2020 NFL Preseason

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 6, 2020 6:43 PM

If you leave the sport because of something like this, you were never a very big fan to begin with. Just a casual fan.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 13, 2020 9:34 AM

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 13, 2020 12:21 PM

To play the so called black national anthem before a game is fucking retarded.

With that said, if you give up the NFL because of it then you are equally retarded.

Imagine most folks who say that fall under the category like my mother in law, "I will never follow the NFL again after Kapernick kneeling for the NA. I dont care how many Super Bowls the Reds win, Ill never watch again"

Mon, Jul 13, 2020 12:46 PM

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 13, 2020 3:08 PM
posted by thavoice

To play the so called black national anthem before a game is fucking retarded.

With that said, if you give up the NFL because of it then you are equally retarded.

Imagine most folks who say that fall under the category like my mother in law, "I will never follow the NFL again after Kapernick kneeling for the NA. I dont care how many Super Bowls the Reds win, Ill never watch again"

You’re a trash human being  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 6:36 PM

Looks like Washington's got bigger problems than what their shitty team is named if there's any truth to the sexual abuse allegations delivered today.

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 6:55 PM
posted by Heretic

Looks like Washington's got bigger problems than what their shitty team is named if there's any truth to the sexual abuse allegations delivered today.

If some of these rumors are true, there is no way Snyder can keep the team. Hell, most of the minority owners have already hired lawyers to get them out of the arrangement.

Gonna be interesting 

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 7:04 PM

I missed it. Link?

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 7:13 PM
posted by justincredible

I missed it. Link?

No one has really reported it yet. Supposedly the Washington post is releasing the article tomorrow. But everyone is afraid to report it because of a lawsuit. 

Go on twitter and search Washington scandal, Dan Snyder, Jay Gruden  

You’ll read about it there

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 8:12 PM

It’s bad, but it’s not as bad as people were making it seem (talking about child trafficking, sex parties/prostitution of cheerleaders, etc)

It’s basically 15 former employees accused high ups and scouts of sexual harasssment. 

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 8:30 PM

Apparently there is some smoke of owners bribing refs, as well. That would be a HUGE scandal if it can be proven. A lot of sketchy reffing over the years, I always suspected something was up...

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 8:39 PM
posted by justincredible

Apparently there is some smoke of owners bribing refs, as well. That would be a HUGE scandal if it can be proven. A lot of sketchy reffing over the years, I always suspected something was up...

A ton of head scratching happenings over the last several years. Certainly not unbelievable.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 8:49 PM
posted by justincredible

If it's the Cheatriots I'm sure another slap on the wrist while Belichick and Kraft have a good laugh.

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 8:52 PM
posted by justincredible

I have absolutely no proof of this, but here’s my theory:

The paying off the refs was in the original WaPo report, but lawyers got involved and they removed it from the article. That’s why it took so long for them to release this. 

Because that rumor was being reported by everyone, so it was definitely being discussed, IMO

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 9:02 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I have absolutely no proof of this, but here’s my theory:

The paying off the refs was in the original WaPo report, but lawyers got involved and they removed it from the article. That’s why it took so long for them to release this. 

Because that rumor was being reported by everyone, so it was definitely being discussed, IMO

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 9:13 PM
posted by justincredible

😍

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 10:16 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I'm shocked WaPo was going to print an allegation like that without evidence or unimpeachable sources.
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 11:31 PM
posted by gut
I'm shocked WaPo was going to print an allegation like that without evidence or unimpeachable sources.

Yeah it probably came down to “do we have any hard evidence?” And the answer was no. But there was most likely plenty of smoke  

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jul 17, 2020 12:26 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah it probably came down to “do we have any hard evidence?” And the answer was no. But there was most likely plenty of smoke 

That, or Bezos wants to become an owner.

It wouldn't be shocking, given that we had 1 NBA ref that was being paid off by gambling syndicates.  But it's truly an unbelievable allegation - how would you go about finding refs who'd take a bribe without risk of being reported to the league?  I guess it would have to work just like the gambling syndicate - someone no one knows makes a one-time take it or leave it offer.

I know the operating theory on Steeler boards has been officials are mandated or incentivized to keep games close.  "Equalize" the playing field, so to speak.  That theory gained a lot of traction when they went to the master reviewer in NY, who then proceeded to make some shocking and egregious rulings and then did the opposite in later weeks.  NE, especially, seemed to benefit both ways from that.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jul 21, 2020 10:05 PM

Preseason games canceled.  Can't say I really care, although I have enjoyed watching the rookies and seeing the battles for the final spots at the bottom of the roster.

Real question is how much is the NFL season in jeopardy now?

Also, the owners wanted to escrow 35% of salaries to offset an expected drop of $40-$80M in the cap next year because of lower revenues.  As you can imagine, that was well received by the NFLPA.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login