2020 Browns

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jun 18, 2020 10:07 PM
posted by Al Bundy

It is also possible that Peoples-Jones will be a rookie without a camp to adjust to the NFL, and Higgins hasn't been very reliable so far in his career.

Also valid points. I can't speak for Stefanski & Co but the impression I've had is that this will be a VERY TE heavy offense, with 3 TE's on the field at times. Between OBJ, Landry, Hooper and Njoku, they should be able to create mismatches, buying time for Peoples-Jones and the rookie TE (Bryant) to get up to speed. Hunt & Higgins will just be the cherries on top of the sundae, so to speak. This is all assume a) the season starts on time and b) both Landry & OBJ are physically ready.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 20, 2020 8:38 PM
posted by BR1986FB

This is all assume a) the season starts on time and b) both Landry & OBJ are physically ready.

I hope we have a season, but I think it's shaping up to be not that "competitive".  By that I mean, looking at baseball and hockey players getting Covid-19, if NFL players aren't going to be isolated I could see losing up to 25% of the roster for a few weeks throughout the year.  A team having all its best players at once might be pretty rare.

There's no way a bunch of young rich guys are going to isolate themselves off the field, and I'm not sure the players with families would be any less likely to get it.  The teams with the most discipline to quarantine off the field might have a big advantage when it comes to making the playoffs.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sat, Jun 20, 2020 10:55 PM
posted by gut

I hope we have a season, but I think it's shaping up to be not that "competitive".  By that I mean, looking at baseball and hockey players getting Covid-19, if NFL players aren't going to be isolated I could see losing up to 25% of the roster for a few weeks throughout the year.  A team having all its best players at once might be pretty rare.

There's no way a bunch of young rich guys are going to isolate themselves off the field, and I'm not sure the players with families would be any less likely to get it.  The teams with the most discipline to quarantine off the field might have a big advantage when it comes to making the playoffs.

Not to derail the thread onto a shitty topic but that's why I think Anthony Lynn (Chargers HC) may give Kaepernick a look. Not because he brings much value but because they may need bodies for backup/3rd string if someone gets Covid-10.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 20, 2020 11:31 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not to derail the thread onto a shitty topic but that's why I think Anthony Lynn (Chargers HC) may give Kaepernick a look. Not because he brings much value but because they may need bodies for backup/3rd string if someone gets Covid-10.

I think Cam Newton is still out there, too.  I don't think Kap will want to play 3rd string, and not even back-up for anything less than several million a year.

It's amazing to me what the Steelers did last year with complete garbage at QB.  Both were very serviceable their first few games - I can't believe defenses are so scared and incapable of attacking such limited guys without 4 games of tape.  LOL, I thought Landry Jones would have been better than those two guys the Steelers had.  Until I saw him play in the XFL.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Jun 21, 2020 8:53 AM
posted by gut

I think Cam Newton is still out there, too.  I don't think Kap will want to play 3rd string, and not even back-up for anything less than several million a year.

It's amazing to me what the Steelers did last year with complete garbage at QB.  Both were very serviceable their first few games - I can't believe defenses are so scared and incapable of attacking such limited guys without 4 games of tape.  LOL, I thought Landry Jones would have been better than those two guys the Steelers had.  Until I saw him play in the XFL.

I'm skeptical that Kaepernick even still wants to play. Plus, what will he bring to the table, not playing in 4 years?

I think a lot of Pittsburgh's success can be attributed to the addition of Minkah Fitzpatrick. That defense was good but they just took off with his addition. I think he may have won a few games himself (Rams come to mind but the refs blew that call) scoring on defense. They should've easily been a playoff team if they had gotten even "average" QB play.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 2:56 PM

Njoku demanding a trade 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 3:19 PM

^^^ How’s come?

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 4:58 PM
posted by BRF

^^^ How’s come?

He is now the third best TE on the team?

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 5:30 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

He is now the third best TE on the team?

Ah, I see.  He’s butt hurt.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 6:30 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Njoku demanding a trade 

Haven’t been on twitter today, you shitting me? He’s literally in a prime spot to run  2 TEs in stefansk’s offense. What a fuck

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:38 PM
posted by iclfan2

Haven’t been on twitter today, you shitting me? He’s literally in a prime spot to run  2 TEs in stefansk’s offense. What a fuck

Yep, Njoku would be in the perfect offense to resurrect his career after last year. Maybe KFF was right in this instance and Njoku was the problem?

Can't see them getting much for him in a trade, if they move him. Ideal spot, imo, would be to see if Dallas wanted to move one of their LB's (Browns weak spot) for a TE (Cowboys week spot).

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:38 PM
posted by iclfan2

Yeah Rosenhaus has asked the browns to trade him...2 years left on the contract. 

I know you guys aren’t high on him, but he’s only 23. I don’t like this. And now teams will trade rape us because they know we’ve got to get something for him 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:39 PM

We’ll get nothing in a trade. Ugh, so annoyed that he is being a big bitch now. Wtf.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 4, 2020 7:58 PM

He sucks. Don’t care.

Sat, Jul 4, 2020 8:08 PM
posted by Laley23

He sucks. Don’t care.

He does not suck 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Jul 5, 2020 1:15 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah Rosenhaus has asked the browns to trade him...2 years left on the contract. 

I know you guys aren’t high on him, but he’s only 23. I don’t like this. And now teams will trade rape us because they know we’ve got to get something for him 

Then they should tell him to fuck off and dare him to sit out for 2 years under a rookie contract.  
like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Jul 5, 2020 1:18 PM
posted by like_that
Then they should tell him to fuck off and dare him to sit out for 2 years under a rookie contract.  

Is there not an edit feature yet?  I meant to add I didn't even realize he still had 2 years left on his contract.  That's a wild move on his part.  Was Njoku around when Rosenhaus encouraged Pryor to overplay his hand?  If so, he should know better. 

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Sun, Jul 5, 2020 1:52 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

He does not suck 

Blocking and consistently catching basic passes, yes

Making extremely hard catches, no

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 5, 2020 10:37 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

He does not suck 

I’ve seen absolutely nothing out of him to suggest I am wrong and you are right. He is unplayable in the run game, and can’t do anything but make catches that subsequently land him on the PUP list in the passing game.

Sun, Jul 5, 2020 10:46 PM
posted by Laley23

I’ve seen absolutely nothing out of him to suggest I am wrong and you are right. He is unplayable in the run game, and can’t do anything but make catches that subsequently land him on the PUP list in the passing game.

He doesn’t suck is my point. I think all things considered he was a bust for a first rounder. But he has 9 TDs and a few big games, he isn’t terrible. We just all expected more. But that’s what happens when you draft a guy on potential—they almost never fully pan out. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login