2024 NCAA Football Thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 5:47 PM

Not the most impressive 2-plus quarters for Ohio State with how Howard looks like Inferior McCord and the line is shaky on run blocking.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 6:01 PM

Pitt is not good. Defense is bad. Undisciplined. I’ll rank them 58th….I might be being a homer 

UC and WVU will beat them by double digits

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 8:53 PM
posted by Heretic

Not the most impressive 2-plus quarters for Ohio State with how Howard looks like Inferior McCord and the line is shaky on run blocking.

Buckeyes are fine.  Lots of new faces to click.  Howard has better field sense than McCord.  But three of these weak opponents in a row is a huge failure of scheduling as they’ll never be forced to step up.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 9:52 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Buckeyes are fine.  Lots of new faces to click.  Howard has better field sense than McCord.  But three of these weak opponents in a row is a huge failure of scheduling as they’ll never be forced to step up.

I didnt realize how pointless OSU’s OOC schedule was. Akron, Western Michigan, and Marshall. Can I bet on them beating them by combined 150 points? 

Sat, Aug 31, 2024 9:54 PM

Not to nitpick on OSU, I glanced at Ole Miss’s schedule as I saw they were up 70. They play Middle Tennessee and and Georgia Southern. How intense of them!

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 10:15 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Not to nitpick on OSU, I glanced at Ole Miss’s schedule as I saw they were up 70. They play Middle Tennessee and and Georgia Southern. How intense of them!

A crap slate of games today….everyone playing teams in the same league as the #15 seeds in NCAA Basketball Tournament

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Aug 31, 2024 11:05 PM

Uh…Texas Tech and Abilene Christian headed to OT

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 1, 2024 4:07 PM

I didnt realize how pointless OSU’s OOC schedule was. Akron, Western Michigan, and Marshall. Can I bet on them beating them by combined 150 points? 

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/news/2023/2/15/ohio-state-cancels-series-with-washington

Thank the Big Ten. They were scheduled to play Washington this year and next, but had to drop it thanks to conference realignment. So, we got cupcakes to fill in. 

1st half was fine, 2nd was better. The oline getting no push is a real concern. 

Then again, Oregon looked terrible last night agsinst Idaho and even Michigan struggled against Fresno.

Miami looked great yesterday along with Georgia too.

I am glad Clemson got smashed. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 1, 2024 4:18 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

What’s the story?

The one coach who office was raided last year was using his office computer to hack into the cloud and Michigan and was stealing photos of students. While looking at his laptop the spying stuff was found. Michigan hired two firms one to investigate the cloud hacking and another the spying stuff. Michigan knowing this did not report themselves to the Big or NCAA. 

A third investigation firm also started investigating. They found multiple members of the staff accessed the spying files. The files also included footage from inside the Woody Hayes Athletic center and teams playbooks. All of this is supposedly in the NOA Michigan has received. Also boosters are pissed off. 

There a lot more but this is a summary

Sun, Sep 1, 2024 5:48 PM
posted by sportchampps

The one coach who office was raided last year was using his office computer to hack into the cloud and Michigan and was stealing photos of students. While looking at his laptop the spying stuff was found. Michigan hired two firms one to investigate the cloud hacking and another the spying stuff. Michigan knowing this did not report themselves to the Big or NCAA. 

A third investigation firm also started investigating. They found multiple members of the staff accessed the spying files. The files also included footage from inside the Woody Hayes Athletic center and teams playbooks. All of this is supposedly in the NOA Michigan has received. Also boosters are pissed off. 

There a lot more but this is a summary

Wow.  

Knowing the teeth of the NCAA, I expect this will go away like a fart in the wind.  Moore will sit out the first half of a Little Sisters of the Poor-type game.

Booger Eater Jim was a crooked bastard.

Sun, Sep 1, 2024 11:20 PM

LSU coming out of the two minute warning needing a TD to take the lead:

2nd down QB throws a pass intended for the RB five yards away into the ground.

3rd down illegal shift penalty which is declined because pass is incomplete anyways. 

Then the defense takes off the final drive and they lose. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 1, 2024 11:25 PM

LSU coming out of the two minute warning needing a TD to take the lead:

2nd down QB throws a pass intended for the RB five yards away into the ground.

3rd down illegal shift penalty which is declined because pass is incomplete anyways. 

Then the defense takes off the final drive and they lose. 

#13 LSU loses at #23 by 7 points 

LSU moves up to #11 this week

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Sep 2, 2024 10:47 AM

Classy gesture by LSU player

https://x.com/sharpfootball/status/1830406689889145111?s=46&t=C2WPcF6lbnPsYusDnwucFQ

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Sep 2, 2024 11:04 PM

Florida St gets smoked by Boston College

Disastrous start

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 2, 2024 11:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

Florida St gets smoked by Boston College

Disastrous start

No matter what school he's at, D.J. Whatever looks like a second-tier guy who isn't going to lead anyone anywhere.

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 12:34 AM

Brutal game. 

I thought DJ might get benched but the tight end had a couple of drops that killed their drives. Seems like the offensive line was constantly getting pushed back into his lap. 

Re: the offensive lineman who pushed the player (who flopped) on the 4th and 5 and turned it into 4th and 20….you can’t kick him off the team, but whatever is below that is fair game. 

Tue, Sep 3, 2024 12:49 PM

Brutal game. 

I thought DJ might get benched but the tight end had a couple of drops that killed their drives. Seems like the offensive line was constantly getting pushed back into his lap. 

Re: the offensive lineman who pushed the player (who flopped) on the 4th and 5 and turned it into 4th and 20….you can’t kick him off the team, but whatever is below that is fair game. 

Maybe he two hottest seats so far this year are in the state of Florida.  The only people that hated FSU losing to BC was the Georgia Tech fanbase.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 3, 2024 1:43 PM
posted by Automatik

Got a weird feeling that OSU is winning it all. 

Even after the slow start against the Zips. Still holding on to this. 

They are so goddamn loaded. I love NIL!!

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 25 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 3, 2024 9:04 PM

Connor Stalions Netflix show seems kind of pathetic.  While I admire the guy’s lifelong dedication to UM football, it seems shallow and sad.  The guy went to the USNA for fuck’s sake.  So many amazing opportunities in the other side of that, and he found himself sucking ass to get a scoundrel job just so he could be “part of it” at UM.

The fact that he still feels loyalty toward UM after they completely threw him under the bus and made him the fall guy for an obvious scheme Booger Eatin’ Jim authorized is really sad.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login