Progressives, part 3...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 7:40 PM
posted by iclfan2

Essentially the same

No. Not at all. That is your problem is you think they are the same. 

Seems like everything that challenges your perception of the world is CRT. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 7:44 PM
posted by iclfan2

This argument is getting tired. Your defense is that what they said wasn't what they actually said? As if somehow edited to be completely wrong? But you all supported print media which was completely full of shit for years? 

My argument is context is missing in all of these social media videos and they are posted to directly prove one point. That goes for any topic that angers conservatives or liberals. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 8:19 PM
posted by iclfan2

Essentially the same

SMH 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 1:08 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It's fine to listen to them sure. I just give little to no credibility to the people that took the video. 

What they said could easily have been changed or edited. That is my point. You cannot take what they said at face value.

Nor any video posted online that gives you so much outrage on here. 

Moderate Ptown: Words spoken directly from somebody on video do not mean anything.

Also Moderate Ptown: Guise Trump totally called dead American war veterans "losers."  We must believe the anonymous sources, because the journalist, who reported it is credible (because I like him).

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 9:07 AM
posted by like_that

Moderate Ptown: Words spoken directly from somebody on video do not mean anything.

Also Moderate Ptown: Guise Trump totally called dead American war veterans "losers."  We must believe the anonymous sources, because the journalist, who reported it is credible (because I like him).

At least Geeblock is forthright and honest that he is a leftist. Ptown still tries to say he is a moderate.

geeblock Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 10:08 AM
posted by jmog

At least Geeblock is forthright and honest that he is a leftist. Ptown still tries to say he is a moderate.

says the guy who sounds like MTG nowadays

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 10:12 AM

This whole thread is insufferable lol 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Yep; and  if it wasn't for radical leftists we'd be at peace. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 10:57 AM
posted by kizer permanente

You mean forum*

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 11:03 AM
posted by Automatik

You mean forum*

Well they all show up on the same page now for me.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 11:13 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Personally, I'm getting a lot of entertainment from it. A handful of people having a never-ending, circular argument where they all make the same points over and over again while each is convinced they are righter than right has a right to be? All I'm saying is that if "I WON AN INTERNET ARGUMENT!!!!!!" was an Olympic sport, we'd have some gold medal contenders right here!

Bonus points for said argument being about approximately the 7109385th most important issue of our current time.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 11:26 AM

Oh c’mon you’re smarter than that.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 11:50 AM
posted by geeblock

Nope, I said Trump was an asshole from the beginning, I have also actually voted for a couple D presidents (Obama first time, Bill C, etc). 

Just because the left has gone WAY left and now the center people look far/alt right to them, doesn't mean I look like MTG. 

I would have voted for a few of the Ds over Trump this last time (Gabbard, Yang, Castro, Ryan, Gillibrand, etc) but the Ds put up a dementia patient. Heck, if it was Biden of 20 years ago I probably would have voted for him over Trump. But it wasn't. 

I can't help it you just outed yourself as someone who doesn't use logic on this CRT topic and won't admit when you are wrong. Just because you outed yourself doesn't mean the rest of us are alt righters.

Hope that helps.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 1:02 PM
posted by Automatik

Oh c’mon you’re smarter than that.

Lol, hey, at least I'll give credit that this bit of manufactured outrage is somewhat more pertinent than "my M&Ms aren't manly enough!!!!" or "that remastered Pink Floyd album has light going through a prism to make a GODDAMN RAINBOW!!!!!!" and most of the other stuff that fits into the "I don't 'zactly know what I'm outraged about, but TV/Interwebs Daddy said it's the WOKE AGENDA so my panties are in a bunch!" histrionics that's all the rage nowadays.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 1:51 PM

Epic run-on sentence. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 2:52 PM
posted by Heretic

or "that remastered Pink Floyd album has light going through a prism to make a GODDAMN RAINBOW!!!!!!" 

So you're telling me the lunatic who was on the grass was gay?

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 3:27 PM
posted by geeblock

Matter of fact I will be 100% transparent.

I have said many times I am a libertarian.

Being a libertarian I want the federal government to be really small,  only have the functions actually prescribed in the Constitution.

Since that will never go backwards, I vote for the federal government to basically stalemate because both sides tend to grow it when they are in power. Of both POTUS and Congress just in different areas.

So, I AWAYS vote opposite parties for POTUS and Congress and I ALWAYS vote opposite party of POTUS for Congress during midterms.

So, when I vote R for POTUS, I vote down party lines D for Congress and vice versa.

Gridlock in DC is the best solution to slow down the growth of the Federal government.

So yeah, that’s real close to MTG….

geeblock Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 4:31 PM

Libertarians want govt passing more laws about books and school classes instead of letting local districts make their own policies? 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 4:33 PM
posted by geeblock

Libertarians want govt passing more laws about books and school classes instead of letting local districts make their own policies? 

Where did I say anything about the book thing in FL? I honestly don’t even know enough about the situation to comment on it let alone have said anything on this forum about it.

You confused again? 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Thu, Feb 2, 2023 4:59 PM

posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

So you're telling me the lunatic who was on the grass was gay?

To me, the funniest thing about seeing dumbasses on social media bitching about "woke" Pink Floyd was how they seemed to think this design was a brand new thing made solely to be woke. Good job at being completely ignorant about the band until you decided it was faux-outrage time, guys!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login