Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 11:18 AM

I rewatched it I didn’t see the positions and districts part. If you list them I will contact the districts individually for comment and report back 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 1:21 PM
posted by geeblock

I rewatched it I didn’t see the positions and districts part. If you list them I will contact the districts individually for comment and report back 

Here, the internet is hard…

Same video on YouTube where you can zoom in on their names/district/position in each video of them talking.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 7:44 PM
posted by geeblock

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/education/2023/01/23/conservative-media-group-accuracy-in-media-columbus-school-officials-talking-critical-race-theory/69822656007/

That link doesn’t help you. SEL and DEI are trash ideals. And they tell on themselves, lol admitting they were duped into admitting so. My goodness dude, no normal person wants any of that. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jan 31, 2023 10:33 PM
posted by geeblock

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/education/2023/01/23/conservative-media-group-accuracy-in-media-columbus-school-officials-talking-critical-race-theory/69822656007/

That link hurts your argument.

They admit they are real administrators.

They don’t deny the words that were said.

They just say “we were lied to and they asked us questions we basically were duped”.

You admitting yet you were wrong?

It’s about time you do, really.

geeblock Member
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 5:50 AM

Lol it’s exactly what I said it was. A bunch of snippets without context cut up to get a reaction from those looking for something to be angry about. I’ll trust the school’s judgement. We can agree to disagree. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 12:50 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol it’s exactly what I said it was. A bunch of snippets without context cut up to get a reaction from those looking for something to be angry about. I’ll trust the school’s judgement. We can agree to disagree. 

That’s not what was said in the article.

Keep your head in the sand and keep lying to yourself.

There is no denying you are on the wrong side of “it’s a myth and not being taught” at this point. Your pride won’t let you admit you’re wrong.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Hell of a battle gents. Great efforts. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 4:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

My issue is pre-high school. You have kids books now about gender trash and boys wearing dresses, which is asinine. And yea, most likely if you have pink or purple hair you are a weirdo, especially if you are an elementary school teacher. I can’t say how many schools it’s happening at, but if 2 teachers a day post themselves being clowns, how many aren’t posting obvious evidence of themselves being trash? What is “a lot of schools” to you? And yea, I learned all about those things as well, history is different than trying to blame everything on white supremacy. You know this. 

That is where the disconnect may be. You see a lot of things online and are equating it to all. You are assuming that hair color makes someone off or weird. You seevideos online and project your own views and assume it is wide spread. 

If social media has taught us anything over the last decade, it is not real life. 

Videos are shared without context to echo chambers to feed the online outrage machine. This applies to this topic, but also police shootings, protests, and other topics the left and right argue over. 

I rarely take online videos seriously now a days. 

Wed, Feb 1, 2023 4:34 PM
posted by iclfan2

That link doesn’t help you. SEL and DEI are trash ideals. And they tell on themselves, lol admitting they were duped into admitting so. My goodness dude, no normal person wants any of that. 

Are you equating DEI with CRT? Cause whoa if so. No wonder you are always ticked off then...

Wed, Feb 1, 2023 4:41 PM
posted by jmog

Here, the internet is hard…

Same video on YouTube where you can zoom in on their names/district/position in each video of them talking.

Quick question. Have you considered the company that did the video either did not include or purposely altered any of the video or story? 

I find any video taken as a gotcha style to be very suspect and I almost always dismiss it. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 5:32 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Quick question. Have you considered the company that did the video either did not include or purposely altered any of the video or story? 

I find any video taken as a gotcha style to be very suspect and I almost always dismiss it. 

Its really hard to alter direct words said from district administrators. In these videos I never take the commentary at face value, but I definitely take the words said by the people being recorded at face value.

Wed, Feb 1, 2023 5:36 PM
posted by jmog

Its really hard to alter direct words said from district administrators. In these videos I never take the commentary at face value, but I definitely take the words said by the people being recorded at face value.

Now a days, given video technology, I do not. Easy to splice or edit to change context and words spoken by people.

You are getting a really bias video and accepting the taker of the video did not alter the words said is really naive to me. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 5:38 PM
posted by geeblock

Geeblock's evolution on this topic:

Geeblock (G): CRT is just a PhD level theory only taught at universities, never taught K-12.

OhioChatter (OC): Here's videos from twitter showing teachers admitting to teaching it in class to kids as young as preschool.

G: Come on, that's a one off case at best, bad apple at worst. It is not being taught systematically at the public school level.

OC: Here's a video of school district administrators admitting it is taught and lying to parents about what is taught so they can still teach it.

G: That's just one guy and I don't even believe he works for a school district.

OC: No, that video is multiple people from multiple districts.

G: Oh, I only saw the 1 guy in the video, I still don't believe he works for a district.

OC: They literally list the people's names and their positions in their districts IN THE VIDEO. This is public information, if you don't believe they work for a school district prove the video to be a fraud.

G: I can't see the names.

OC: Here's the video on a different platform where you can zoom in.

G: I will contact those districts and see what they have to say.

G: *copies dispatch link that doesn't help his cause*

OC: That link proves us right and doesn't help your cause at all.

G: It's just like I said, a video that doesn't show enough context so see, CRT is still a myth...

You can't make up that level of backpedaling and goalpost moving. Geeblock should be ashamed at this low of a level of logic and reasoning on his part.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 5:40 PM

Now a days, given video technology, I do not. Easy to splice or edit to change context and words spoken by people.

You are getting a really bias video and accepting the taker of the video did not alter the words said is really naive to me. 

Not listening to the actual words of the administrators in the video is rather naive to me.

geeblock Member
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 5:47 PM

Jmog

geeblock Member
Wed, Feb 1, 2023 5:55 PM
posted by jmog

Geeblock's evolution on this topic:

Geeblock (G): CRT is just a PhD level theory only taught at universities, never taught K-12.

OhioChatter (OC): Here's videos from twitter showing teachers admitting to teaching it in class to kids as young as preschool.

G: Come on, that's a one off case at best, bad apple at worst. It is not being taught systematically at the public school level.

OC: Here's a video of school district administrators admitting it is taught and lying to parents about what is taught so they can still teach it.

G: That's just one guy and I don't even believe he works for a school district.

OC: No, that video is multiple people from multiple districts.

G: Oh, I only saw the 1 guy in the video, I still don't believe he works for a district.

OC: They literally list the people's names and their positions in their districts IN THE VIDEO. This is public information, if you don't believe they work for a school district prove the video to be a fraud.

G: I can't see the names.

OC: Here's the video on a different platform where you can zoom in.

G: I will contact those districts and see what they have to say.

G: *copies dispatch link that doesn't help his cause*

OC: That link proves us right and doesn't help your cause at all.

G: It's just like I said, a video that doesn't show enough context so see, CRT is still a myth...

You can't make up that level of backpedaling and goalpost moving. Geeblock should be ashamed at this low of a level of logic and reasoning on his part.

Per the article 

Upper Arlington district as well as Groveport gave their responses ... u just don’t like the response so you are yelling and getting mad 

The accuracy in the media people declined to give a statement to the dispatch per the article. 

Wed, Feb 1, 2023 6:27 PM
posted by jmog

Not listening to the actual words of the administrators in the video is rather naive to me.

It's fine to listen to them sure. I just give little to no credibility to the people that took the video. 

What they said could easily have been changed or edited. That is my point. You cannot take what they said at face value.

Nor any video posted online that gives you so much outrage on here. 

Wed, Feb 1, 2023 6:46 PM

This argument is getting tired. Your defense is that what they said wasn't what they actually said? As if somehow edited to be completely wrong? But you all supported print media which was completely full of shit for years? 

Wed, Feb 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Are you equating DEI with CRT? Cause whoa if so. No wonder you are always ticked off then...

Essentially the same

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login