Progressives, part 3...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 12:18 PM
posted by superman

There's questions have all been answered.  My question has not.  If it's not being taught, why do they care if it's banned?

Why ban things? Do you not trust students? The kids will be alright.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 12:18 PM
posted by iclfan2

It’s the same reason that some leftists are still blaming white supremacy when 5 black cops beat a black criminal (and though cops charged there were still “mostly peaceful” protests)… the narrative can not give an inch, facts be damned. 

Right...that's the narrative. Geesh.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 1:31 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Not in each and every case. It does seem like goalposts are moved as whenever an answer is given, it is not good enough. Also seems like both sides are talking past each other. 

I just find it funny as it seems like for most of the schools around the country, this isn't an issue. Only when social media got involved, did parents go crazy. 

Also, curious, have you been to any of these school board meetings yourself?

Has anyone on here? Or, are we all just viewing things through the lens of social media? 

I've been to a few here in Delaware County, and the discourse is not what is seen in here or online.

No, I am not going to school board meetings in Italy lol.   What I have seen is a movement of school board officials being replaced in elections due to these issues.  Not to mention these issues have influenced other elections (i.e. VA currently has a Republican Governor).  Do you think sitting at a couple school board meetings in one county somehow makes your argument more credible?  Looks like the gblock anecdotal approach. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 1:58 PM

We ban lots of things for the kiddos.  But I don't think you answered the question.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 2:50 PM

What a dumb take. No, I don’t trust children to know what is right. And to your next question, the super left’s girl Jemele Hill, among other leftists and race baiters, is still blaming racism on the Memphis case. Funny you think I just made it up. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 5:32 PM

Each subject, grade level, and course have standards that are supposed to be taught. If a teacher is not teaching all of those standards or teaching things outside of those standards, he/she is not honoring their contract. A teacher can't randomly decide what to teach. If a teacher is doing that, appropriate steps should be followed.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 6:10 PM

He literally posted two videos that weren’t by a teacher and weren’t in a public school but carry on. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 7:47 PM

I still find it funny, people mad can't answer simple questions like the following

1. What exactly is being taught that is upsetting?

2. What grades is it being taught? 

3. Is it replacing anything?

4. Is it more in history or social studies class? 

Instead, we get random clips from online that people point to and say proof! 

Proof of what exactly? 

Like most things on the internet today, seems like it all all getting blown way out of proportion. 

I also keep thinking of the Simpsons lady who screams, "is anyone thinking of the children?!" 

Everything you asked has been answered multiple times and has been admitted to by teachers and admin when they didn’t know they were on camera (and even in their own social media).

If you haven’t seen the answers to these then you aren’t looking for them or aren’t paying attention.

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 7:50 PM
posted by geeblock

He literally posted two videos that weren’t by a teacher and weren’t in a public school but carry on. 

Good Lord, keep lying to everyone  

geeblock Member
Sun, Jan 29, 2023 9:55 AM
posted by jmog

Good Lord, keep lying to everyone  

The descriptions can actually be found in the comments if you actually take 5 min to research what you post. Or maybe name the school then? Or teachers name? 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jan 29, 2023 2:41 PM
posted by geeblock

The descriptions can actually be found in the comments if you actually take 5 min to research what you post. Or maybe name the school then? Or teachers name? 

Geeblock: not happening anywhere, no teachers or admins are doing this at all:

*video of Super Intendant saying the lie to parents and just call it something different than CRT, admitting that it is definitely taught*

Geeblock: That’s not a teacher…show a video of a teacher!

You can’t keep up with your own bullshit anymore.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jan 29, 2023 2:50 PM
posted by geeblock

They literally list the admin position and name and district in the video of each person admitting it is taught and how they deceive parents.

Most of the districts were here in Ohio.

So again, are you lying or just Ostrich head in the hole ignorant?

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 10:45 AM
posted by jmog

*video of Super Intendant saying the lie to parents and just call it something different than CRT, admitting that it is definitely taught*

I was talking about the groees

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 12:33 PM
posted by geeblock

I was talking about the groees

So you now admit that they are teaching it, and are lying to parents about it?

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 12:46 PM
posted by jmog

LOL seeing the evolution of this debate.  Bill Maher, who a year ago was "it's bullshit...right-wing talking point....it's a law course.....", is now arguing with Bryan Cranston that it SHOULDN'T be taught in schools.

Really need to stop labeling stuff one disagrees with as "conspiracy theories".  But seems the left has completely given up logic and just argues by gaslighting.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 12:54 PM
posted by jmog

*video of  Super Intendant saying the lie to parents and just call it something different than CRT, admitting that it is definitely taught*

Is that like a really good intendant? 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 1:42 PM
posted by jmog

No I was talking about the groomer videos. As far as CRT goes it is not being taught in public schools. CRT is originally a course in law school that gave a critical look at the underlying causes of the continued racial disparity in the economic and judicial systems in a post civil rights era society. 

Conservatives have now latched on to the term and used it to refer to ANY lesson that might acknowledge that black people are or have ever been discriminated against, as they believe only reason to teach it would be as an attempt to shame white people. The snippets of the videos you reference have no context and like I said 8 pages ago I could google right now a teacher teaching a racist lesson or making racist comments but that doesn’t make it widespread. It’s just fearmongering pure and simple. Now florida wants to ban all books from classrooms. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 1:54 PM
posted by geeblock

It’s just fearmongering pure and simple. Now florida wants to ban all books from classrooms. 

LOL. 
jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 4:17 PM
posted by geeblock

No I was talking about the groomer videos. As far as CRT goes it is not being taught in public schools. CRT is originally a course in law school that gave a critical look at the underlying causes of the continued racial disparity in the economic and judicial systems in a post civil rights era society. 

Conservatives have now latched on to the term and used it to refer to ANY lesson that might acknowledge that black people are or have ever been discriminated against, as they believe only reason to teach it would be as an attempt to shame white people. The snippets of the videos you reference have no context and like I said 8 pages ago I could google right now a teacher teaching a racist lesson or making racist comments but that doesn’t make it widespread. It’s just fearmongering pure and simple. Now florida wants to ban all books from classrooms. 

Good God Geeblock, video evidence of district administration admitting it is not only being taught but also being lied about so parents don’t know…

And you still are lying all along with them to not admit you were wrong all along.

Zero credibility, zero.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 30, 2023 4:19 PM
posted by geeblock

It’s just fearmongering pure and simple. Now florida wants to ban all books from classrooms. 

Lol, he doesn’t even see the hypocrisy of his own statements. 

Good Lord Geeblock, and you are teaching kids….

I guess with the videos we saw earlier it doesn’t surprise us.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login