Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 8:55 PM
posted by jmog

My school was good though at football, 

Of course it was - no surprise there.  

Now we know that you were a champion both inside and outside the classroom.  

A renaissance man.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 9:10 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Of course it was - no surprise there.  

Now we know that you were a champion both inside and outside the classroom.  

A renaissance man.

Small school football, not exactly St. Ed’s, but still well known in Ohio.

I went to Mogadore. And yes, we did win the state championship my senior year in 1996.

I was an above average player at best, good enough to start, no where near all state.

Baseball was a little different, good enough to play elite in HS, D2 level college scholarship, but knew baseball wasn’t a career (not good enough for pro). Went to school for engineering and walked onto the team, played JV until I blew out my shoulder.

Anything else you care to know?

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 9:24 PM
posted by majorspark

Is expressing personal views to students on sexual or culture issues to an age appropriate group any different?  I was never forced to participate in school sponsored sports.  I was required to be in the classroom where teachers at times would promote their personal beliefs.  Age appropriate not a problem. 

Coaches are teachers as well.  I grew up in an Amish/Mennonite white as it gets community.  My basketball coach was a black catholic in an Anabaptist community.  You know the history between those two groups.

Local communities can handle this stuff on their own without intervention from the state.  

Berlin?

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 9:26 PM
posted by jmog

I went to Mogadore. And yes, we did win the state championship my senior year in 1996.

I was an above average player at best, good enough to start, no where near all state.

Baseball was a little different, good enough to play elite in HS, D2 level college scholarship, but knew baseball wasn’t a career (not good enough for pro). Went to school for engineering and walked onto the team, played JV until I blew out my shoulder.

When will you guys realize that explaining stuff like this Boogie is a waste of time?  He is incapable of understanding anything he hasn't experienced for himself or processing an abstract thought. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 10:03 PM
posted by majorspark

Not so with my coach.

Only one I ever had like that lol 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 27, 2022 10:44 PM
posted by superman

Berlin?

Yes, I graduated from Hiland in 1991.  Coach was just behind my dad and grandpa as major male figures in my life.  

My grandma went to school at the old Amish school house just down the road a couple of miles on RT 39.  I grew up just a little over a mile behind it.  Grandma literally walked to school uphill both ways.

Tue, Jun 28, 2022 5:39 AM
posted by jmog

Ah.. ok. We won the State Championship my senior year too.  We actually loss to you guys last year in playoffs at your place. 

Tue, Jun 28, 2022 7:02 AM
posted by jmog

I didn’t ask, but thanks for providing.  As we know, you’re a very capable young man.

Tue, Jun 28, 2022 7:02 AM
posted by superman

When will you guys realize that explaining stuff like this Boogie is a waste of time?  He is incapable of understanding anything he hasn't experienced for himself or processing an abstract thought. 

I don’t understand what you’re saying here.

geeblock Member
Tue, Jun 28, 2022 7:08 AM
posted by majorspark

Yes, I graduated from Hiland in 1991.  Coach was just behind my dad and grandpa as major male figures in my life.  

My grandma went to school at the old Amish school house just down the road a couple of miles on RT 39.  I grew up just a little over a mile behind it.  Grandma literally walked to school uphill both ways.

Perry Reese?

Also maybe kevin troyer? played on that team? For bb

majorspark Senior Member
Tue, Jun 28, 2022 8:27 AM
posted by geeblock

Perry Reese?

Also maybe kevin troyer? played on that team? For bb

Yes.

Kevin was a couple of years younger than me.  We went to the same elementary school as well.  Both him and his older brother Keith were very good bb players.

geeblock Member
Tue, Jun 28, 2022 8:33 AM
posted by majorspark

Yes.

Kevin was a couple of years younger than me.  We went to the same elementary school as well.  Both him and his older brother Keith were very good bb players.

He went to college w me and pledged in the same frat a few years behind me. I graduated from meadowbrook in 91

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jun 28, 2022 8:53 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Ah.. ok. We won the State Championship my senior year too.  We actually loss to you guys last year in playoffs at your place. 

CCC? 

Tue, Jun 28, 2022 9:11 AM
posted by jmog

CCC? 

Yes sir. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 28, 2022 10:34 AM
posted by jmog

I usually am outside the far right, nothing new here.

To believe the left hasn’t gone off rockers about most things lately but especially about abortion is a laughable statement.

They were literally talking about and trying to pass bills that allowed mothers to kill babies up to a MONTH AFTER BIRTH.

Out right banning abortion is mild compared to that.

After the ruling, I don't think there was one minute of discussion from the legacy/leftist media about the innocent unborn.  It was/is non-stop screaming about 'reproductive rights' (invented buzzwords) and how terrified women should be.     Sick. 

majorspark Senior Member
Tue, Jun 28, 2022 10:11 PM
posted by geeblock

He went to college w me and pledged in the same frat a few years behind me. I graduated from meadowbrook in 91

Did you give him a good hazing?

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jun 28, 2022 10:41 PM
posted by geeblock

Meadowbrook, never heard of that school until a couple years back when Mogadore played them a few times in football, I want to say twice in regular season and that was about it.

They do well in football most years, at least recently,  no idea how they did years ago.

geeblock Member
Wed, Jun 29, 2022 9:04 AM
posted by majorspark

Did you give him a good hazing?

Haha i usually was the cool one i wasnt really into all that but we did have some fun with it.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 29, 2022 10:26 AM

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login