Progressives, part 3...

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Mar 3, 2024 10:26 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

If there are shitlibs, as you call them, you are blind if you don’t see an equal number of “shitcons”.  

Is there an equal number?  You seem quite certain.  Here in rural Ohio it would seem the shitcons take the cake.  My youngest son who lived in Chicago it would be the shitlibs.  And what about the dontgiveashits?  Maybe we need a study so we know how far down shit creek we really are.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Mar 3, 2024 3:52 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

So "shitlib" is a term meaning economically retarded?

And culturally delusional.

Sun, Mar 3, 2024 3:57 PM

Bush Jr. once made the argument that "you are with us or against us". 

It's interesting that so many libs have adopted that style of thinking. Only now it is "you are with us or you are MAGA!!!!!!!!"

And they can all eat a bag of dicks.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Mar 3, 2024 4:08 PM

It's interesting that so many cons have adopted that style of thinking. Only now it is "you are with us or you are WOKE!!!!!!!!"

You can go round and round with this stuff. My point is each side sees the other the same

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Mar 3, 2024 9:48 PM

My wife tells me I am doing something shitty.  She is 100% correct.  I bring up out of the context of the issue that she also does something equally shitty.  Although I am 100% correct that she also at times is equally shitty it is not directly relevant the current issue.  We all know how effective and wrong this arguement is.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Mar 3, 2024 11:09 PM

It's interesting that so many cons have adopted that style of thinking. Only now it is "you are with us or you are WOKE!!!!!!!!"

More MSNBC-style gaslighting....

Also, trick question - if you are aware of "woke", then you're definitely not a progressive.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 4, 2024 11:28 AM

Trump back on the ballot in Colorado after Supreme Court rules 9-0. Good job, good effort.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Mar 4, 2024 12:14 PM
posted by iclfan2

Trump back on the ballot in Colorado after Supreme Court rules 9-0. Good job, good effort.

The mental gymnastics many on the left went through to pretend that argument had any merit at all was fun to watch.  Sad for democracy, but entertaining.  The IL judge decided on her own to block Trump if it was somehow upheld - you'll not find a more egregious example of legislating from the bench when a lower court had already kicked this, AND it's the legislature that decides who goes on the ballot to begin with.

MAGA certainly doesn't have a monopoly on denial and illogical.

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 12:28 PM
posted by gut

More MSNBC-style gaslighting....

Also, trick question - if you are aware of "woke", then you're definitely not a progressive.

No gaslighting (stupidest fucking term every to become chic).  My point is extreme conservatives talking about how "criminal" or "deranged" extreme liberals are sounds exactly like the way those same liberals talk about them.  Talking in circles.  

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 1:44 PM

No gaslighting (stupidest fucking term every to become chic).  My point is extreme conservatives talking about how "criminal" or "deranged" extreme liberals are sounds exactly like the way those same liberals talk about them.  Talking in circles.  

What is your criteria to label someone, or a group, as *"extreme conservative" ? 

*Edited to correct

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 4:27 PM

It seems to be a general thought that when the left activates or protests it is coming from a good place at best; sometimes misguided. And when the right does it the general thought is that it's insurrection and the Dems shit their pants. 

I hope that we can all agree that most of the time, no matter who does it, it's stupid destruction of rights and property. 

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 4:31 PM
posted by iclfan2

I'm actually a bit surprised at this! 

Dem Twitter is having a sad about this. I'm seeing a lot of "I'm shook to my core!" lol!

What is unsurprising is the dem call to arms over this with Raskin calling for Congress to legislate a Trump ballot ban. Will be interesting to see if they follow through or just throw something else against the wall to see if it sticks.

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 5:06 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It seems to be a general thought that when the left activates or protests it is coming from a good place at best; sometimes misguided. And when the right does it the general thought is that it's insurrection and the Dems shit their pants. 

I hope that we can all agree that most of the time, no matter who does it, it's stupid destruction of rights and property. 

I agree with your second point.

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 5:09 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

What is your criteria to label someone, or a group, as *"extreme conservative" ? 

*Edited to correct

People who see the universe through the prism of US politics and anything they disagree with as part of a coordinated effort by some sort of poorly defined, slightly invisible underground movement of liberal powerbrokers.  

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 7:20 PM

People who see the universe through the prism of US politics and anything they disagree with as part of a coordinated effort by some sort of poorly defined, slightly invisible underground movement of liberal powerbrokers.  

See, this is where you lose me. There is t anything going on that is invisible. As has been pointed out already, the Dems proudly broadcast what they do. They warned us all what was going to happen. And golly gee if it didn't happen. They continue to stay their course because they know that their team players/shitlibs will not say that what the Dems are doing is bad and they shouldn't be doing it. 

So yeah, any talk of something being invisible is nonsense and rather goofy to ascribe it onto others.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Mar 4, 2024 8:05 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

They continue to stay their course because they know that their team players/shitlibs will not say that what the Dems are doing is bad and they shouldn't be doing it. .

You can easily say that about most of the Repubs, too, and especially MAGA.

It's largely why we are where we are today, because politics has become a spectator sport and the politards won't hold their party accountable for the same things they abhor when the other side does it.

Trump did or tried to do a lot of the same things Dems are doing to him, and the whole time the Repubs and their base largely look the other way.

But, hey, I like to rubberneck at a good car wreck as much as anyone, so I'm looking forward to the Dem meltdown when Trump wins.

It's also pretty interesting that SCOTUS left the door open for Trump to be removed by an act of Congress.  For that to happen, Dems would have to gain 66 (67?) seat in the Senate in 2026, assuming they control the House.  But I don't believe one party has ever controlled 2/3 of the Senate, certainly not in modern times.

Mon, Mar 4, 2024 8:55 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

See, this is where you lose me. There is t anything going on that is invisible. As has been pointed out already, the Dems proudly broadcast what they do. They warned us all what was going to happen. And golly gee if it didn't happen. They continue to stay their course because they know that their team players/shitlibs will not say that what the Dems are doing is bad and they shouldn't be doing it. 

So yeah, any talk of something being invisible is nonsense and rather goofy to ascribe it onto others.

I’m not suggesting there aren’t wacky ass libs a plenty - there are.  Biden is an end result.  And the equally nutty ass conservatives have provided us with Trump.  Arguing about one side being the obvious good and the other being the obvious bad is the simplistic stuff that got us to this point.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Mar 4, 2024 9:46 PM

I’m not suggesting there aren’t wacky ass libs a plenty - there are.  Biden is an end result.  And the equally nutty ass conservatives have provided us with Trump.  Arguing about one side being the obvious good and the other being the obvious bad is the simplistic stuff that got us to this point.

It's kind of remarkable that the ultra partisanship has given us even worse candidates.  Trump is not a true conservative, not remotely.  And Biden certainly isn't a champion for some of the biggest progressive ideals.

Granted, it's the same electorate that keeps voting for losers in Congress than have a 10% approval rating.  And the legislature is where most issues that actually impact us begins and ends.  But it's the outsized focus on POTUS that is perhaps an inside joke for the legislators - it's a distraction, and POTUS these days is mostly a used-car salesman that just tries to sell the party agenda to the people.

I don't even care if you dutifully vote straight party ticket.  Just purge the loser incumbents in the primary.  If voters would just fire the people who don't do the job, that'd be a start.

Tue, Mar 5, 2024 12:24 PM
posted by gut

It's kind of remarkable that the ultra partisanship has given us even worse candidates.  Trump is not a true conservative, not remotely.  And Biden certainly isn't a champion for some of the biggest progressive ideals.

Granted, it's the same electorate that keeps voting for losers in Congress than have a 10% approval rating.  And the legislature is where most issues that actually impact us begins and ends.  But it's the outsized focus on POTUS that is perhaps an inside joke for the legislators - it's a distraction, and POTUS these days is mostly a used-car salesman that just tries to sell the party agenda to the people.

I don't even care if you dutifully vote straight party ticket.  Just purge the loser incumbents in the primary.  If voters would just fire the people who don't do the job, that'd be a start.

Excellent points

Tue, Mar 5, 2024 4:26 PM

Who said Dems were bad and at the same time that the Republicans were good?

QO?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login