2024 Cleveland Browns Season Thread

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 3:03 PM

Watson loves to bust out the "naked man!" Bold move.

Cut bait ASAP (if that's even possible.)

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 110 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 3:25 PM

I agree with everything that’s being said here. Throw the bum out. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 4:04 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm wondering if a lot of his shitty performance has been due to internal guilt. I wasn't a fan of him coming out of college (weak velocity on his throws) but I've never seen a QB's performance drop off a cliff like this at such a young age and good career start.

It's so tough to say because of all the potential factors.

He was suspended for an eternity (especially in athlete years). ie: Decline in handling game-time speed via rustiness.

After being un-suspended, he's had injuries. ie: Potential decline in ability due to the body not working like it did.

He got paid huge in guaranteed money. ie: DGAF, I got mine.

He went from a basic high-level pro athlete (as in before the charges, the only thing I could tell you about Watson was that he was a fun QB to watch in Houston) to a guy who was pretty much hated by the general public. ie: Along with what you said, that could be the sort of thing that weighs on a person's mind.

And probably other stuff I'm just not thinking of right now. I do know that from watching some of their game Sunday, he looked like he did when he played last year. Decision-making wasn't great, didn't go downfield to stretch the field, wasn't even that accurate on shorter stuff and got hurt a bit by drops (at least I saw Njoku drop one). Also probably doesn't help that without Chubb, they can't count on a consistent run game to take the pressure off, but old man Flacco had the same situation there and put up way better numbers.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 5:07 PM
posted by Heretic

It's so tough to say because of all the potential factors.

He was suspended for an eternity (especially in athlete years). ie: Decline in handling game-time speed via rustiness.

After being un-suspended, he's had injuries. ie: Potential decline in ability due to the body not working like it did.

He got paid huge in guaranteed money. ie: DGAF, I got mine.

He went from a basic high-level pro athlete (as in before the charges, the only thing I could tell you about Watson was that he was a fun QB to watch in Houston) to a guy who was pretty much hated by the general public. ie: Along with what you said, that could be the sort of thing that weighs on a person's mind.

And probably other stuff I'm just not thinking of right now. I do know that from watching some of their game Sunday, he looked like he did when he played last year. Decision-making wasn't great, didn't go downfield to stretch the field, wasn't even that accurate on shorter stuff and got hurt a bit by drops (at least I saw Njoku drop one). Also probably doesn't help that without Chubb, they can't count on a consistent run game to take the pressure off, but old man Flacco had the same situation there and put up way better numbers.

To your last point, there was a common theme with Flacco & Mayfield, they both thrived in a play action system. Flacco, for the time off, was plug & play. Watson isn't "comfortable" under center and with his back to the defense so they run this spread shit. If Watson would utilize play action, from under center, he could be lethal but he just won't do it.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 15, 2024 3:59 PM

Soooo many penalties

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 15, 2024 4:00 PM

That CBS camera stayed on that Jags cheerleader (one with the belly) for as long as I’ve ever seen. Like trying to start a trend on X or something.

Browns punter just got the game ball. That punt scored a 100 out of a 100. Needed win

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 15, 2024 4:19 PM

Jesus…the nearly lost that? WTH is Deshaun doing throwing and that play call lol. 

No one fucking values the clock….and with that I can almost be convinced this stuff is rugged to keep such a crazy number of games coming down to a nail-biting final play.

That Jags received nearly turned a miracle

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Sep 15, 2024 4:35 PM

Defense looked solid and Watson looked better. 

Actually conjured up 125 rushing yards. O-Line is still playing poor with little discipline.

Safety at the end was huge but agree with the WTF on the 3rd down call late in the game. I thought they might have Watson keep it on a RPO keeper but trying to pass there was too cute by Stefanski. 

NYG's and Daniel Jones coming to town next Sunday.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Sep 15, 2024 4:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Defense looked solid and Watson looked better. 

Actually conjured up 125 rushing yards. O-Line is still playing poor with little discipline.

Safety at the end was huge but agree with the WTF on the 3rd down call late in the game. I thought they might have Watson keep it on a RPO keeper but trying to pass there was too cute by Stefanski. 

NYG's and Daniel Jones coming to town next Sunday.

I didn’t get to watch a ton but I did see Watson resembling old Watson with his ridiculous ability to avoid a tackle and totally making a play…but then the brain dead incompletion that wasn’t far from a fumble would’ve been a nightmare and I’d guess an L

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Sep 15, 2024 7:49 PM
posted by Ironman92

I didn’t get to watch a ton but I did see Watson resembling old Watson with his ridiculous ability to avoid a tackle and totally making a play…but then the brain dead incompletion that wasn’t far from a fumble would’ve been a nightmare and I’d guess an L

This game should've never came to this. Watson hit a wide Amari Cooper right in the hands for a first down on 3rd and long and he drops it (Coop needs to get it together....twice in 2 weeks he drops wide open/catchable balls). Had to settle for a FG. 

To show the ridiculousness of their lack of discipline, ensuing kickoff the Browns force/recover a fumble deep in Jags territory only to be overturned by an offsides penalty on the KICKER. 

Then you have a RB rip off a 15+ yard run inside the Jags 10 only for the RB to be called for a facemask then the Keystone Cops parade of penalties ensue. So Browns-like.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 15, 2024 10:20 PM

I didn’t like the call, but it wasn’t awful. If the throw is wide open you make it. As soon as it wasn’t, you take the sack. Deshaun with a brain fart on that one — but he did look loads better.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 16, 2024 7:20 AM

On that 3rd down debacle, that was on Watson. The play called for throw it if it's open, otherwise take the sack. He potentially put the ball in harms way. Have to have better veteran situational awareness there. Stefanski was pretty pissed at him.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Sep 19, 2024 11:40 AM
posted by Laley23

I didn’t like the call, but it wasn’t awful. If the throw is wide open you make it. As soon as it wasn’t, you take the sack. Deshaun with a brain fart on that one — but he did look loads better.

They asked him again about this one and he said he was trying to throw a TD to Cedrick Tillman. If you re-watch the video, Tillman is clearly behind the defender and wide open. Only problem is that Watson didn't have enough space to uncork it.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Sep 27, 2024 3:36 PM

Browns won't face Davante Adams OR Maxx Crosby on Sunday. I still expect them to lose.

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Sep 27, 2024 7:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Browns won't face Davante Adams OR Maxx Crosby on Sunday. I still expect them to lose.

What’s up with Crosby? That’s gigantic

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Sep 27, 2024 10:26 PM
posted by Ironman92

What’s up with Crosby? That’s gigantic

Ankle. Doesn't matter. I think half of the Browns team is on IR. Conklin still hasn't played and lazy ass/not sure if a I wanna play football, Jed Wills is banged up AGAIN. Still no Njoku. O-Line is decimated, 3 of 5 starters out. If you guys were playing the Browns Watt might break the record for sacks in a game. 

Knew this was going to be a shitty season but not this much of a nightmare. The early season was supposed to be the "easy" part of the schedule.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 6:30 PM

Another Sunday, another shit performance. Defense can’t tackle worth shit. Cooper drop leads to a bad pick. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 110 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 8:11 PM
posted by iclfan2

Another Sunday, another shit performance. 

And there will be more. 
BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 7:47 AM
posted by BRF
And there will be more. 

The only bright spot is that today opens the 21 day window for Chubb to start practicing to see if he's ready. Unfortunately, with that O-Line, I think even he won't help make a difference.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 7:56 AM

Watson didn't play poorly yesterday but this was the last 4th & 3 play where he took the sack...

user generated

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login