Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 4:30 PM

The video is literally ONE person but yes it’s a problem all over the country to panic about. White people are under attack!!

Ask yourself if in the last two years all of the sudden teachers started teaching something new 

Or

The big red machine radicalized Their base to promote fear and get votes. Honestly what makes more sense. You can’t be that dumb 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 5:26 PM

Or…. It’s a combination of things, including Covid forcing kids home and parents actually hearing what some of these clowns are trying to teach their kids, and woke 22 year olds that are fresh out of college thinking you can be anything you want and having no limits on what they share with kids.

Also Florida isn’t banning all books. They are making sure things are age appropriate. Another example of crying about banning things that you also say isn’t happening. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 6:31 PM
posted by iclfan2

Or…. It’s a combination of things, including Covid forcing kids home and parents actually hearing what some of these clowns are trying to teach their kids, and woke 22 year olds that are fresh out of college thinking you can be anything you want and having no limits on what they share with kids.

Also Florida isn’t banning all books. They are making sure things are age appropriate. Another example of crying about banning things that you also say isn’t happening. 

If my state was constantly bottom 5 out of 50 and only ahead of Mississippi,  Kentucky,  and Alabama I would focus on more important things 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 6:46 PM

It seems like a lot of this is people are  either talking past each other, not understanding what is and what is not being taught, and being influenced by what people see online.

One example and here means it is taught everywhere in every grade. Lotta assuming by folks on here that because one video is seen it is widespread and being taught in each and every school. 

I don't know the age of everyone on here, but I'm in my late 30s and was taught a lot of topics, subjects in middle and high school that today may be considered CRT or woke. 

I also believe middle and high school kids should be given a wide range of things to learn to be better prepared for the messy world. Shielding kids, especially high school kids, makes no sense to me.

Mon, Jan 30, 2023 7:04 PM
posted by geeblock

If my state was constantly bottom 5 out of 50 and only ahead of Mississippi,  Kentucky,  and Alabama I would focus on more important things 

Based on what? Seems like a lot of people are leaving to migrate South. Texas may turn blue just from Californians moving to Austin. State rankings mean what once you get down to individual cities? 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 7:10 PM
posted by iclfan2

Based on what? Seems like a lot of people are leaving to migrate South. Texas may turn blue just from Californians moving to Austin. State rankings mean what once you get down to individual cities? 

I’m talking about ed

Mon, Jan 30, 2023 7:22 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It seems like a lot of this is people are  either talking past each other, not understanding what is and what is not being taught, and being influenced by what people see online.

One example and here means it is taught everywhere in every grade. Lotta assuming by folks on here that because one video is seen it is widespread and being taught in each and every school. 

I don't know the age of everyone on here, but I'm in my late 30s and was taught a lot of topics, subjects in middle and high school that today may be considered CRT or woke. 

I also believe middle and high school kids should be given a wide range of things to learn to be better prepared for the messy world. Shielding kids, especially high school kids, makes no sense to me.

I’m 36. No teachers talked about their personal lives. Besides sociology or classes similar, no woke things were discussed. We still learned about slavery and all religions in history class. No one had pink hair or rainbow flags on the wall, even if obviously gay. Professionalism apparently doesn’t exist anymore, only worrying about people “feelings”. 

Mon, Jan 30, 2023 7:29 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m talking about ed

I understand the ratings… but entire states are huge. I live in SC… there are three cities and the rest is rural. But I also have seen stats of entire high schools reading at a 5th grade level or lower in NY and elsewhere. I just assume everyone is stupid, regardless of the political party in charge. So you are pro school choice?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 8:09 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m 36. No teachers talked about their personal lives. Besides sociology or classes similar, no woke things were discussed. We still learned about slavery and all religions in history class. No one had pink hair or rainbow flags on the wall, even if obviously gay. Professionalism apparently doesn’t exist anymore, only worrying about people “feelings”. 

Lot of general statements there. Are you saying that is happening in most schools, a lot of schools, just some schools? 

Why pink hair? Are you saying hair color is an issue? Do you approve of certain styles of haircuts or color for teachers? 

If you are in high school, is talking about obvious issues like sexual orientation and issues of today not welcome? We talked about those issues in government and policy class in high school. My teachers encouraged debate and thought on the issues. 

We also talked about slavery, but also reconstruction, Jim Crow, and the civil rights movement in great detail in high school. Anyone else watch the PBS docs, Eyes on the Prize?

Mon, Jan 30, 2023 8:27 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Lot of general statements there. Are you saying that is happening in most schools, a lot of schools, just some schools? 

Why pink hair? Are you saying hair color is an issue? Do you approve of certain styles of haircuts or color for teachers? 

If you are in high school, is talking about obvious issues like sexual orientation and issues of today not welcome? We talked about those issues in government and policy class in high school. My teachers encouraged debate and thought on the issues. 

We also talked about slavery, but also reconstruction, Jim Crow, and the civil rights movement in great detail in high school. Anyone else watch the PBS docs, Eyes on the Prize?

My issue is pre-high school. You have kids books now about gender trash and boys wearing dresses, which is asinine. And yea, most likely if you have pink or purple hair you are a weirdo, especially if you are an elementary school teacher. I can’t say how many schools it’s happening at, but if 2 teachers a day post themselves being clowns, how many aren’t posting obvious evidence of themselves being trash? What is “a lot of schools” to you? And yea, I learned all about those things as well, history is different than trying to blame everything on white supremacy. You know this. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 8:38 PM
posted by geeblock

The video is literally ONE person but yes it’s a problem all over the country to panic about. White people are under attack!!

Ask yourself if in the last two years all of the sudden teachers started teaching something new 

Or

The big red machine radicalized Their base to promote fear and get votes. Honestly what makes more sense. You can’t be that dumb 

You have a choice to make.

Admit you didn’t watch the video.

Admit you are lying.

The video literally had MULTIPLE people from MULTIPLE different school districts (most or all of which were in Ohio) and you want to say it was just one?

Come to reality Geeblock, so did you not watch the video or are you lying about what is in the video?

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 9:27 PM
posted by jmog

You have a choice to make.

Admit you didn’t watch the video.

Admit you are lying.

The video literally had MULTIPLE people from MULTIPLE different school districts (most or all of which were in Ohio) and you want to say it was just one?

Come to reality Geeblock, so did you not watch the video or are you lying about what is in the video?

I watched it.. it was snippets of conversations without even hearing the questions. The black guy you could hear what he was saying but the rest was just cut ups.. if they had so much damning information where is the rest of the video not 30 seconds. The guy could have said 2 minutes later that he would never do it but of course that part wasn’t shown. Who knows what was said. Do better 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 9:29 PM
posted by geeblock

I watched it.. it was snippets of conversations without even hearing the questions. The black guy you could hear what he was saying but the rest was just cut ups.. if they had so much damning information where is the rest of the video not 30 seconds. The guy could have said 2 minutes later that he would never do it but of course that part wasn’t shown. Who knows what was said. Do better 

Ok, so you are now just admitting to lying but changing/moving the goalposts to make yourself believe you are right.

You can’t make this shit up anymore. 

Zero credibility, zero.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 9:31 PM
posted by geeblock

Guy admits to lying to parents.

Your answer is “well, we didn’t record every word he said for 24 hours before and 24 hours after to see if he didn’t say “SIKE” or “JUST KIDDING” at some unknown time after this clip”

Don’t be that stupid  

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 9:43 PM
posted by jmog

Ok, so you are now just admitting to lying but changing/moving the goalposts to make yourself believe you are right.

You can’t make this shit up anymore. 

Zero credibility, zero.

Dude that dude ain’t no superintendent lol in all of ohio there have been less than 5 black male superintendents in ohio in the last  5 years and that dude ain’t one of them gtfo.  I think there is currently 1. ( Middletown) I couldn’t confirm canton so possibly 2. That sloppy dude wasn’t a superintendent and superintendents don’t even do those type of interviews. 

There is a reason they don’t show the question that was asked you do realize that right? 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 9:45 PM
posted by jmog

Guy admits to lying to parents.

Your answer is “well, we didn’t record every word he said for 24 hours before and 24 hours after to see if he didn’t say “SIKE” or “JUST KIDDING” at some unknown time after this clip”

Don’t be that stupid  

24 hours? Cmon man at least show the question that was asked. That is literally less than  30 seconds of tape 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 9:56 PM

Long story short teachers are teaching what they always have is my take 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 10:01 PM

Can you pick one of those people and articulate something you suspect them of teaching that you disagree with? Maybe that would help the conversation. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 8:54 AM
posted by geeblock

Dude that dude ain’t no superintendent lol in all of ohio there have been less than 5 black male superintendents in ohio in the last  5 years and that dude ain’t one of them gtfo.  I think there is currently 1. ( Middletown) I couldn’t confirm canton so possibly 2. That sloppy dude wasn’t a superintendent and superintendents don’t even do those type of interviews. 

There is a reason they don’t show the question that was asked you do realize that right? 

They list their positions, name, and district in the video.

That’s public information, so prove them wrong or admit you are lying.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 8:59 AM
posted by geeblock

Can you pick one of those people and articulate something you suspect them of teaching that you disagree with? Maybe that would help the conversation. 

Videos have been shared numerous times on ohiochatter showing videos of teachers literally saying what they teach.

You have said it was a myth, they were made up videos, now this video is just “too short a clip to be real”.

No matter what VIDEO EVIDENCE of teachers and admins ADMITTING ON VIDEO to it, you will lie to yourself and to us that it isn’t happening.

No one will be able to convince you no matter what video proof is shown so why are you even asking?

Just admit you lied or admit you’re biased enough that your opinion will never change no matter what is shown to you. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login