56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 17, 2019 9:40 PM

Quarterbacks taken in Round 1? 

What say you?

Who is going to take 5’9 3/4 Murray?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 17, 2019 10:12 PM

From the other thread. I’ll go at least 3, but probly 4. Haskins, Jones, Murray, Lock. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 12:33 PM
posted by Ironman92

Quarterbacks taken in Round 1? 

What say you?

Who is going to take 5’9 3/4 Murray?

Is that his official weigh in? YIKES

Let me think, 5 went last yr right?

Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson

So you think those 5 won't, some teams like Bears, Rams, Chiefs, Seahawks, Texans, Lions, Steelers, 49ers, GB, Falcons, Panthers, Colts, Eagles,  Titans, Cowboys (Probably not) won't take a QB unless something unforeseen happens.

That leaves Bengals, Giants (LMAO), Raiders, Jags, Slurs, lolphins, Broncos,MAYBE Chargers? left to take a QB? 3 seems reasonable number to me.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 12:36 PM

Kyler Murray is smaller than Pat White.

I want Haskins to go to the Gmen, just so I can watch him all the time because I don't have cable and I'm always stuck with Jets or Giants.

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 12:51 PM

Can't see more than 3 being taken.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 1:32 PM
posted by Automatik

Kyler Murray is smaller than Pat White.

I want Haskins to go to the Gmen, just so I can watch him all the time because I don't have cable and I'm always stuck with Jets or Giants.

I have sling and paid extra for the sports package during the NFL season, just so I could get redzone.  I thought it was worth it.  Maybe something to consider next season.

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 1:59 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Is that his official weigh in? YIKES

Let me think, 5 went last yr right?

Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson

So you think those 5 won't, some teams like Bears, Rams, Chiefs, Seahawks, Texans, Lions, Steelers, 49ers, GB, Falcons, Panthers, Colts, Eagles,  Titans, Cowboys (Probably not) won't take a QB unless something unforeseen happens.

That leaves Bengals, Giants (LMAO), Raiders, Jags, Slurs, lolphins, Broncos,MAYBE Chargers? left to take a QB? 3 seems reasonable number to me.

You can argue the titans and bears should draft a QB, but they won't.

As for the other teams you listed:

-Redskins, don't see it, because that is not how Snyder works.  He always wants to win FA.  They either stick with Alex Smith or it wouldn't shock me to see them go after Flacco or Foles. 

-Giants: They should, but are also idiots for passing on a QB last year.

-Dolphins:  Definitely should, and I think they will with a new coach coming in.

-Raiders: Giving up on Carr seems knee jerk, but Gruden doesn't seem committed to him.  Watch Carr go to the Patriots and extend their dynasty smh. I can also see the Redskins trading for Carr if Gruden truly wants to reboot the position.

-Broncos: They should draft one.

-Chargers:  I don't think they will.  They probably see themselves as close to contending and perhaps Rivers has a couple more years left in him.

-Bengals:  They should draft a QB, because Dalton is trash, but this is a toss up and depends on who they hire. 

I will go with 3 QBs, but not even close to being impressed with this QB class as the last few years.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 2:06 PM

LT—bears draft a QB? Trubisky had a pretty good second year and is still only 22 years old. He was probably Chicago’s best player in their playoff game, too. They’re probably one of the few teams who don’t have to worry about the QB position. 

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 2:07 PM

By the way, I think the browns should spend one of their 5th rounders on a QB. It’s a really deep QB draft and it always helps to have a viable backup (see: Eagles). There are no stud QBs in this draft but there are probably 8 QBs who could be projects and turn into a decent player. Might as well spend one of their 3 fifth round picks and start grooming a decent backup. 

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 2:10 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

LT—bears draft a QB? Trubisky had a pretty good second year and is still only 22 years old. He was probably Chicago’s best player in their playoff game, too. They’re probably one of the few teams who don’t have to worry about the QB position. 

I know they won't do it, but there are a lot of metrics indicating he was an average QB this year.  That's all you need with a defense like that and solid running.  Just like the Ravens, how long can the Bears count on being the best defense in the league? 

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 2:33 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

By the way, I think the browns should spend one of their 5th rounders on a QB. It’s a really deep QB draft and it always helps to have a viable backup (see: Eagles). There are no stud QBs in this draft but there are probably 8 QBs who could be projects and turn into a decent player. Might as well spend one of their 3 fifth round picks and start grooming a decent backup. 

Not sure where I fall on this topic, but advanced metrics are not kind to Trubs. He literally can't/doesn't throw to the left side of the field.

Granted he's young and blah blah blah, but I'd bet end of his career he's closer to Schuab/Carr/Tannehill/Marcus Mariota than he is to a top 10 QB in the league. Might be a bit much to say give up on him, esp when they don't have a 1st round pick this yr.

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 2:36 PM

He played a lot better later in the season and in the playoffs. ANd a lot of reasonable bears fans I know are fans of his and acknowledge he isn’t a top QB yet but has potential to become one the more game time he gets. 

I think it’s a bit unfair to not watch him play and just point to metrics as to why he isn’t good. 

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 2:48 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

He played a lot better later in the season and in the playoffs. ANd a lot of reasonable bears fans I know are fans of his and acknowledge he isn’t a top QB yet but has potential to become one the more game time he gets. 

I think it’s a bit unfair to not watch him play and just point to metrics as to why he isn’t good. 

Well not throwing to the left side of the field and having a bottom 3 accuracy is hardly a cherry picked advanced stat line. They're two glaring flaws IMO. As you mentioned though, he's 22 yrs old and has potential to improve. I bet he does improved. But does he improve enough is the question. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-final-list-of-pffs-highest-graded-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl-in-2018

He's ranked 30th, YIKES.

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 4:04 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I have actually watched him quite a bit.  Just because, I don't live in Chicago, doesn't mean I don't access to watching him. 

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 4:22 PM
posted by like_that

I have sling and paid extra for the sports package during the NFL season, just so I could get redzone.  I thought it was worth it.  Maybe something to consider next season.

Can you get every game? That's all I want. 

I'd gladly pay if they just offered Sunday ticket via a streaming service... Sling, AppleTV or whatever.

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 4:33 PM
posted by Automatik

Can you get every game? That's all I want. 

I'd gladly pay if they just offered Sunday ticket via a streaming service... Sling, AppleTV or whatever.

Just redzone unfortunately.  NFL Sunday Ticker offers online streaming.  I think Roku offers it, but not sure about the cost.  Definitely not as cheap as sling. 

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 4:41 PM
posted by like_that

Just redzone unfortunately.  NFL Sunday Ticker offers online streaming.  I think Roku offers it, but not sure about the cost.  Definitely not as cheap as sling. 

As someone who had the streaming service for two yrs, I can attest that it was absolute dogshit. I found illegal online streams to be of high quality and less delayed. Unless they've done a major overhaul, I would stay away.

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 4:52 PM

You still have to be a "DirecTV customer" according to my 30 seconds of research. Not sure why the NFL has this exclusive partnership. Just offer it through NFL Network and cut out the middle man. 

I've resorted to illegal streams too, but like I said...I'd gladly pay to be able to watch whatever game I want. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 4:55 PM

The partnership is about to end. The exclusive rights, I believe, will be up at the end of next season. With Amazon (and others) pushing for more rights within the NFL, there are rumors that Goodell may severe ties with DirecTV a year early and put them up for bid. Hopefully when they are back up, Amazon scoops in.

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 5:08 PM
posted by Laley23

The partnership is about to end. The exclusive rights, I believe, will be up at the end of next season. With Amazon (and others) pushing for more rights within the NFL, there are rumors that Goodell may severe ties with DirecTV a year early and put them up for bid. Hopefully when they are back up, Amazon scoops in.

It's insane how hard DirecTV fucked themselves here. They had a golden goose and couldn't get their shit together. Probably be out of business by 2025 once NFL leaves them.

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 5:37 PM

What would you pay to be able to watch all games? I could be wrong, but didn't they offer it through PSN a few years back for like $200? 

Hell I'd probably pay up to $300. I resorted to going to bars a lot this year and they are always packed. I'm kinda over it.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login