and no touchdowns. Looking ahead to next week, now Purdy being treated for back soreness, and CMC is off to Germany to figure out his achilles. 
20. Broncos. Bo Nix finally didnt look awful and they pick up a win over the feisty Buccaneers. 
21. Cowboys. I think the only thing between them and 0-3 is they caught the rusty Browns week 1 when they were at their most rusty. 
22. Browns. I wont tell anyone here anything they don't already know. 
23. Giants. I honestly thought they were heading for #32 after quickly giving up that touchdown to Cleveland. Nabers is fun.
24. Colts. They beat the Bears? Richardson and Caleb Williams took turns looking bad.
25. Raiders. The coach seems ready to start cutting players.
26. Patriots. Got destroyed on TNF. Their downward slide continues.
27. Bears. Caleb Williams not looking great and his offensive line isn't helping.
28. Panthers. Idk if the Andy Dalton magic is sustainable. But they get Cincinnati on Sunday so maybe/probably it is for another week.
29. Dolphins. Maybe when Tua is ready to come back they'll be like 1-6 and he'll finally stop killing himself.
30. Bengals. Worst defense in the league maybe. Already lost two home games they needed to win.
31. Titans. Will Levis fucking sucks.
32. Jaguars. Just lost by a million points. Is Trevor Lawrence a....bust?

Edit. Meant to say GB was the third NFC North team in top 8. I tried to edit but it messed with my formatting. 

Also, AFC South with three teams in bottom 9 spots I think. Very bad division and Houston wasn't great, either. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 24, 2024 11:50 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

This franchise is literal definition of poverty. They had an amazing safety in Jessie Bates, let him go to Atlanta a couple years ago, he’s all pro last year. Now they’re getting torched for 38 points. 

It’s one thing if your team operates likes every other franchise, spends money, tries, etc. These guys are poor or act poor or whatever and talent leaves and they replace it for whatever is cheaper. DJ Reader to the Lions is another example. 

I think the "play of the game" probably was how the second half opened. You had one of the announcers describing them as having a middle school defense (in response, I guess, to one of the Cincy guys saying Washington is a college offense), so they start the second half by giving up a HUGE gain on the ground on about the very first play.

Right now, the Bengals seem to be in that weird double whammy zone where they both have a cheap owner who is the opposite of willing to sign his stars -- I mean, they're what; about 1-2 more losses from someone like Chase saying "fuck it; not playing more until I'm paid"? -- and way too many guys still living off that one time they beat the Chiefs in the playoffs to reach the Super Bowl. I mean, when you're going into a road game with KC at 0-1 after looking like shit against the projected-to-be-bad New England, you probably don't need Chase saying the road to the AFC title goes through them or some defensive guy saying that Worthy kid has nothing but speed. And when you're 0-2, you probably don't need a defensive guy trash-talking the other team's offense.

That sort of thing works when you're Muhammad Ali and winning the vast majority of the time; when you're where they're at, it just makes you look like dipshits with no self-awareness.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login