2019 Off-Season NFL Chatter

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 5:51 PM
posted by Automatik

What would you pay to be able to watch all games? I could be wrong, but didn't they offer it through PSN a few years back for like $200? 

Hell I'd probably pay up to $300. I resorted to going to bars a lot this year and they are always packed. I'm kinda over it.

I would easily pay $300, but I want to watch all the games and I want it to actually work. When I had it, I paid around $250 I think and the damn thing didn't work. It was so unreliable.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 6:06 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

As someone who had the streaming service for two yrs, I can attest that it was absolute dogshit. I found illegal online streams to be of high quality and less delayed. Unless they've done a major overhaul, I would stay away.

I just do a search like "Jets Patriots stream reddit" and the first hit is usually a reddit thread with links to HD streams. Easy, and other than the occasional stutter, surprisingly good quality.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 6:12 PM
posted by justincredible

I just do a search like "Jets Patriots stream reddit" and the first hit is usually a reddit thread with links to HD streams. Easy, and other than the occasional stutter, surprisingly good quality.

I use my brothers “app” access for the nfl package. But before that, there is an entire forum for reddit streaming that worked everytime. My brother got “deployed” to Europe and his nfl package wouldn’t work for him and reddit streams saved him. It seems to be the best way to watch games I’ve found. Their used to be another site that was similar but it got shutdown a lot. You just search Reddit nfl streaming and there is usually a thread per week with all of the streams they have. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 6:40 PM

I watched every browns game that I wasn’t at a bar on buff streams. It’s so good 

fuck the NFL for not letting me pay money to watch from my cable company. 

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 7:08 PM

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/41795/Steelers-Open-Extension-Talks-With-Ben-Roethlisberger

“Now that we’re seeing quarterbacks around the league that are playing into their 40s,” Rooney said, “I’m not sure there’s any reason that Ben can’t play for several more years. We’re looking forward to that.”

Yeah but those guys: Rivers/Brady/Brees don't weigh 360 lbs and take their career & conditioning seriously. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 7:41 PM

Not sure if serious? Roethlisberger is slimmer than ever. They key is not getting lit up every week. I can't even remember the last time I saw Brady get hit hard.

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 7:44 PM

Slimmer than ever and still fatter than Ted Washington

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 8:15 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/41795/Steelers-Open-Extension-Talks-With-Ben-Roethlisberger

Yeah but those guys: Rivers/Brady/Brees don't weigh 360 lbs and take their career & conditioning seriously. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In rapist's defense, he has faked 95% of his injuries and therefore the "injury toll" isn't actually real. 

posted by Automatik

Not sure if serious? Roethlisberger is slimmer than ever. They key is not getting lit up every week. I can't even remember the last time I saw Brady get hit hard.

Andy Reid lost some weight and is slimmer than ever, but just like rapist he is a fat fuck.   He gets his all the time, because he holds onto the ball for hours.  Everyone just slips off his fat.  If anything he probably should stay fat. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 9:04 PM

Andy Reid was 280 at age 13

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 9:57 PM

He doesn't get hit nearly as much as in the past. Pitts Oline is one of the best, they used to be horrific. 

Brees never gets rocked either.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 10:01 PM
posted by Automatik

I dont see a reason why BR cannot play another 3-4 years.  The key will be how will the OL will play with Munchack accepting a lateral move to Denver.   Most believe AB will be gone, (I think he stays unless Oakland gives up a 1 in a trade) which would suck but the offense has been pretty good.   I think he has matured enough that he wont be looking to break the bank with the extension.

Speaking of extensions, seeing reports that Mahomes may be offered 200 mil after next year?  That window may close quicker than we think

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 23, 2019 10:19 PM
posted by Automatik

He doesn't get hit nearly as much as in the past. Pitts Oline is one of the best, they used to be horrific. 

Brees never gets rocked either.

My worry though is Mike Munchak came back at the same time Ben started getting protection. Munchak was an outstanding offensive line coach...but left for Denver to be near his family.

I worry the line will not be quite as good

Thu, Jan 24, 2019 7:28 AM
posted by thavoice

I dont see a reason why BR cannot play another 3-4 years.  The key will be how will the OL will play with Munchack accepting a lateral move to Denver.   Most believe AB will be gone, (I think he stays unless Oakland gives up a 1 in a trade) which would suck but the offense has been pretty good.   I think he has matured enough that he wont be looking to break the bank with the extension.

Speaking of extensions, seeing reports that Mahomes may be offered 200 mil after next year?  That window may close quicker than we think

AB will return to be the best WR in the league and the OL will remain perfect. 

GOONx19 An exceptional poster.
7,413 posts 94 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 24, 2019 5:22 PM
posted by justincredible

This is what I do, then mirror it to the TV. Didn't have any problems with the Browns this year. I think they were only featured once on the Boston station.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 7:21 PM

Update on what we talked about earlier, now that the season is officially over.

• From Darren Heitner:

NFL can now exercise an option to exit from NFL Sunday Ticket deal with DirecTV. I’m predicting Amazon is in the driver’s seat. Bezos was very present around #SBLIII⁠ ⁠Attachment.png. Would be major disruptor move by @PrimeVideo.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 7:29 PM
posted by like_that

AB will return to be the best WR in the league and the OL will remain perfect. 

Thoughts are they will try to banish him to the NFC in a trade. I was thinking San Fran, but apparently that is a place he wants to go so who knows.

WIll be interesting if they do tag Bell once again and dangle him for a trade.

I do think though something with the Raiders will be worked out. They want talent, and have the first round picks to spare.

Seems that labor peace in the NFL could be coming to an end soon.   They cannot screw this money machine up, can they?

Next year I see the Saints/Bears in the NFC title game and Browns/Chiefs in the AFC.

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 8:04 PM

Naw Steelers take the SB EZ. 

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 8:35 PM
posted by like_that

Naw Steelers take the SB EZ. 

There is no doubt.

COUNT DA RINGZZZZ ALL SE7EN of DEM!!!!!

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009