2024 NCAA Football Thread

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 11:32 AM

Is it possible for both Michigan and Texas to lose today?  I was hoping for that kind of outcome in the Georgia/Clemson game last weekend, but it didn’t work.  I’ll try again today.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 1:21 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Is it possible for both Michigan and Texas to lose today?  I was hoping for that kind of outcome in the Georgia/Clemson game last weekend, but it didn’t work.  I’ll try again today.

Fuck Michigan. The most annoying fans. lol also loved Texas from the major apple white days. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 1:27 PM

I think that I will like the 12 team playoff, but it sure takes away the part of college football where you have to win every week or your season is most likely over.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 1:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

Fuck Michigan. The most annoying fans. lol also loved Texas from the major apple white days. 

This. Well, maybe except for the end. I did love Applewhite's name; kind of cracked me up. Sort of the white boy version of those Key and Peele football name skits. But in the grand scheme of things, the main thing I like Texas for is how hilariously whiny they are about "Horns Down"  -- pretty sure you could go to the house of the most religious person you know, set their nativity scene on fire and piss on the flames and they'd take that better than Texas deals with an opposing fan base giving them the Horns Down.

Sat, Sep 7, 2024 1:37 PM
posted by Heretic

This. Well, maybe except for the end. I did love Applewhite's name; kind of cracked me up. Sort of the white boy version of those Key and Peele football name skits. But in the grand scheme of things, the main thing I like Texas for is how hilariously whiny they are about "Horns Down"  -- pretty sure you could go to the house of the most religious person you know, set their nativity scene on fire and piss on the flames and they'd take that better than Texas deals with an opposing fan base giving them the Horns Down.

Lol fact. Such clowns for trying to make the ncaa actually rule in the horns down things. Pussies

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 1:40 PM
posted by Al Bundy

I think that I will like the 12 team playoff, but it sure takes away the part of college football where you have to win every week or your season is most likely over.

Unless you are LSU

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 2:02 PM
posted by Ironman92

Unless you are LSU

LSU will get in if they finish the season with 2 losses

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 2:08 PM
posted by Al Bundy

LSU will get in if they finish the season with 2 losses

I’ll guess they are right on the cusp with 3 losses….4 losses they’ll be like 17th

Sat, Sep 7, 2024 3:40 PM

Hate to say I’m happy to see Texas win - because of their fans.  But they are good.  So glad to see Michigan get woodshedded at home in front of their douche bag fans (more losers per capita than any stadium).  

Booger Eater left a fart in the elevator as he stepped out.  Going to be fun watching them get stomped this year.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 5:09 PM

Booger Eater left a fart in the elevator as he stepped out.  Going to be fun watching them get stomped this year.

He seems to have a knack for knowing when to get out when the gettin's good. I expect him to turn the Chargers around pretty quickly. Super weird dude but a good coach.
Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 5:26 PM

Didn’t get home from my meet until 4:00 I watched the UC/Pitt game in 5x speed. It was 27-6 with 4 min left and I was just trying to get through it kinda watching. Then my buddy Ironman02 (who I rarely message) sends me a message saying “great comeback by Pitt”

So I enjoyed the rest of the game. Actually kinda impressive. I’ll move Pitt up to #42 in my biased rankings.

The small world part of this game….UC defensive coordinator is the brother of the guy I teach with at my tiny school. Felt bad for him but it was the UC offense/Pitt defense that caused the huge rally

Sat, Sep 7, 2024 9:23 PM

Buckeyes look the part tonight.  No strong non-league game makes me really nervous though.  There’s only so much a game like Western Michigan can show you.

Still enjoying the beat down Michigan received.

Sat, Sep 7, 2024 9:34 PM

Buckeyes look the part tonight.  No strong non-league game makes me really nervous though.  There’s only so much a game like Western Michigan can show you.

Lol I had a friend exit the group chat bc of Michigan. Ohio state’s wrs look awesome, but I agree, not sure what to expect when they play a real team. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Sep 7, 2024 9:52 PM

After seeing how Michigan and Notre Dame looked….Penn St not good against the MAC

I do t want Kelly to let up on the play calling just yet either

Heretic Son of the Sun
Mon, Sep 9, 2024 1:16 PM

So, uh, Shedeur isn't going to be grading highly among pro teams in the "maturity/accountability" categories, it seems.

Wasn't overly paying attention to college football Saturday, but apparently when he got taken out of the game by pops late in their loss to Nebraska (one of the teams they beat last year), he immediately went to the locker room instead of staying on the field. And then threw the OL under the bus after the game. I mean, yeah, he did get sacked six times according to the box score, but you don't usually see quarterbacks essentially blame their bad day on their line. Usually let the announcers do that work while they give bland "we need to execute better as a team" comments.

Also, it never gets old to see Notre Dame lost to a far lesser program. Nice to see their hype train get derailed early in the season, especially since a couple Irish fans I know were a bit too pleased with things after they won on the road at perpetually-overrated A&M. I mean, how did they start in the Top 25 when they haven't shown any on-field ability recently? Michigan getting smacked also was fun, but far more predictable.

Mon, Sep 9, 2024 4:21 PM
posted by Heretic

So, uh, Shedeur isn't going to be grading highly among pro teams in the "maturity/accountability" categories, it seems.

Wasn't overly paying attention to college football Saturday, but apparently when he got taken out of the game by pops late in their loss to Nebraska (one of the teams they beat last year), he immediately went to the locker room instead of staying on the field. And then threw the OL under the bus after the game. I mean, yeah, he did get sacked six times according to the box score, but you don't usually see quarterbacks essentially blame their bad day on their line. Usually let the announcers do that work while they give bland "we need to execute better as a team" comments.

Also, it never gets old to see Notre Dame lost to a far lesser program. Nice to see their hype train get derailed early in the season, especially since a couple Irish fans I know were a bit too pleased with things after they won on the road at perpetually-overrated A&M. I mean, how did they start in the Top 25 when they haven't shown any on-field ability recently? Michigan getting smacked also was fun, but far more predictable.

Shedeur's father proceeded to throw the O-line under the bus after the game, so I am not surprised.  I'm glad to see the Colorado house of cards further exposed.

Not an ND fan, but I really like Marcus Freeman.  I hope he's able to right the ship.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 10:08 AM

Shedeur's father proceeded to throw the O-line under the bus after the game, so I am not surprised.  I'm glad to see the Colorado house of cards further exposed.

Not an ND fan, but I really like Marcus Freeman.  I hope he's able to right the ship.

He has what it takes, based on the big games. But he has to get his teams to show up for the lesser teams. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 14, 2024 3:31 PM

FSU is 0-3 for the third time in fifty years. The first was back in the 1970s, and the second time was in 2021 also under coach Norvell. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Sep 14, 2024 5:08 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

FSU is 0-3 for the third time in fifty years. The first was back in the 1970s, and the second time was in 2021 also under coach Norvell. 

They just don't have a remotely competent offense. D.J. probably needs to be benched. Don't know what their backup QB situation is, but his stats seem a lot like the NFL when the starter goes down and the back-up takes over to go 12-23 for 112 yards because all he's trusted to do are quick-hitters and check-downs.

LSU-SC game was just bonkers. Crazy stuff happened right and left there; easily the most entertaining game so far today that I've seen for any amount of time.

Sat, Sep 14, 2024 5:27 PM

It’s a shame FSU isn’t rewarddd by the ACC for its quality of win production.😉

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login