2024 Cleveland Browns Season Thread

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 21, 2024 9:54 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I wanted the guy benched but didn't want him to go out that way. Now people can see why, after 50 years being a Browns fan, I've never attended a game with the assholes cheering this injury. Same ilk as people hoping the two attempts on Trump were successful. Bunch of idiots.

That is incredibly disingenuous. Assassinating someone v being happy that a sexual predator is not longer QBing your team are quite different. 

I would not have cheered. I also do not think we have ever seen an injury to a player in this regard. If he had gotten karma some other way, we'd all be happy. He has his $230M, he isn't dead, and will live a completely normal life. I find it hard to condemn people for cheering when a horrible human has karma brought upon them. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Oct 21, 2024 9:56 AM
posted by Laley23

That is incredibly disingenuous. Assassinating someone v being happy that a sexual predator is not longer QBing your team are quite different. 

I would not have cheered. I also do not think we have ever seen an injury to a player in this regard. If he had gotten karma some other way, we'd all be happy. He has his $230M, he isn't dead, and will live a completely normal life. I find it hard to condemn people for cheering when a horrible human has karma brought upon them. 

It's classless and the fan base has done this before (see Tim Couch). 

Mon, Oct 21, 2024 10:05 AM
posted by BR1986FB

It's classless and the fan base has done this before (see Tim Couch). 

Couch was cheered for bad play when he got hurt. That is a lot different. Watson is being cheered because the fan base no longer has to cheer for a sexual predator. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 87 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 21, 2024 10:26 AM

I think most fans weren’t thrilled to have him, but there were also plenty with “whatever, he wasn’t convicted, they just wanted his money, every other team has bad guys, too, blah blah” Those fans better have kept their mouths shut yesterday. 

I wouldn’t cheer for any player getting hurt. And I get the Browns players have to defend their guy. But Garrett can fuck all the way off with his model citizen and “does everything right” BS. 

Browns in an interesting spot. Season is over. No one should pretend with 8-2 they could potentially do this or that, especially with games against Pittsburgh x2, KC, Chargers, etc. But with Winston coming in they could still win some games and shoot their draft positioning in the foot. 

Mon, Oct 21, 2024 10:55 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I think most fans weren’t thrilled to have him, but there were also plenty with “whatever, he wasn’t convicted, they just wanted his money, every other team has bad guys, too, blah blah” Those fans better have kept their mouths shut yesterday. 

I wouldn’t cheer for any player getting hurt. And I get the Browns players have to defend their guy. But Garrett can fuck all the way off with his model citizen and “does everything right” BS. 

Browns in an interesting spot. Season is over. No one should pretend with 8-2 they could potentially do this or that, especially with games against Pittsburgh x2, KC, Chargers, etc. But with Winston coming in they could still win some games and shoot their draft positioning in the foot. 

This was me. I didnt care that he was a bad dude, if he helped the team win whatever. I certainly didnt enjoy that he was my QB or that I had to root for him, so I am THRILLED he is no longer behind center. But I was never going to cheer against the Browns just because Watson was the QB. 
Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 21, 2024 10:34 PM

Jameis going powerful 

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/WU9cBknBvmhobs9B/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login