2020 NFL Thread...

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’m actually unhappy Haden is back. He gets toasted way too often. IMO the 4th best CB on the team

And now you know how we felt about his overrated ass.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:18 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And now you know how we felt about his overrated ass.

He’s not in tune with his true abilities.....gambles like Deion but can’t recover.

When he was out the Hilton and Nelson were good

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:25 PM

Is there on the planet that understands what is going on with Ben? He’s not dumb....lose his ability ...sure could have but smart enough to understand limitations.

I’ve not seen anything of the such. It’s baffling. He needs benched. Going for worst QB line in NFL history....against the Bengals.

How did they win 11 games? Don’t give me the easy schedule because they are getting blasted by the Bengals who are as bad as it gets.

Just wondering. I’ve never seen anyone lose it so far so fast.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:29 PM

If you would have told me one team was winning 17-0 while the losing teams QB had -2 passing yards.....I would have mixed up the teams.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:31 PM
posted by Ironman92

He’s not in tune with his true abilities.....gambles like Deion but can’t recover.

When he was out the Hilton and Nelson were good

I was done with him when he got burnt by Cecil Shorts and his blazing 4.7 speed for a game winning TD when the Browns played the Jags years ago.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:38 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I was done with him when he got burnt by Cecil Shorts and his blazing 4.7 speed for a game winning TD when the Browns played the Jags years ago.

He’s garnering too much attention though here.....this is about Ben being so inexplicably bad that he’s killed his own defense.....now that is BAD

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:43 PM
posted by Ironman92

He’s garnering too much attention though here.....this is about Ben being so inexplicably bad that he’s killed his own defense.....now that is BAD

If Roethlisberger continues playing like this I wonder if Tomlin would have the stones to pull the plug on him and go to Rudolph?

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 9:59 PM

Rudolph vs Miles week 17 

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 10:52 PM

Just noticed on the crawler that Kevin Greene has died at 58. He was a heckuva player. Rams and Steelers.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 11:23 PM

2x on 2nd and 1 they pass and terrible plays....then run on 3rd down and lose 2 yards

Get the first and get a new set of downs 

The NFL is bought off because no way could Ben be that atrocious in the first half snd then somehow make a game of it. Bengals clearly tried to lose and they couldn’t out lose Ben.

Merry Christmas to the Bengals....from Big Ben

I’d bench him. No one could be worse and he’ll be scared shitless vs Colts pressure. I wonder what the moment was where he lot the desire to play and not worry about injury. He’s frightened. Shook.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 11:29 PM
posted by Ironman92

2x on 2nd and 1 they pass and terrible plays....then run on 3rd down and lose 2 yards

Get the first and get a new set of downs 

The NFL is bought off because no way could Ben be that atrocious in the first half snd then somehow make a game of it. Bengals clearly tried to lose and they couldn’t out lose Ben.

Merry Christmas to the Bengals....from Big Ben

I’d bench him. No one could be worse and he’ll be scared shitless vs Colts pressure. I wonder what the moment was where he lot the desire to play and not worry about injury. He’s frightened. Shook.

Possible the Browns/Steelers game is going to mean something in week 17. As I see it, no way Pittsburgh's beating Indy if they keep playing this listlessly. 

I think it might have been you who said it a couple of weeks ago that they were "an 8-4 team that was lucky to be 11-1" or something to that effect. They had close calls against Jeff Driskel (Denver backup), Carson Wentz (benched) and, I think, Garrett Gilbert (Dallas). Now they get beaten by Finley and the Bengal defense. Maybe JuJu should stop dancing on opponents logos before the game?

While you're saying you'd bench him, the dumbass, who looks done, is saying he's coming back another season.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 11:37 PM

Need that “how it started vs how it ended” meme of Juju dancing before the game then going 3 for 15yds with a fumble.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 11:49 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Possible the Browns/Steelers game is going to mean something in week 17. As I see it, no way Pittsburgh's beating Indy if they keep playing this listlessly. 

I think it might have been you who said it a couple of weeks ago that they were "an 8-4 team that was lucky to be 11-1" or something to that effect. They had close calls against Jeff Driskel (Denver backup), Carson Wentz (benched) and, I think, Garrett Gilbert (Dallas). Now they get beaten by Finley and the Bengal defense. Maybe JuJu should stop dancing on opponents logos before the game?

While you're saying you'd bench him, the dumbass, who looks done, is saying he's coming back another season.

Lol...you saw the first half

How are they going to beat anyone? Ebron hurt, one of Ben’s favorite targets. Ben can’t complete anything over 10 yards....and really not close.

Defense missing 3 of 4 top LB and they get tired as hell with all the 3 and outs.

We’ll see how good Tomlin is....rah rah won’t cut it.

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Dec 21, 2020 11:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Need that “how it started vs how it ended” meme of Juju dancing before the game then going 3 for 15yds with a fumble.

He hasn’t done anything for weeks. The hell is he doing? Meanwhile crazy AB is behaving and doing well. This falls on lack of offensive leadership and back onto Tomlin. Selfish dumbass receiver.

Dance after a go ahead TD you dumb shit. Lord

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Dec 22, 2020 8:48 AM
posted by Ironman92

Lol...you saw the first half

How are they going to beat anyone? Ebron hurt, one of Ben’s favorite targets. Ben can’t complete anything over 10 yards....and really not close.

Defense missing 3 of 4 top LB and they get tired as hell with all the 3 and outs.

We’ll see how good Tomlin is....rah rah won’t cut it.

Agree with what you're saying. With the way they played last night they're going to need a miracle to beat Indy on Sunday. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Dec 22, 2020 10:25 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Agree with what you're saying. With the way they played last night they're going to need a miracle to beat Indy on Sunday. 

Or because football

There won’t be a crazier upset than the Jets beating the Rams

Steelers will need to be +2 in turnovers and one bing a TD the other way to have a chance. Rivers can throw a pick 6.

But I’d guess a  26-10 type game 
Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 22, 2020 11:43 AM

So, from 11-0 to 11-5 and a first-round exit in the playoffs. Because the team went from "flawed, but gets the job done" to "completely impotent on offense" just like that. A quarterback whose only concern is getting rid of the ball as quick as possible. A receiver who puts all his focus into his pre-game dance and then contributes nothing after that. A team so mentally soft that their response to a Bengal doing his own dance after a turnover is to drill him five yards out of bounds to further handicap a defense that is being forced to do 100% of the work.

2020 is gonna 2020, I guess.

I think the biggest indictment of where this team is at is that Juju fumble play. It's 3rd and 7 in a game where you have done nothing on offense, so the play is to...dump off a short pass to a guy behind the line of scrimmage in the hopes he can get by the two guys who have a direct line on him and then run 7-8 yards for the first down. Uh, yeah...might want to work on Basic Football IQ, guys. Showed as much enthusiasm for a division clinching game against a weak opponent that I'd show for a 16-hour work day with no pay.

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Dec 22, 2020 1:44 PM
posted by Heretic

So, from 11-0 to 11-5 and a first-round exit in the playoffs. Because the team went from "flawed, but gets the job done" to "completely impotent on offense" just like that. A quarterback whose only concern is getting rid of the ball as quick as possible. A receiver who puts all his focus into his pre-game dance and then contributes nothing after that. A team so mentally soft that their response to a Bengal doing his own dance after a turnover is to drill him five yards out of bounds to further handicap a defense that is being forced to do 100% of the work.

2020 is gonna 2020, I guess.

I think the biggest indictment of where this team is at is that Juju fumble play. It's 3rd and 7 in a game where you have done nothing on offense, so the play is to...dump off a short pass to a guy behind the line of scrimmage in the hopes he can get by the two guys who have a direct line on him and then run 7-8 yards for the first down. Uh, yeah...might want to work on Basic Football IQ, guys. Showed as much enthusiasm for a division clinching game against a weak opponent that I'd show for a 16-hour work day with no pay.

Maybe a little gut check speech from Shazier?

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Dec 22, 2020 2:23 PM

I cannot stop laughing at this.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 23, 2020 11:45 AM

I was reading the paper this morning and just now saw that the Bengals beat the Steelers.  Unbelievable!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login