Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 12:57 PM

This same coach was also performing third trimester abortions at midfield immediately following games.  Players were encouraged, but not required to assist.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 1:00 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

This same coach was also performing third trimester abortions at midfield immediately following games.  Players were encouraged, but not required to assist.

While blasting his AR-15 into the sky. 

Mon, Jun 27, 2022 1:13 PM
posted by like_that

While blasting his AR-15 into the sky. 

No, using the AR to perform the abortions.  Each one preceded by "set...HUT"

Very shocking to the fans in the stands and the other team.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 1:20 PM
posted by like_that

Cute headline by CNN. This is up here with the faux cc and Quaker outrage. If he isn’t forcing players to pray with him, what is the issue?

This happens at public schools all the time for most sports and it’s normally voluntary, if not there would be serious issues. 

The fact it even made it to the SCOTUS is a joke regardless if he was praising Jesus or Muhammad. 

Previous to this in my 20 years of coaching we had to leave the room if the team wanted to pray and you could be fired for leading a prayer 

Edit. Would be fired 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 1:24 PM
posted by like_that

And if we are doing whataboutism, there is no doubt that you and gblock would be celebrating if this case were about taking a knee during the anthem. Try to be consistent for me, just once.

No I don’t think the coach should be involved in leading a prayer or encouragement to kneel, but should support players if they want to do either 

Mon, Jun 27, 2022 1:55 PM

All the glory to God for giving my the ability to throw for 375 yards, 4 TDs and only 1 interception, leading us to victory today.  Sorry to take his focus off of terminally ill children, but this game was obviously important to him.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 2:50 PM
posted by like_that

Edit: I could be wrong, but I think the votes are there to codify abortions up to the first trimester. Dems have failed to do this in the last 50 years.   I think some Rs would vote in favor of it too. 

Guess they shouldn’t have argued against a 15 week ban. I agree with the thought 12 weeks would pass, but the crazy ones will still complain. 
majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 2:57 PM
posted by like_that

Yeah, no shit. Did you play football?  Team prayers are very common on most teams (not just in football).  I’m on board with you if he actually coerced them into doing it, but something tells me that every HS athletic team isn’t being coerced to pray for playing time. Like I said, this is up there with qo and cc faux outrage. 

Its pretty clear Kizer was one of those guys that did not go the optional workouts and sat bewildered at the end of the bench during the season.

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 3:03 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I don't see how that case could ever make it to Supreme Court? This did by separation of church and state. 

Like who sees the coach of a football team at a local school district as a representative of the state.

geeblock Member
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 3:07 PM
posted by majorspark

Like who sees the coach of a football team at a local school district as a representative of the state.

It’s a public school. When I was coaching it was made clear you could not pray 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 3:09 PM
posted by majorspark

Its pretty clear Kizer was one of those guys that did not go the optional workouts and sat bewildered at the end of the bench during the season.

Family full of coaches in baseball basketball and football. I never wasn’t somewhere, Mr Google . 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 3:12 PM
posted by majorspark

The tax payers, I’m guessing  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 3:15 PM
posted by geeblock

Too bad they were wrong.  

Thankfully this guy stood up and took it all way.

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 3:22 PM
posted by geeblock

Local school districts are a reflection of their local community.  The coaches and teachers are not directly appointed by the state.  The states and feds weasel in with money.  That is your state involvement.

If we are going with personal accounts when I played in high school we recited the Lord's prayer before hitting the court.  Then at halftime if we were playing shitty he yelled, screamed, chewed our asses out, and if we were playing extra shitty one of those metal trash cans got kicked across the locker room.

geeblock Member
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 3:22 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Too bad they were wrong.  

Thankfully this guy stood up and took it all way.

I think it’s a terrible idea. No need to mix religion and public school. Just because you may be catcholic or whatever doesn’t mean others should be subjected to being alienated or exposed to your religion. Private school, sure have at it . 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 4:11 PM

No I'm telling you if you didn't go to optional workouts that werent really optional you weren't going to play lol.. or did you not play football?

For a moment of lulz, this made me think about this video:

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 4:12 PM
posted by geeblock

I think it’s a terrible idea. No need to mix religion and public school. Just because you may be catcholic or whatever doesn’t mean others should be subjected to being alienated or exposed to your religion. Private school, sure have at it . 

I think it's a great idea; time to go back to fundamentals and stop chasing religion out of our institutions.  Religion, respect, discipline, values. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 4:34 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I think it's a great idea; time to go back to fundamentals and stop chasing religion out of our institutions.  Religion, respect, discipline, values. 

U think that because your expecting the same prayer you hear on Sundays. Doubt you would let your kid be exposed to a different prayer. 

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 4:50 PM

The tax payers, I’m guessing  

I'm guessing no tax payer has ever beat on their local high school football coach's door to bitch about taxes and spending policy.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login