2024 NFL Season Thread

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 24, 2024 2:39 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I was going to wait until tomorrow to do my power rankings, but I think i'm ready now. Tomorrow is never guaranteed and hopefully Ironman will appreciate my grit and dedication while I try and work through some things as a Bengals fan.

1A. Chiefs
1B. Bills I said I wouldn't move KC out of #1 as long as they kept winning. But I can't ignore how great Buffalo has looked and how KC keeps narrowly avoiding disaster. So they're tied for now. KC gets the banged up Chargers next week while Buffalo tries to stop the Ravens. 
3. Vikings. Sam Darnold MVP contention? Justin Jefferson has been awesome, too. 
4. Steelers. Defense keeps rolling and they killed Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson is next along with a 4-0 record.
5. Eagles. Wasn't exactly a pretty game but they got the win. 
6. NY Jets. Dominated the Patriots on TNF. Rodgers looked back. 
7. Lions. Same as Eagles. Talented team that won. 
8. Packers. They lost their starting QB and won the next two games (against Indy and Titans) This is the third NFC team in the top 8.
9. Seahawks. They've had such an easy road to 3-0. They get Detroit Sunday and we'll see what they're made of.
10. Texans. Inexplicable, miserable looking loss. Not what we'd expect from what a lot of people thought could be in the AFC championship.
11. Saints. Carr comes crashing back down to earth. Honestly, they had a lot of chances to win this game and couldn't seize it.
12. Chargers. Joey Bosa is hurt again. Injuries (and suspension for Derwin James) mounting. Rookie lineman Joe Alt will miss some time as well.
13. Commanders. They're 2-1, Daniels is balling out and hurting my feelings.

-- There's a drop off right here.

14. Buccaneers. I mean I figured they'd look bad again eventually. Didn't think it'd be to Denver, though.
15. Falcons. They're getting the benefit of taking KC down to the wire. 

--Bigger drop off. These rankings are tough because a lot of these teams suck ass right now. And they all have losing records starting with the Falcons. 

16. Cardinals. I don't know, I start reaching here. 
17. Rams. They won despite their team being hurt. 
18. Ravens. Finally get a win. But they sure tried not to in the end. 
19. 49ers. What if I told you CMC, Kittle, and Deebo weren't playing this past Sunday. And Purdy still throws three touchdowns. Aiyuk probably goes off, right? Wrong. One of the annoying story lines from this off season was this guy holding out, maybe signing, maybe being traded, blah blah blah. Finally gets his $120 million extension and through three games is averaging 39 yards/game and no touchdowns. Looking ahead to next week, now Purdy being treated for back soreness, and CMC is off to Germany to figure out his achilles. 
20. Broncos. Bo Nix finally didnt look awful and they pick up a win over the feisty Buccaneers. 
21. Cowboys. I think the only thing between them and 0-3 is they caught the rusty Browns week 1 when they were at their most rusty. 
22. Browns. I wont tell anyone here anything they don't already know. 
23. Giants. I honestly thought they were heading for #32 after quickly giving up that touchdown to Cleveland. Nabers is fun.
24. Colts. They beat the Bears? Richardson and Caleb Williams took turns looking bad.
25. Raiders. The coach seems ready to start cutting players.
26. Patriots. Got destroyed on TNF. Their downward slide continues.
27. Bears. Caleb Williams not looking great and his offensive line isn't helping.
28. Panthers. Idk if the Andy Dalton magic is sustainable. But they get Cincinnati on Sunday so maybe/probably it is for another week.
29. Dolphins. Maybe when Tua is ready to come back they'll be like 1-6 and he'll finally stop killing himself.
30. Bengals. Worst defense in the league maybe. Already lost two home games they needed to win.
31. Titans. Will Levis fucking sucks.
32. Jaguars. Just lost by a million points. Is Trevor Lawrence a....bust?

Edit. Meant to say GB was the third NFC North team in top 8. I tried to edit but it messed with my formatting. 

Also, AFC South with three teams in bottom 9 spots I think. Very bad division and Houston wasn't great, either. 

Appreciate the quick rankings

Hard to really say this early on strong or weak schedules and I’m still probably a week away from a 2-1 passing a 3-0. Seattle just beat the Broncos but the Broncos destroyed the 2-0 Buccaneers. I’ve gotta have Seattle 5

Eagles are top team with a L…..who was the L to? Falcons who have played the Steelers tightly, did everything but beat the Chiefs and then won at Philly. Jets just 1 L but unimpressive teams they’ve beaten and got beat good at SF but SF has looked bad.

I go: Eagles, Saints, Packers as top 3 with an L.

Falcons top 2 loss team

Titans #32

Jags #31

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 87 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 24, 2024 2:43 PM

I think it was Cam Taylor-Britt who made both comments about Worthy and then Daniels/Kingsbury college offense. Mike Hilton made the ‘Burrowhead’ comments a couple years ago. And Ja’Marr Chase might be the worst of them all with some of his comments. I’m sure it’s just what they do as professional athletes. 

I personally hate it. I bet most fans also do. But something tells me guys like CTB aren’t losing too much sleep over looking like an ass. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 26, 2024 9:45 PM

Absolutely unwatchable game due to the flags. Almost every play. Al Michaels isn’t the problem.

Thu, Sep 26, 2024 10:58 PM

A game between teams #13 and #20 in my power rankings. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 26, 2024 11:01 PM

I figured this would be a 42-7 Cowboys win or a close Giants win

Could be

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 26, 2024 11:08 PM

Dang…Parsons and Nabors to the blue tent on back to back plays

Thu, Sep 26, 2024 11:09 PM

Jesus. Parsons carted off, Lawrence and Diggs already out. Nabers head bounces off the turf and he lays there motionless while Al and Kirk babble about whether he caught it or not.

Al is such a bad listen. 

Nabers looks like he doesn’t know what day it is. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 26, 2024 11:12 PM

Jesus. Parsons carted off, Lawrence and Diggs already out. Nabers head bounces off the turf and he lays there motionless while Al and Kirk babble about whether he caught it or not.

Al is such a bad listen. 

Nabers looks like he doesn’t know what day it is. 

I admit…I watched the Nabors replay over and over and never noticed head hitting ground

Thu, Sep 26, 2024 11:17 PM

Closing line was Dallas -5.5. Aubrey misses his first ever FG to keep the score Dallas up by 5. Interesting. 

Thu, Sep 26, 2024 11:19 PM

So a team that’s been gashed on defense the last couple weeks really shored it up tonight to get a road win. I wonder if my favorite team could also do that Sunday. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Sep 27, 2024 6:27 AM

So a team that’s been gashed on defense the last couple weeks really shored it up tonight to get a road win. I wonder if my favorite team could also do that Sunday. 

I feel it’s in the script

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2024 9:08 AM

I watched the last 6 minutes of the 1st half and there were about 20 flags thrown. Glad I didn't stay up for the 2nd half.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Sep 27, 2024 9:31 AM
posted by justincredible

I watched the last 6 minutes of the 1st half and there were about 20 flags thrown. Glad I didn't stay up for the 2nd half.

I watched up until CeeDee Lamb caught his TD and there were probably just as many thrown before that. Announcers even made the comment "and there are (finally) no flags."

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 12:52 PM

What kind of sorcery is this?

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1840407489134612737?s=46&t=C2WPcF6lbnPsYusDnwucFQ

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 1:01 PM

AFC North today….

The Bengals simply, flat out are not going 0-4. I don’t think it’s close. 36-13

Browns will maybe not play well but will win ugly versus the Raider

Pittsburgh is getting all the love but are 3-0 and offense is pretty putrid. I expect an ugly game and a 23-9 loss. Colts will keep Watt from dominating and that will be what does it.

Ravens have no business beating the Bills but will find a way.

AFC North will be tight by midnight

Call this a jinx all you want….I 100% believe it. NFL is great at keeping things interesting 

I don’t have a great feel for any other game. Saints/Falcons interests me as does Vikings/Packers, Lions/Seahawks and Cards/Commanders

Next week I’ll start a confidence points pickem contest. So pay attention this week.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 1:09 PM

Colts, without friction drive down for an easy TD. Set up by Richardson throwing an absolute dime on 1st play of the game.

I should’ve started a FanDuel account before this one 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 1:15 PM

Terrible call against Colts on roughing the QB….just bad.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 1:32 PM

Richardson has to play smarter. Took two huge hits on runs. Shining light is Flacco is good and Indy just dominating LOS on both side. 

I’m going to watch the Reds score 0 runs for the 4x in a week

Sun, Sep 29, 2024 1:42 PM

Jets aren't winning today. Shit weather and they look pretty bad through the 1st quarter. Looks like a 10-6 game.

Sun, Sep 29, 2024 1:45 PM

Opened my big mouth and they immediately forced a fumble with a short field. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login