Progressives, part 3...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 25, 2023 12:23 PM
posted by Automatik

What is the way?

I think it's the same "way" my mom has gone as far as gun violence in large cities. She watches the Columbus evening news and, because they always have one story or another about shootings happening, she is convinced that if I'm down that way for any reason, I'm in clear and present danger of being shot. Regardless of where I'm at, if it's for work or leisure or whatever. It's SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 25, 2023 1:43 PM
posted by majorspark

So now they are finding classified documents under each others pillows.  Interesting.

At this point, we might be the only people who don't have classified stuff. And, to be honest, I haven't gone over my whole house looking for them, so I could be wrong about myself!

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 25, 2023 11:15 PM
posted by Automatik

What is the way?

The first part would be to admit there are freaks all over pushing this stuff on children. The evidence is overwhelming. And to stop it.

The second would be to realize there is no reason to give in to the mental illness. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 25, 2023 11:18 PM
posted by Heretic

At this point, we might be the only people who don't have classified stuff. And, to be honest, I haven't gone over my whole house looking for them, so I could be wrong about myself!

If they find classified stuff in your house, I’ll still blindly defend your innocence and say what a great guy you are. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jan 26, 2023 12:59 PM
posted by iclfan2

The first part would be to admit there are freaks all over pushing this stuff on children. The evidence is overwhelming. And to stop it.

The second would be to realize there is no reason to give in to the mental illness. 

If only you could apply the few bad apples logic that you use when police or racists are brought up lol  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 26, 2023 5:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

Ahh, thank you. I will now peruse the internet VICIOUSLY to fight these atrocities. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Jan 26, 2023 6:27 PM
posted by Automatik

Ahh, thank you. I will now peruse the internet VICIOUSLY to fight these atrocities. 

Watch libs of TikTok videos all day and get your rage on  

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 26, 2023 8:35 PM
posted by geeblock

If only you could apply the few bad apples logic that you use when police or racists are brought up lol  

You forgot priests.

Isn't that how that classic argument goes?  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 27, 2023 1:46 PM
posted by geeblock

You don't get off that easy. You have told this forum for MONTHS that it wasn't happening AT ALL. It was a MYTH. 

So do you admit now that it is being taught by many teachers and some districts as a whole?

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Jan 27, 2023 2:05 PM
posted by jmog

You don't get off that easy. You have told this forum for MONTHS that it wasn't happening AT ALL. It was a MYTH. 

So do you admit now that it is being taught by many teachers and some districts as a whole?

no

Fri, Jan 27, 2023 7:44 PM

Lol glad you’re a school administrator. Keep walking the line. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 27, 2023 7:57 PM

Mad on a Friday!

Fri, Jan 27, 2023 8:11 PM
posted by Automatik

Mad on a Friday!

God Bless

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 8:07 AM
posted by geeblock

no

So are you lying or a moron? Only 2 choices left at this point with regards to this topic if you won’t admit it is being taught and is not a myth.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 9:40 AM

I still find it funny, people mad can't answer simple questions like the following

1. What exactly is being taught that is upsetting?

2. What grades is it being taught? 

3. Is it replacing anything?

4. Is it more in history or social studies class? 

Instead, we get random clips from online that people point to and say proof! 

Proof of what exactly? 

Like most things on the internet today, seems like it all all getting blown way out of proportion. 

I also keep thinking of the Simpsons lady who screams, "is anyone thinking of the children?!" 

Sat, Jan 28, 2023 9:48 AM
posted by Heretic

I think it's the same "way" my mom has gone as far as gun violence in large cities. She watches the Columbus evening news and, because they always have one story or another about shootings happening, she is convinced that if I'm down that way for any reason, I'm in clear and present danger of being shot. Regardless of where I'm at, if it's for work or leisure or whatever. It's SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

Lol. My mom is the same way. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 10:27 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I still find it funny, people mad can't answer simple questions like the following

Proof of what exactly? 

Like most things on the internet today, seems like it all all getting blown way out of proportion. 

I also keep thinking of the Simpsons lady who screams, "is anyone thinking of the children?!" 

These questions have been answered though, but they have either been constantly down played or the goalposts slowly move.

I think if all of the answers were tin foiled, it should be easy to defend the other position in a debate. I have yet to see that and that includes upset parents at school board parent meetings asking  questions and most of the administrators can’t seem to give a good answer.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 10:50 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Proof of what exactly? 

There's questions have all been answered.  My question has not.  If it's not being taught, why do they care if it's banned?

Sat, Jan 28, 2023 11:07 AM
posted by jmog

So are you lying or a moron? Only 2 choices left at this point with regards to this topic if you won’t admit it is being taught and is not a myth.

It’s the same reason that some leftists are still blaming white supremacy when 5 black cops beat a black criminal (and though cops charged there were still “mostly peaceful” protests)… the narrative can not give an inch, facts be damned. 

Sat, Jan 28, 2023 12:15 PM
posted by like_that

These questions have been answered though, but they have either been constantly down played or the goalposts slowly move.

I think if all of the answers were tin foiled, it should be easy to defend the other position in a debate. I have yet to see that and that includes upset parents at school board parent meetings asking  questions and most of the administrators can’t seem to give a good answer.

Not in each and every case. It does seem like goalposts are moved as whenever an answer is given, it is not good enough. Also seems like both sides are talking past each other. 

I just find it funny as it seems like for most of the schools around the country, this isn't an issue. Only when social media got involved, did parents go crazy. 

Also, curious, have you been to any of these school board meetings yourself?

Has anyone on here? Or, are we all just viewing things through the lens of social media? 

I've been to a few here in Delaware County, and the discourse is not what is seen in here or online.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login