2020 Browns

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 7, 2020 9:56 PM

I like this schedule WAY better than last year.  

Last year, I remember bitching a few times about the schedule (which I really thought was a screw job.....but, hey, I’m a Browns fan) and being laced into by vball about complaining about it and how it’s no excuse. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, May 8, 2020 2:34 AM

I don't like starting the season on MNF, but overall I think this schedule is much more balanced than last year.  At least on paper.  

To be fair, I think I liked last year's schedule until after 3 games it was obvious the Browns had 0 breathing room until their 9th game.  Regardless, they have to show up and play the games.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 8, 2020 6:49 AM
posted by like_that

I don't like starting the season on MNF, but overall I think this schedule is much more balanced than last year.  At least on paper.  

Guess it’s a good thing we start on Sunday at 1 then! Love all the 1pm starts other than Thurs, Mon, and colts at 4. I do like the spread of this schedule and think the Browns have a good shot of being decent. But I’ve said that before so I expect 4-12.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, May 8, 2020 8:27 AM
posted by iclfan2

Guess it’s a good thing we start on Sunday at 1 then! Love all the 1pm starts other than Thurs, Mon, and colts at 4. I do like the spread of this schedule and think the Browns have a good shot of being decent. But I’ve said that before so I expect 4-12.

Assuming they don't shit the bed against Cincy, they have a decent shot at starting 2-2.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 8, 2020 9:06 AM

Couldn’t ask for a better schedule, more I look at it. That mid-season home stretch with a BYE is real nice. Might as well play @ Ravens first game of the season, when there isn’t much tape out yet and maybe they’ll be a bit rusty. 

First 3 road games are tough, but nothing too impossible. 

I like it, sets them up for a playoff run. 

Fri, May 8, 2020 9:22 AM
posted by iclfan2

lol, that's on me.  I was looking at the schedule thru an Italian IP, so the times were late and I just automatically assumed it was a primetime game.  Probably would have helped if I actually looked at the date and not assume it was MNF. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, May 8, 2020 10:28 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Couldn’t ask for a better schedule, more I look at it. That mid-season home stretch with a BYE is real nice. Might as well play @ Ravens first game of the season, when there isn’t much tape out yet and maybe they’ll be a bit rusty. 

First 3 road games are tough, but nothing too impossible. 

I like it, sets them up for a playoff run. 

The blueprint has been laid out on how to stop the Ravens. Both SD & Tennessee showed how to do it in the playoffs the last two years.

Tennessee pounded the run at that defense and Baltimore had no answer for it. Stefanski's not dumb. I think he will simplify this offense (a lot due to Covid) with 30-40 plays and will run the shit out of Chubb/Hunt, setting up play action for Baker to go over the top to OBJ (if he's ready). What's beautiful about Stefanski's offense is that they run multiple plays out of the same sets and I get the impression the wide ZBS is easy to learn if you have the right personnel (athletic O-Linemen).

Defensively, both the Chargers and Titans showed that if you sell out to stop the run, and more importantly, force Lamar to throw the ball down the field and to the sidelines, he's screwed. Jackson feasts on hitting wide open TE's in the seam. Take that away and your biggest concern is containing him from taking off.

All of this is easier said than done, with Baltimore, but the blueprint is there to stop them.

And all of this could be a moot point because, with Covid, the week 1 game may end up being the week 18 game if the season gets pushed back and the opener could be against Cincy, or the following week, etc, etc.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 8, 2020 11:12 AM
posted by BR1986FB

The blueprint has been laid out on how to stop the Ravens. Both SD & Tennessee showed how to do it in the playoffs the last two years.

Tennessee pounded the run at that defense and Baltimore had no answer for it. Stefanski's not dumb. I think he will simplify this offense (a lot due to Covid) with 30-40 plays and will run the shit out of Chubb/Hunt, setting up play action for Baker to go over the top to OBJ (if he's ready). What's beautiful about Stefanski's offense is that they run multiple plays out of the same sets and I get the impression the wide ZBS is easy to learn if you have the right personnel (athletic O-Linemen).

Defensively, both the Chargers and Titans showed that if you sell out to stop the run, and more importantly, force Lamar to throw the ball down the field and to the sidelines, he's screwed. Jackson feasts on hitting wide open TE's in the seam. Take that away and your biggest concern is containing him from taking off.

All of this is easier said than done, with Baltimore, but the blueprint is there to stop them.

And all of this could be a moot point because, with Covid, the week 1 game may end up being the week 18 game if the season gets pushed back and the opener could be against Cincy, or the following week, etc, etc.

I am not sold on the Ravens and Jackson as well.

Defenses will adjust, and it just takes one hit, bad cut, slip, etc and Jackson is out and/or severely hindered.   

I know what they want out of these week 17 division games and when it works out that both are contending it is awesome, but man a vast majority of times these week 17 games done mean much at all.

Season will go on, and as I said before if there are any delays they will cut the preseason short.  The way I see it is they have almost a month to play with to keep almost on schedule.  Cancel everyones first 2 preseason games, and push the start of the season two weeks. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 8, 2020 11:33 AM

If they can manage to not slip up vs Cinci, I love the mini-bye before a winnable home game. Great chance to start 2-1 and have confidence heading into a tough 3 game stretch. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, May 8, 2020 11:55 AM
posted by thavoice

I am not sold on the Ravens and Jackson as well.

Defenses will adjust, and it just takes one hit, bad cut, slip, etc and Jackson is out and/or severely hindered.   

I know what they want out of these week 17 division games and when it works out that both are contending it is awesome, but man a vast majority of times these week 17 games done mean much at all.

Season will go on, and as I said before if there are any delays they will cut the preseason short.  The way I see it is they have almost a month to play with to keep almost on schedule.  Cancel everyones first 2 preseason games, and push the start of the season two weeks. 

Harbaugh & Greg Roman are just riding the L-Jax train until it gets shut down. You can see, even by his backups, that they have tailored an offense with the assumption that the QB will get hurt, at some point, Kudos to them for doing so because if Jackson landed in Cleveland with a coach like a Pat Shurmer, etc they would've made the QB adapt to their system versus vice versa.

I will say that I give Jackson his props for improving his throwing game last year but color me skeptical that he's going to overcome his sideline and deep ball throwing issues. With as hard as he works, and his humility, wouldn't surprise me if he does but it won't be easy.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 8, 2020 1:28 PM

Wouldn't it be something if Covid pushes week 1 to week 18 and the Browns/Bengals become the NFLs opening game.

BR1986FB Senior Member
BR1986FB Senior Member
BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, May 11, 2020 9:21 PM

OMG the hilarity. Some of the worst bandwagon fans (Seahawks) in the world have totally lost their minds starting this rumor..

Charles Robinson@CharlesRobinson

As much as I don’t want to break up the entertaining twitter brouhaha between and fans, Myles Garrett isn’t being traded to Seattle. Cleveland is working hard on an extension. Garrett will be shot to Mars in a rocket before he’s dealt to Seattle. Not. Happening.

6:21 PM - May 11, 2020

What are the Browns supposed to get in return you ask? KJ Wright, a 2nd, a 6th and a 7th round pick. 

Tue, May 12, 2020 12:23 AM

^it was all started by a guy on reddit with the username everybodylovesnudez  Lol

He actually was invited on a Seattle sports talk station to talk about his source. Unreal what people will listen to these days, because at least 2-3 sports journalists comment on the rumor. 

Tue, May 12, 2020 3:54 AM

0 chance Myles gets traded. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, May 12, 2020 9:25 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

^it was all started by a guy on reddit with the username everybodylovesnudez  Lol

He actually was invited on a Seattle sports talk station to talk about his source. Unreal what people will listen to these days, because at least 2-3 sports journalists comment on the rumor. 

False alarm. Sounds like it was a Packers fan trolling the Seahawks fans.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, May 12, 2020 9:29 PM

Well this would be interesting. Sign Peters to a 1 year deal, put Wills at RG and let him learn the game. That would be one of the best O-Lines in the league.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Report-Browns-Remain-in-Contact-With-Jason-Peters-147078812/

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 12, 2020 11:22 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Well this would be interesting. Sign Peters to a 1 year deal, put Wills at RG and let him learn the game. That would be one of the best O-Lines in the league.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Report-Browns-Remain-in-Contact-With-Jason-Peters-147078812/

The article states they wont put him at RG, since they want him to be the LT of the future. 

Wed, May 13, 2020 9:07 AM
posted by BR1986FB

That would make no sense. Spend the 10th pick on a LT of the future, and immediately sign a LT and move that pick to guard? Absolutely no way they do that. 

Now, adding peters for depth, I can see that. And would love that. Especially for the mentoring reason. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login