2024 NFL Offseason

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Aug 19, 2024 11:03 AM
posted by j_crazy

the nfc north looks like it's going to be a murderer's row in about 3  years, looks like it'll be a 3 horse race this year (sorry vikings) but if detroit keeps their core  and coaching together, it's gonna be tough. jason vrable is looking like a great coach (marietta grad and HOF'er) love watching that happen to a guy that worked his ass off in school.

Bears are loaded. If Williams can just manage games they should be above .500. If he excels, watch out.

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 20, 2024 3:41 PM

i can't follow what atlanta is doing. is penix too good? are they scared he'll show up cousins? or are they trying to shop heineke for a pick or something? seems strange to draft a guy at 9 overall, play him for 2 series and then sit him saying "we've seen enough" when you have a 3 year $150million contract ahead of him. at worse you're going to see him for 3 years might as well get him reps now when they don't matter, worst case he has to play this year and isn't overwhelmed. just seems odd, they also can't block anyone so i doubt it'll matter much who is behind center this year.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 20, 2024 6:47 PM

I don’t think Atlanta knows what they’re doing. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 110 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 22, 2024 5:25 PM

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Aug 23, 2024 7:54 AM

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football and text

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 23, 2024 5:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football and text

Those pants he wears…good god

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 2:52 PM

CeeDee Lamb signs a 4 year, $136 million extension and Mike Brown just had a heart attack (j/k....but probably not).

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Aug 26, 2024 3:07 PM
posted by BR1986FB

CeeDee Lamb signs a 4 year, $136 million extension and Mike Brown just had a heart attack (j/k....but probably not).

That’s good coin

Tue, Aug 27, 2024 10:14 AM

I’m finding a correlation with the more time I look at social media, the less interest I have with the NFL.

This is probably the least interested I’ve been heading into a season. Idk what’s happened over the years but I find most of it annoying. 

Insert old man yells at cloud picture. 

Tue, Aug 27, 2024 10:18 AM

For example, open Instagram, first thing I see is a post from Get Up where Greenberg says the Jets are the biggest threat to the Chiefs.

FFS. Can we see how Rodgers looks for a few games before we pencil them into the AFC championship? Also, did the Bills cease to exist? Ravens? Bengals? Texans? 

The Jets are talented enough to get there, but why does ESPN let this tool shamelessly jack off his favorite team ad nauseum? 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 10:50 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

For example, open Instagram, first thing I see is a post from Get Up where Greenberg says the Jets are the biggest threat to the Chiefs.

FFS. Can we see how Rodgers looks for a few games before we pencil them into the AFC championship? Also, did the Bills cease to exist? Ravens? Bengals? Texans? 

The Jets are talented enough to get there, but why does ESPN let this tool shamelessly jack off his favorite team ad nauseum? 

I think the Bills could take a step back and may not win the division. Bengals have to show me Burrow can play a 17 game season. Jets are a question mark but have huge potential upside. Rats O-Line could be sketchy. Texans should be good in that division. 

I do agree that my interest level in the NFL is down, mostly because I think the Browns are not going to be good.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 11:30 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I think the Bills could take a step back and may not win the division. Bengals have to show me Burrow can play a 17 game season. Jets are a question mark but have huge potential upside. Rats O-Line could be sketchy. Texans should be good in that division. 

I do agree that my interest level in the NFL is down, mostly because I think the Browns are not going to be good.

On one hand, for the Steelers, I'm not seeing much from the Wilson/Fields combo that makes me think "Big improvement over Pickett/Rudolph as far as getting wins or at least being enjoyable to watch". On the other, with the way the Pirates collapsed the instant the calendar went from July to August, I do need at least one pro sport to complement college football as the thing I watch like I'm paid to do so, so here we are!

Tue, Aug 27, 2024 2:20 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Those teams all have question marks that warrant concern for sure. But they’ve all won playoff games in the last couple years, even beating the Chiefs. The Jets haven’t done any of that. My post wasn’t even anti-Jets but more so anti-Greenberg.

The Bengals should be good and I’m still not as interested.

Heretic brought up college football and oddly enough I can and will watch that all day. Maybe it’s because I don’t have a favorite team so I can remove the bias and personal interest. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 2:26 PM

I can't watch college football. Something about 56-7 games doesn't do it for me.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 27, 2024 3:19 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Jets are cruising to the #1 seed you little jerk.

Wed, Aug 28, 2024 6:53 AM
posted by justincredible

Jets are cruising to the #1 seed you little jerk.

Negs when I can.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 10:12 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I can't watch college football. Something about 56-7 games doesn't do it for me.

Same. I still watch Notre Dame games, and I get sucked in if I am somewhere and a game is on, but I flip on TV shows or Movies on Saturday nights now, and rarely watch Saturday afternoons. The NFL players/coaches/schemes got too good, making college seem so minor league. Same with NBA and CBK (but CBK is my lifeblood, so I still watch a ton -- but I get why it struggles). 

...I will watch it all week(end) over Thanksgiving though. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Aug 28, 2024 11:15 AM
posted by Laley23

Same. I still watch Notre Dame games, and I get sucked in if I am somewhere and a game is on, but I flip on TV shows or Movies on Saturday nights now, and rarely watch Saturday afternoons. The NFL players/coaches/schemes got too good, making college seem so minor league. Same with NBA and CBK (but CBK is my lifeblood, so I still watch a ton -- but I get why it struggles). 

...I will watch it all week(end) over Thanksgiving though. 

When I was a kid I was a sports junkie. Knew every name & number of every Browns, Cavs & Tribe player. 

Watched college basketball religiously along with the NBA. Hell, watched boxing and got to see Ali late in his career. Even went to several Cleveland Force (indoor soccer) games and followed the Cleveland Crusaders & Barons (hockey). 

Now, it's pretty much the NFL for me with an occasional Tribe game. I'll follow the Cavs in the box scores but don't really watch. Not sure what turned me off to most of it.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 10:24 PM

Ricky Pearsall shot in San Fran today. Wild.

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 5, 2024 11:37 PM

Big ass game and it’s pretty chippy. 

Lamar is going to risk injury running so much

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login